Piercings anyone?

renogaw

don't worry HL... the teen crowd will be on soon and give you the positive feedback you're looking for :p you just happened to get the old fogies immediately

ruaround

Originally Posted by happityLogan
http:///forum/post/2945486
Really ppl, are you serious? I'm pretty sure I started this thread to meet fellow reefers who have piercings. I didnt start it to defend myself. ok. so anyone have any piercings?
im gonna have to side with you on this one bro... i have NO piercings, but most of my best employees did... i see no problem with it at all... piercings do not make the person, its just a form of self expression...
here is what is going to happen... main stream conformists who dont think for themselves and can not relate body moding will automatically think that you are scummy drug addict that has no esteem or self worth and not even give you a chance... ohhh wait that has already happened in this thread...

majormaz

http:///forum/post/2945486
Really ppl, are you serious? I'm pretty sure I started this thread to meet fellow reefers who have piercings. I didnt start it to defend myself. ok. so anyone have any piercings?
It just so happens this is a very controversial subject, plus you are posting this on a public forum, so you are automatically subjecting yourself to these comments. People are entitled their own opinions and this act is still rather "taboo." Also, why do you put holes in your ears and bull rings through you nose?

Originally Posted by majormaz
http:///forum/post/2945520
It just so happens this is a very controversial subject, plus you are posting this on a public forum. People are entitled their own opinions and this act is still rather "taboo." Also, why do you put holes in your ears and bull rings through you nose?

I respect that, but it wasnt my intentions of starting this thread to discuss any issues having to do with piercings other than showing them to ppl. AND again, to meet others who have them.
I got them bc I like them. and thats about it. other ppl like them too,

lil.guppy

I had my tongue and nose done back in 2005 but took it out because of a business interview. Never put them back in.

lil.guppy

I dont know...is piercings still a big thing? I know it was huge in Texas and that is where I was. Not sure if every state has their own trends. I did not see it in Tennessee or Louisiana nor here in Oregon. Then again maybe Im just not looking HA

Nearly everyone in Texas under the age of 25 has facial piercings. All girls have their noses, and everyone has their ears. Austin is weird though. We're keeping it that way too. :)

lil.guppy

Ok so it is a major Texas thing. You will even see peircings on cashiers at the local walmarts there in Texas.

I like seeing them on other people, but I cant stand the gadges in the ears or the bars between the eyebrows.

I guess its nothing worse then what stevo did on jack a@@

salt life

http:///forum/post/2945446
and who doesnt have their ears' pierced who are my age?
straight guys and non-wiggers. I'm 17 and I'm not in to piercings neither is most of the kids I hang out with, besides the chicks with the belly buttons and stuff, I'm more of a tattoo person. But if you like them then that is what counts, you didn't get them for other peoples enjoyment.

el guapo

If it makes you happy than so be it . But don't be so shocked that your being judged by it . 10 years ago I was the only person I knew that had piercings . Let alone having my ears stretched out to 1" . Now as you have said everybody has it . Its no longer an expression of self is an expression of the collective .

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by majormaz
http:///forum/post/2945520
It just so happens this is a very controversial subject
What are you talking about? Relax man...nothing controversial about about a piercing...your thinking worries me

I had one ear pierced twice, and an eyebrow ring in college. I landed a very good job one month after graduating. I will say I took out the ear rings for the interviews, but did leave the eyebrow ring in (I realize this is not as dramatic as the OP's piercings). After about 3-4 months on the job I took it out. I work with many able bodied piecers...times they do change. This is like when people were not allowed to watch or listen to Elvis back in the day because his hip swiveling was p-ornographic, or controversial if you will.

E

eric b 125

logan: don't sweat these guys. i'll tell you what, if and when you apply for a job, you can always take the piercings out or you could put those clear plastic posts in with no studs. i have 2 tattoos on my neck, my arms, and my hand, along with ones that can be covered up with a shirt, and i work in a field where i am required to save peoples lives. the culture that you decide to relate by no means determines your ability to satisfy a jobs requirements. sure, it IS unprofessional, but its not like you cant remove them. as far as jobs go: i ran a business for years and i'd hire a pierced/ tattooed person before hiring an idiot. the way i see it, my ink MAY have kept me from getting some jobs, but i'd rather work in an environment where i dont have to hide myself. that's not to say i'd go get tear-drops tattooed on my face, but even if i did, that doesnt make me any less capable than the next guy. this is just my experience though, and even though someone might not mind a dude with ink giving them an endotracheal intubation, that's not to say they'd want the same guy representing them in a courtroom. just do you.

Originally Posted by Eric B 125
http:///forum/post/2945817
logan: don't sweat these guys. i'll tell you what, if and when you apply for a job, you can always take the piercings out or you could put those clear plastic posts in with no studs. i have 2 tattoos on my neck, my arms, and my hand, along with ones that can be covered up with a shirt, and i work in a field where i am required to save peoples lives. the culture that you decide to relate by no means determines your ability to satisfy a jobs requirements. sure, it IS unprofessional, but its not like you cant remove them. as far as jobs go: i ran a business for years and i'd hire a pierced/ tattooed person before hiring an idiot. the way i see it, my ink MAY have kept me from getting some jobs, but i'd rather work in an environment where i dont have to hide myself. that's not to say i'd go get tear-drops tattooed on my face, but even if i did, that doesnt make me any less capable than the next guy. this is just my experience though, and even though someone might not mind a dude with ink giving them an endotracheal intubation, that's not to say they'd want the same guy representing them in a courtroom. just do you.

hey, thanks! thats my point exactly.

gypsana

I'm 37 with septum, nostril, many in the ears, tongue, navel, nipples, and use your imagination on the last. I was very interested in body modification as a child and I have not grown out of it. I think piercings can be very attractive and I have seen some that look horrible. I would not want to work for someone who judges me on the decisions I make for my own body. To me it is like not hiring someone because you do not like there clothing style, hair style, etc. But I am used to people making rude comments and starring. Oh well there loss, I am a honest, nice, and decent person. One more thing about piercings you can get rid of them unlike tattoos so pierce away!