Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

bellanavis

It looks great, I hope mine turnes out half as good. I just sent you an email, sorry, I know I am a pain in the butt. Hey, if you go to that swap, I have a nice leather frag that you can have to take, if your intrested, I amin Reading, so its gotta be close.

acrylic51

I was just thinking about you when I heard about the swap......I'm seriously considering going.....I've seen them listed in Hegins before and that's a trek as well for me......I looked at the directions and it say's a little over an hour....63 miles....not to bad I guess........
Thanks guys.....second coat goes on hopefully tonight, but depending on time constraints....Have important business to deal with tomorrow morning.......

bellanavis

I just checked out that site, I would love to go, I wonder if kids can go? Anywyas, its so close to me, let me know if your going.

bobrob

great idea with dedicating a portion of your garage to the fish room ! But , i'm sure someone has already asked you where you live ! Is this tank going to safe from dramatic temperature changes. Would you like to sleep all winter in the garage of a house in South Dakota?
I'm sure you have already thought of this, & don't take this wrong ... many people think about the "cool factor" of having a saltwater set-up , instead of the life quality of who has to live in it ! PLEASE do not take my comments in the wrong way , more power to you IF you have all your bases covered . ( as I said , i didn't have a chance to read all your post replies , there are alot ! ) Very good luck on the 240 ! your kids will love it !!!!!!

puffer32

Originally Posted by bobrob
great idea with dedicating a portion of your garage to the fish room ! But , i'm sure someone has already asked you where you live ! Is this tank going to safe from dramatic temperature changes. Would you like to sleep all winter in the garage of a house in South Dakota?
I'm sure you have already thought of this, & don't take this wrong ... many people think about the "cool factor" of having a saltwater set-up , instead of the life quality of who has to live in it ! PLEASE do not take my comments in the wrong way , more power to you IF you have all your bases covered . ( as I said , i didn't have a chance to read all your post replies , there are alot ! ) Very good luck on the 240 ! your kids will love it !!!!!!
He's got all the bases covered

reefkprz

I'm just gonna worship you. after seeing your tank nearer completion my Girlfriend told me I need to upgrade to a larger tank.... I owe you. (I'm a carpenter and she wants a tank that nice looking in our place now) though I will be very hard pressed to pull that off, your work is VERY impressive.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by bobrob
No offense Bobrob, and yes I do live in PA and we do see are fair share of cold winters and hot summers, not as cold as yours I'd imagine......The fishroom is heated and air conditioned the same as the house, so the climatic changes really weren't a concern.....I've also used humistats to take care of controlling moisture as well, with the large body of water....Several exhaust fans and duct work had been put into place early on in construction of the project.......Actually I have slept in my fishroom during last winter at times
and have no real issues......I usually wear shorts in the winter time, and in the fishroom it's rather warm......
I didn't quite follow you when you say about quality of life for who has to live in it?????? I would think just glancing at the build list with the heater, room AC, and the chiller that they will have better comforts than most humans......If the central air and window backup AC's and 1HP chiller can't keep them cool, and tank heaters, and heat in room can't warm them, then we all have problems.........Thanks for the concern.....

acrylic51

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I'm just gonna worship you. after seeing your tank nearer completion my Girlfriend told me I need to upgrade to a larger tank.... I owe you. (I'm a carpenter and she wants a tank that nice looking in our place now) though I will be very hard pressed to pull that off, your work is VERY impressive.
Thank You.......but a word of advice???!!!!! :notsure: Get the tank NOW, since that's what your girlfriend wants.....that way she can't change her mind.......Us men know we should always listen to the woman in our lives.....I tell my wife I'm doing another and see looks in the yellow pages under attorneys
Man I'd hate to see her go!!!!!! No just kidding......For whatever reason my wife puts up with all the dust, mess, tool purchases just to see me enjoy things......All I have to say if you have a significant other that supports your hobby or passion, give em a hug and say Thank You.......Then run and get the bigger tank....

fishstix4u

no wiser words spoken here...... i was shocked and thrilled when my wife took an intrest.. her official job is to mix buckets of salt and test the water.. and she loves it.. she was a biochem major so she knows here way around chemicals and she never once yells when i come home with a 200 dollar recipt in pocket from the fish store when she does the wash. dude if she said its cool! buy it.. then marry her!

scarface

Hey acrylic really nice work...I just finished reading all the post from the last page and you mentioned something about a photo software...did you try out picasa from google pretty good stuff and its free lol HTH if you didnt do anything about it yet.

acrylic51

I'm taking all the suggestions and going to look at them all.......Fishstix4u.....hasn't your wife broken you yet of leaving stuff in your pockets???? My wifes' still working on that one

Thanks Scarface.....

volcom69

I used to live in palmyra but just moved to lebanon so im alittle bit further away from u but not that bad, i used to work in harrisburg before i moved. Any good fish/coral places in harrisburg or that u go to all i have is that fish place which i go there but lookin for other places.