Playoff baseball thread

stdreb27

Well october has arrived and so has the playoffs. We've already seen some masterful pitching performances by Lee, Roy Halliday pitched a no-no. And the yanks mounted a come from behind late inning rally. (sorry twin's fans) Anyway, who are your picks. I'm going to be a bit of a homer here... but here you go.
divisional series
Yankees over the twins
Rangers over tampa
Phils over Cincy
Braves over the Giants
Championship series
Rangers over the yanks
Phils over the Braves
Then in the WS Cliff Lee pitches 2 complete games and they beat the phils in 6.
I can't wait!

National League Division Series
Phillies over Reds in 4 games
Braves over Giants in 5 games
American League Division Series
Yankees over Twins in 4 games
Rays over Rangers in 5 games
NLDS
Phillies over Braves in 6 games
Rays over Yankees in 7 games
World Series
Philadelphia Phillies over Tampa Bay Rays in six games.
Roy Halladay World Series MVP

kjr_trig

A little late there, considering 2 teams have 1-0 lead when you posted this, and one has a 2-0 lead......I just hope the Yankees and DevilRays lose.
Hope San Fran wins it all, but they don't have the hitting. I will take the Phillies to win the Series over the Rangers.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///forum/thread/381012/playoff-baseball-thread#post_3317026
A little late there, considering 2 teams have 1-0 lead when you posted this, and one has a 2-0 lead......I just hope the Yankees and DevilRays lose.
Hope San Fran wins it all, but they don't have the hitting. I will take the Phillies to win the Series over the Rangers.
lol, yeah yeah, I know. But I'da still said the same thing...

kjr_trig

Some incredible pitching performances thus far, Doc Halliday, Cliff Lee, the other dude from Texas, but to me there is no pitcher I would rather watch than Lincecum. The guy just makes batters look stupid. Awesome outing last night. First baseball game I watched start to finish all year.
Plus Big TIme Timmy Jim is in one of the all time great ESPN commercials.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfI8EjoBJYU

deejeff442

it was a cool deal yesterday stdreb.i was pouring a concrete patio yesterday and the customer has a bigscreen tv on his patio.so i got to watch the whole game yesterday.the rangers are pitching and hitting like mad.everyone around here it going nuts now.only problem when the yankmee's get here is there will be alot of their fans in the stands.hey they swept them last time around whos to say they cannot beat them again the rangers sure look good.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/381012/playoff-baseball-thread#post_3317365
it was a cool deal yesterday stdreb.i was pouring a concrete patio yesterday and the customer has a bigscreen tv on his patio.so i got to watch the whole game yesterday.the rangers are pitching and hitting like mad.everyone around here it going nuts now.only problem when the yankmee's get here is there will be alot of their fans in the stands.hey they swept them last time around whos to say they cannot beat them again the rangers sure look good.
I use to like you Deejeff

deejeff442

what funny is as you might have read i moved here from buffalo.my uncle,grandma and most of my friends up there are yankee fans.its hard to root against my grandma :0(
but i never followed baseball untill i came here simply because there isnt a pro team in buffalo.the buffalo bisons aaa are the farm team for cleveland.i have gone to a bunch of games here and the stadium is sweet.gotta support the home team.but my buffalo sabres start the season tonight.i bleed saberes hockey.they come here against dallas oct. 28th gotta dust off my jersey

deejeff442

well guess i shouldnt be surprised the rangers are choking the chicken.plus my sabres got whooped last night.yuk