Post your Photo tips here...

mike22cha

One thing I learned while trying to take pictures is to auto focus on slow moving fish or corals who don't move at all. Focus it manualy if you can for fast moving fish. As soon as it is focused for a fish then take pics as it is moving around. I hate when I try to auto focus and the fish is in a perfect shot but it focuses instead of taking a shot. That's just my 2 cents.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this...but for clear pictures use a tripod or put your camera on a table and take the picture using the self timer, that way there is no hand shake.
Adam

I have tried disposable cameras with no luck. I am an older woman living on a fixed income. I looked up digital cameras and found 3 for under $100[I'll have to save for a while to be able to spend this much.] Have any of you had experience with these cameras?:
Cyber-Shot DSC 650
Finepix A345
Photo-Smart 315
I just want to be able to take some pretty pictures of my fish and inverts. Please someone help me. I have to order everything online because I'm in a wheelchair and it's difficult to go anywhere.

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by janicebembry
I have tried disposable cameras with no luck. I am an older woman living on a fixed income. I looked up digital cameras and found 3 for under $100[I'll have to save for a while to be able to spend this much.] Have any of you had experience with these cameras?:
Cyber-Shot DSC 650
Finepix A345
Photo-Smart 315
I just want to be able to take some pretty pictures of my fish and inverts. Please someone help me. I have to order everything online because I'm in a wheelchair and it's difficult to go anywhere.
wal mart.com. they have a decent selection of digitals at walmart and we got ours an hp photosmart m525 for about $125-we had to save for ours too
but it does take decent pics for the $ and the hp photosmart program is very user friendly

koop

if our camera is able to use micro which is the rose on it use that when taking close pics.

wattsupdoc

I recently got a canon Rebel XTI 8 mp SLR. It came with a 18-55 lens. But taking up close macro shots with that lens just doesn't work. Getting it to focus in with the camera up close to it is near impossible. I am learning how to use the F/stop, ISO, and other functions. But still getting an up close detailed macro is not gonna happen with this lens.
What lens should I look for to do this? Maybe even an enexpensive one....

happyhourh

Not that I take great pics but I'll post some things I do that may help others.
If you have trouble with fast movers or because of hand shake, use your flash. I dont know why but I take great pictures of my fish with the flash. Not so good without.
I will also move my hand with the fish and this will help sometimes too.
The main thing is to take lots and lots just to get that 1 good one.

triga22

Also I find it best to take the pictures when your fish are occupied or when they dont know your there. My fish tend to move wayy to much when I come close. Shoot during feedings.!