Post a pic of your nano

peef

appreciate the looking out there, paintballer but this thread is for everyone to post pics of their nanos in one place. My thread is different and thats my tank diary. Thanks though for the good thought!!!

matt b

new but working on it and i just got the bulb anemone about a week ago is it normal for it to be that color

peef

It looks alright for the most part, maybe a tiny bleached but thats not a huge deal if you have the right lights on it now. What do you have?

paintballer768

Originally Posted by peef
appreciate the looking out there, paintballer but this thread is for everyone to post pics of their nanos in one place. My thread is different and thats my tank diary. Thanks though for the good thought!!!

Oh Im sorry, I thought this was your tank thread
. Got them confused

paintballer768

Originally Posted by MaTT B
what do u mean when u say bleached????
Not 100% sure, but I think its when there isnt enough light, the anemone looses its color slowly.

matt b

oo ok well i just order a new hood so lets hope it gets here in time bcus its looking worse and worse now its like all bunched up and not looking to good

peef

Bleaching is caused by die off of zooxanthela (sp) if you have the new hood one the way you should be fine! When a coral or anemone bleach they start to get whiter and whiter or more transparent looking. It is a problem that can be stopped but only by changing the source...like insufficient lighting, or too much lighting too fast (by adding a new high power light) and not acclimating tank.

Nice tanks everyone! Shortly after posting the pics of the 20gxh, the stand it was on gave out in the middle of the night. I woke up to water pouring on my floor. It sucked. I had to move everything to my 28g marineland bowfront. That was almost a month ago and I'm posting some pics of it as it sits now. I did not lose a single piece, but a few did receed. That has stopped and the colors and new growth are coming back. The acropora efflo and scoly have found new homes(sold).
Center left

FTS