Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

maelv

WOW Acrylic.....This is awesome....I am in the starting phase of building a fish room also. Not going to be as intricated as yours...WOW....that is all I can say...I hope that mine turns out half-way decent.....mine is for a 135 gallon. We'll see what happens.....

acrylic51

Thanks,....tried up loading pics last night and my HP photo program seems to have taken a dump and keeps giving me an error, so trying to figure out how to get my pictures out of it, and get new program to edit my pics in.....Any suggestions out there?????
I did get the first coat of stain on the stand last night, and I'm pretty pleased....Still have a couple areas I want to look at carefully before the 2nd coat is applied, but hopefully by this evening I'll have some pics posted.....

saltn00b

Photoshop is the best way to go for photo editing. are your pics still on your camera card? i would just copy them directly over to a folder and not depend on a program for the copying / moving of files....its safer that way.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by saltn00b
Photoshop is the best way to go for photo editing. are your pics still on your camera card? i would just copy them directly over to a folder and not depend on a program for the copying / moving of files....its safer that way.
Yeah they are in a folder as well outside the PhotoPremier program.....I'm just looking for another program that I can organize my different pics in from family and work and stuff.....Thanks.......I did post on your thread, don't know if I was much help, but throw some drawing up there what you have in mind and we'll get it working....

acrylic51

Originally Posted by psusocr1
hey acrylic you going tot he fragswap in reading on saturday?
Didn't know anything about it....Where's it going to be held??? Is this a NCPARS event?

acrylic51

Originally Posted by FishStix4u
are you still going to lancaster tomarow... i'm actually heading down there for work but going to the fish store as well..
Sorry not going to make it down today......Probably won't get down till Thursday or Friday......

fishstix4u

i have to go to lancaster for a job im doing might bleed till thrusday dont know.. but ill check my email. i would like to shake the hand of the guy thats building what im viewing in this thread and the one who helped me a great deal.. i would say im 80% clear but i can finally see my zenia.. they melted.. all is is great... wanna hear somthing weird... tank looks great today.. cant find my sleeper goby.

acrylic51

Glad to hear the tank is clearing.....Maybe he was the issue, but hopefully he wasn't.....Let me know when your going to get down...usually Thursday or Friday are best for me.......What time would you be down there??? I'm always open and all you have to do when you get there is tell 1 of the girls to page Shawn.....they know me, they see me enough.......

fishstix4u

haha your kidding... thats great.. cant do thursday i forgot i run a texas holdem tornament every thursday and when i am done working ill have to hit the road and get back home and set up for that at the bar... probably friday or saturday... being mid afternoon aroud 3 ish

dejaco

Up above you asked about "VLP" sprayers. I know alot about "HVLP" (high volume low pressure" sprayers. For your job they would work out pretty good. However, you will have a whole bunch of masking to do. Personally I would mask off my edging for hand applying conditioner and stain. Then mask off all glass and drywall back aboyt 2 fott from spray lines. Drop a mask film over door into house, open door to garage and put in a box fan to suck out fumes/exhuast, then put a tarp down on new tile, and one out into garage so if you drip you don't track it.
If you have a Sherwin-Williams close by - they rent equipment - rent a CAP9100 HVLP and pot gun. Tell them you will be spraying (oil bases I hope)
so they can make sure the right tip and needle are in. Whatever your final fish is to be I would suggest at least two coats of gloss. Then sand and tack. Finally one or two coats finish. The reason for gloss is anymore it's cheaper than a sanding sealer, it won't build up a milky film like satin, and it actually sands easily! I like the purple Scotch brite pads for between coat sanding, conforms well to angles nooks and crannies. Holler if you need tech support or advice (Dennis Cook - dejaco@bresnan.net) if we need I can give ya my home phone and talk ya through most anything. Just an offer - not trying to tell ya what to do! Anymore the contractors just send all windows, doors, jambs, base, case, and assorted trim pcs to my shop and we do it there (only have to go on site to fill holes, and final coat!).

saltn00b

if you get the latest version of photoshop , "CS II" it comes with an additional program called Adobe Bridge, which has a neat function where you can tell it to do batch file processing. for example after i go through pics i have taken from the camera, i will clean up the good ones, delete the majority which arent good, and then batch process them to be copied into a new folder , resized to fit posting rules on SWF :)

psusocr1

Didn't know anything about it....Where's it going to be held??? Is this a NCPARS event?
yes its a NCPARS event , its being held at a center in reading.. i can get you details if you wish.
thatw ould be cool to meet you and talk about what we build! maybe evan try to spread the word about how we do it..
they were lookign for demonstrations awhile back and iw as thinkign maybe me and you get together at a swap and build a small acrylic tank or refuge just to show people how it works and how we do it, then we can auction it off.
i know i have alot of spare acrylic and all the weld-ons one would ever need

acrylic51

I was just rooting through the garage looking to trash some acrylic.......I have to go to the supplier tomorrow, and get some pricing for Nikki......

reckler

I see one problem with this setup. If you decide to get ride of the tank, does that mean the house comes with it......? LOL
I envy your tank,plumbing, and everything else you have there, best of luck with it, and keep the pictures coming.

psusocr1

hey acrylic,
just email me at psusocr@aol.com and ic an give you the info etc. maybe we can evan put together a quick demp for everyone since i know they are still looking for people.
i belong ot NCPARS but didnt pay for my registration yet which i w ill do this saturday at the swap.. its cheap!
theres also ALOT of great frags already posted

acrylic51

Originally Posted by reckler
I see one problem with this setup. If you decide to get ride of the tank, does that mean the house comes with it......? LOL
I envy your tank,plumbing, and everything else you have there, best of luck with it, and keep the pictures coming.
Actually the wife and I are considering building another new house, but can't come to an agreement as to where....She's wants to be in a development with sidewalks and such, but wants horses!!!!!!
Kinda doesn't make sense can't keep horses in a development....Me on the other hand don't want any neighbors, away from everything, so I can enjoy myself and my bike....I grew up in the sticks so figure.......
Honestly though if the tank had to come out it wouldn't be that bad......A little drywall cutting on the front side on both ends roughly 6" up and you can slide the tank.......Easier said than done with sliding the tank......

acrylic51

Originally Posted by volcom69
Hey see u in Harrisburg pa i live like 20 min from the area, everything looks good so far.
Where exactly are you at?

acrylic51

I think I got this pic thing straightened out......Here's some pics as the wood conditioner was applied, and then with the first coat of stain applied, before it was wiped......