Price of Gas.

orion7

Jebuz, if that keeps going up I doubt I will be able to afford salt for my fish tank. It is a $1.97 a gallon here. This keeps up the cost of everything is going to skyrocket. Did anyone read the claims today that Bush and Bin LAden are old buddies. Makes you wonder?

D

daniel411

Check out the book "House of Bush, House of Saud".. pretty interesting. Remember though that the Laden family is like the "Kennedy" family over in Saudia Arabia. With Bin Laden being their.. "suposedly" misfit, just as the Kennedy family has theirs...

orion7

All I read about are the hybrids that are coming out. When are all the hydrogen fuel cell cars coming? Clean dependable energy. Why aren't we jumping on this, the research is done the technology is there. A full electric car that uses water to generate energy. And why aren't there more wind mill generators and hydrologic or geothermic power plants popping up. They have modified wind mills that use the current of the ocean to make energy. And think of solar panels.
We don't need gas or fossil fuel energy. I repeat:
We don't need gas or fossil fuel energy anymore.

No fossil fuels, much less air pollution. No more need to really tear up the country side for the fossil resources. Only problem I see is filtering seawater into a usable commodity.

skirrby

those cars arent coming till the government finds a way to tax the crap out of them. gas in itself isnt that expensive.. when you add on all the taxes, state, federal, and county,, that is what really makes it so high.. i know 60 cents a gallon of our gas here in orlando goes to taxes.. gas here is at about $1.86 for regular.. if they werent taxing it, it would only $1.26 a gallon. But theres no chance at all of the the taxes being lifted. thats how i see it.. but im honestly thinking of getting a hybrid. 54mpg is alot better than my 18mpg.. and those are highway miles

jlem

I am curious how quick the fossil fuel junkies work a deal with the car manufacturers to make the hybrids way to expensive.

meow

Originally posted by orion7
No fossil fuels, much less air pollution. No more need to really tear up the country side for the fossil resources. Only problem I see is filtering seawater into a usable commodity. [/B]
I don't know if america will ever be ready to convert to hydrogen fueled cars completely. Americans like their loud, smelly cars too much.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by orion7
All I read about are the hybrids that are coming out. When are all the hydrogen fuel cell cars coming? Clean dependable energy. Why aren't we jumping on this, the research is done the technology is there. A full electric car that uses water to generate energy. And why aren't there more wind mill generators and hydrologic or geothermic power plants popping up. They have modified wind mills that use the current of the ocean to make energy. And think of solar panels.
We don't need gas or fossil fuel energy. I repeat:
We don't need gas or fossil fuel energy anymore.

No fossil fuels, much less air pollution. No more need to really tear up the country side for the fossil resources. Only problem I see is filtering seawater into a usable commodity.

-Most of the hybrid cars that are out don't get the incredible MPG that the EPA is stating. The testing procedures aren't really capable of handling the dual gas/electric engines in a realistic manner. Most will only get just over half the estimated fuel mileage, maybe more if you're just doing slow city driving and only activing the electric engine
-While I'm all for wind-mill and geothermic power plants. The electricity isn't as reliable or as cheap as fossil fuel plants. Theres a huge difference in mega-watt costs. Many power companies are investing in the technology, but if they can't recoup their much higher costs... and have DE/RE regulated markets forcing unrealistic market prices they'd go bankrupt by doing such. There are some small energy traders specializing in clean energy, but they charge the end user a hefty premium for it. Sadly, alot of that is a sham too though, and the few I know of have all been caught either being blatantly shady (buying fossil fuel and making a huge margin) or just legally fool you. By picking up the energy in other places where the "clean" definitions are different. Also just so you know, some wind mill electric generating farms had to be removed from service because of environmental damage!

schneidts

How much was the highest priced gas in the '80's? As far as hydrogen based cars go, as far as I know there is problems with the fuel cell technology, so it isn't a reality right now, and won't be for a while. We've dug this grave and now we are at the mercy of the oil cartels. IMO, we should have been putting much more $$, and much more research into alternative fuel sources over the last 20 yrs. I think it is definitely a product of bi-partisanism and pandering to lobbyists.

schneidts

really? I guess I didn't account for inflation. I expect to see it's equivalent exceeded by mid summer. No sense in whining about it though, the only thing I can do is make sure my car is running efficiently, and find room in other areas of our budget.:yes: :rolleyes:

joerdie

here's a thought. dont buy an f-ing hummer. people in suvs make me sick. IMO if you own an suv you dont have the right to complain.

jeepboy

Gas should go up again as the price of a barrel of crude is going up again. Maybe gas will start costing more than fish...lol

bsktmom

I just received this e-mail and thought some of you might be interested.
MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM DAY"
> IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.
>
> AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.
>
> THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.
>
> THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.
> REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
>
> WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,
> WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
>
> SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE
CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

joerdie

none of theses ideas will work. dont even feel like typing out why. i wish they would work but they wont. dont waste your time. want cheaper oil. read my last post on the nuke them to sand thread. if the us did this we wouldnt have an issue.

bsktmom

Sorry I wasn't yelling in the above e-mail. I cut and pasted it. I don't know if it would work but what could it hurt.