Project 300 is underway!!!

tthemadd1

How come I cant see the pics?
I have noticed on a couple of theads the pics dont show up on my computer.

robchuck

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Any new pics lately?
Not since the last update. I haven't really done much with the tank outside of standard maintenance. But I did put an ozonizer on a few weeks ago and put a clean up crew in a few days ago.
My wife and I plan to renovate the room the tank is in sometime this summer, so the finishing work will be completed when we work on the room.

robchuck

Originally Posted by hopkins6
That sucks that all of those pictures got erased. I just found this thread and I really wanted to see them. The video was awesome.
I still have all of the pictures saved on my home PC. I'll repost them in this thread when I have a chance.

robchuck

Originally Posted by hopkins6
O yah and is that glass or acrylic you are cutting through up above?
That's 3/8" thick acrylic. Each hole took about 10 minutes to cut with a 1-3/4" bi-metal hole saw on my 14.4V cordless drill.

robchuck

Originally Posted by shawnts106
how come in your pictures your tank seems so dark....?
There's a variety of reasons, but mainly I suck at photography! The background behind the tank is black, but the main reason is because I haven't framed the front pane yet; light leaks out through the openings and throws off the metering of my camera.

robchuck

Originally Posted by tthemadd1
How come I cant see the pics?
I have noticed on a couple of theads the pics dont show up on my computer.
The administration of this message board upgraded their software about a month ago. Any attachments that were posted before the upgrade no longer show. Hopefully, they'll be back, but as I mentioned earlier, I still have all of the photos on my computer and will repost them in this thread when I have a chance.

hopkins6

ROBCHUCK, I have a sony 3.2 mega pixel cybershot camera that has a MPEG movie movie making thing. I was wondering if you could tell me how to get the movie onto a link from my camera like you have? My email is teazylax6@aol.com. Thanks. Your movie was awesome by the way.

robchuck

There isn't much to posting a video. The first one I made was simply raw footage taken from my digital camera. It saved the video as a .MOV file which I uploaded onto a free hosting website (Putfile.com - the website has full directions for posting).
The site I used requires videos to be smaller than 10MB, so for the second video, I used video editing software (Adobe Premier) to edit a short video and compress it into a file small enough to post online.

robchuck

My wife and I did some remodeling work to the family room (where the tank is) this past weekend and I'm now finally able to say that the project is finished! Here are some pics of the front of the tank and the fishroom entrance and side window:

robchuck

When I added the clean up crew a few weeks ago, I also added a few neon gobies. Here's a couple of pics of one of them sitting in my hydnophora:

robchuck

And today, I was able to add a fish that I've been longing after for a long time: a Centropyge multicolor. This fish has been REALLY shy so far, but snuck out long enough for me to snap a pic of it's rear end. Hopefully I'll come up with some better pics of this fish in the days ahead.