Piercings anyone?

demartini

I have a tiny hole in my nose from where I had my nostril pierced and then took it out, so I'm going to get it re-pierced again soon. I want a really, really, tiny diamond.
My ears are pierced and my naval was too in highschool.

sepulatian

I have had my hand, between thumb and index, pierced. I have also had my nose and eyebrow done, at different times. It doesn't make someone look disrespectful, nor does it mean that you are into anything else. Not at all. It is self expression. My son had his eyebrow done. It isn't a tattoo and isn't permanent. Piercings can be taken out. No big deal.

majormaz

Originally Posted by usirchchris
http:///forum/post/2945711
What are you talking about? Relax man...nothing controversial about about a piercing...your thinking worries me

Relax? You have got to be kidding me right? Nothing controversial about this topic?
"A controversy is a dispute, argument, discussion or debate featuring strong disagreements and opposing, contrary or sharply contrasting opinions about an idea, subject, group or person"

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by majormaz
http:///forum/post/2947096
Relax? You have got to be kidding me right? Nothing controversial about this topic?
"A controversy is a dispute, argument, discussion or debate featuring strong disagreements and opposing, contrary or sharply contrasting opinions about an idea, subject, group or person"
Yes I am aware of the definition and still feel piercing is hardly controversial...times they are a changing. Not sure how one can "strongly disagree" with this. No time in my day to worry about what someone else does to themself. However, to each their own...you will still consider this controversial, and I will continue to find your thinking the same...Continue on with your day, and I will mine...just find it a little humorous, that's all.

scsinet

I find it interesting how those with piercings speak of free expression, yet wish for the people who want to voice different perspectives to shut up....

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/2947134
I find it interesting how those with piercings speak of free expression, yet wish for the people who want to voice different perspectives to shut up....
Wow, I missed that post...who said that??

scsinet

The OP and I believe a couple others here have made numerous comments that they only want to hear from people who are going to talk about their piercings and speak postively of them, specifically referring to piercings as free expression.
The problem is that free expression is a two way street. Only allowing free expression about one point of view is called hypocrisy.

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/2947142
The OP and I believe a couple others here have made numerous comments that they only want to hear from people who are going to talk about their piercings and speak postively of them, specifically referring to piercings as free expression.
The problem is that free expression is a two way street. Only allowing free expression about one point of view is called hypocrisy.
Oh, I see. Well, I have not read threw all of this, but think the OP was simply stating he started this thread in search of like bodied folks so they could share their experience. Perhaps one wanting to state their dislike with piercings should start their own thread
...I don't think they are telling them to shut up...just that this thread was not intended for debate. JMHO

I was refering to other ppl putting pics of themselves.
Not that you care or anything, but I'll post some pics later, need to brighten up this thread anyways
its a downer to read up to this point. This whole "controversial issue" thing is hillarious, I find it funny that so many ppl need to put in their .02 about an issue at hand having nothing to do with them. If you dont like piercings, then this thread is obviously not fo you, why do you keep coming back?

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by happityLogan
http:///forum/post/2947372
This whole "controversial issue" thing is hillarious, I find it funny that so many ppl need to put in their .02 about an issue at hand having nothing to do with them. If you dont like piercings, then this thread is obviously not fo you, why do you keep coming back?
+1 Looking for applause smiley. Well put my friend. Man, if I owned a business I would hire you

crimzy

I don't have any piercings but wanted to throw in my $.02 here. As a 33 year old professional, I don't judge people with piercings. I really can't as I have tattoos myself. In high school I had my ear pierced. My wife has a few ear piercings and had her navel done until we had our first child.
However you probably realize that this decision, assuming that you keep them, can limit your career opportunities. While this may not seem like a priority right now, it will when it comes time to fight to get ahead in a very difficult economic environment. And it's not wrong for potential employers to reject you based on your piercings. They have one decision to make when hiring someone... will this person help my bottom line more than any others? Some may be scared off.
BTW, my tattoos are easily covered and no one in my professional life knows about them, (unless they happen to see me at the gym or I play sports with them).
Good luck. Don't get offended by the debate... I actually find it interesting.

my lip stud is tiny (alottt smaller than the one in this pic), and you cant even see my septum ring when I have it tucked in. --->see

here are some cool ones.
deep tissue piercing under the tendon, called the akilese piercing

Im seriously thinking about getting this one. High Nostril piercing.

septum, medussa, labret

medussa, labret