post your angels

bob a.

Originally Posted by jr2857
post your angelfish i don't have any but angels are some of the most beautiful creatures of the sea so let's see em

Here's Queenie:

theonlykc

Originally Posted by HuntOaks
My Emp Juvi! I got it from this site.

wait do you have a blue and yellow tang together? Do they fight?

huntoaks

Originally Posted by theonlyKC
wait do you have a blue and yellow tang together? Do they fight?
They have never fought. Ever!!!

bob a.

Originally Posted by ktsdad
Here's my 2.
Interesting. I have always thought you couldnt have more than one pygmy or full size angel in a tank. Do the coral beauty and flame get along? How long have they been together?

ktsdad

We did allot of research on this subject, on this board and others.
We have had ours for about a 2 weeks and they get along fine.
What we learned about having multiple angels is that sucess depends on 2 main factors;
1. Size of the tank. We have ours in a 250 gallon, lots of room for them to go their own ways
2. Order of introduction into the tank. We introduced both at the same time so there wasn't any established "pecking" order.
Good Luck!

peter1215

Originally Posted by Bob A.
Here's Queenie:

what size tank do you hav this queen in ? I'm dying to get one, maybe a juvie but i only have a 120g tanks (60 x 18) . is this large enoguh for now ?

peter1215

Originally Posted by Bob A.
Interesting. I have always thought you couldnt have more than one pygmy or full size angel in a tank. Do the coral beauty and flame get along? How long have they been together?
BOB
im really starting to believe this "law" of one angel to a tank is really a one to one basis. I have several friends who have numerous angles in their tanks. One has a blue ring and a french in a 220 . the other guy has about three pygmies in a 180g

creative

Here is an Australian Emperor. I think it is the nicest I have ever seen. Unfortunatly
I forgot to turn my system back on after doing some upgrading onenight and wiped out my tank wow was I sick.

fishboy091

Originally Posted by HSanchez
Are angels reef safe?
Like ktsdad said, bigger ones aren't but it's luck of the draw with dwarf angels. It all depends on their personality.

ktsdad

Originally Posted by fishboy091
Like ktsdad said, bigger ones aren't but it's luck of the draw with dwarf angels. It all depends on their personality.
We have been doing research on larger reef safe fish, we didn't buy a 250 gallon tank to have a bunch of dwarfs and I really don't want any Ich Magnets - I mean any tangs.
We have found one large angelfish that is listed as reef safe and non-aggresive toward most other fish. The Swallow Tail Angel, aka Blackspot Angelfish (Genicanthus melanospilos).
According to the Pocket Expert Guide for Marine Fish (Scott W Michael), it poses no threat to stony or soft corals.
Picture (large adult female) from another website since it is not available on SWF.com

dcbball

If you want to have an angel in your reef tank try dwarfs.. but be careful with them and keep an eye on your brains and clams.. they love to much on those