Post questions that don't need a thread here!

who dey

Originally Posted by sign guy
3330 post how cool is that anyway I think that is a rio pump. its not a neddle wheel pump, it just throws water up and hopes it will create micro bubbles. this company makes exelant sumps and tanks but horible skimmers
can i buy a needle wheel pump somewhere?? congrats on the 3330

sign guy

a dry skimm should not have any fome overflowing the top I would do three things
1 turn it down to about inch into the cup
2 close up your cups drain line. chanses are the gunk is flowing out befor it collects and you see it.
3 clean your skimmer at least once a week a skimmer cup may look clean but if the inside wall is coated it will preform poorly

who dey

a dry skimm should not have any fome overflowing the top I would do three things
1 turn it down to about inch into the cup
2 close up your cups drain line. chanses are the gunk is flowing out befor it collects and you see it.
3 clean your skimmer at least once a week a skimmer cup may look clean but if the inside wall is coated it will preform poorly
i'm not running the remote drain line anymore (old pic) a little confused by #1 could you explain a little more??

sign guy

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
can i buy a needle wheel pump somewhere?? congrats on the 3330
yes but if you look hard enough you can find a supper skimmer 65 much cheaper than you could buy a pump

who dey

sign guy said:
yes but if you look hard enough you can find a supper skimmer 65 much cheaper than you could buy a pump[/QUOTE
Im sure i could but this freakin skimmer was just under 200 bucks at my lfs

sign guy

=WHO DEYIm sure i could but this freakin skimmer was just under 200 bucks at my lfs

:scared: I would stop shoping there

who dey

just dropped it about 1 inch below the cup. Let's see what that does. Thanks for the help sign. I'm out!!

who dey

ill look you in a cupple of days to see how its doing
latter
cool, Btw I got a dui in stockbridge (henry county) 5 years ago!!! Worst experience ever!!!