Project you can't have...

mboswell1982

nice man, 7 pages worth so far LOL so how do u like the rock you have in it? are you gonna change it out some or keep what u have?

whisk

looking good man! What is that hang on lamp shining on, fuge? hard to tell from the pic.

rotarymagic

...sheeit.. way more than I was hoping hahaha.
I did get impatient and buy a brand new koralia nano and brand new stealth 50w heater...
those did hike up the costs.. I did include buying a drill, drillbit set, dremel and accessories, hand saw, and that sort of thing in the build cost too.

rotarymagic

I've decided I'm going to get the rock work right... let it run for a month. Put in the yellow assessor and then dose it heavily with live phyto and get the dissolved organics really high and then transfer the cocoworm over..
then I'll start adding corals..
I need to make sure the stirred up nitrates and crap out of that livesand stabilize.
I'm thinking it'll have intense coralline within 2 weeks lol..

nigerbang

Rotarymagic;2799658 said:
So I got me a 1 of 4 produced Tunze MACNA promo tanks 40cm (15.748inches) x40cmx35cm (13.78inches) tall which is roughly 15gallons with matching stand. I had been begging this LFS owner to sell me this thing for the last 10 months and its been mostly kept as a dwarf puffer planted FW tank for his display. I was surprised at how relatively cheap he let it go too.. friend discount I guess.. We called the Tunze guy just to see if they made an oem light and stuff for it, he laughed and thats when we learned they made 4 of them.
enjoy.
rimless, braceless, black silicone, sexy. these cellphone pics are not however. lol.
Last 10 months...must have been last years MACNA because they didnt have them setup this year...

rotarymagic

NigerBang;2859390 said:
Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2799658
So I got me a 1 of 4 produced Tunze MACNA promo tanks 40cm (15.748inches) x40cmx35cm (13.78inches) tall which is roughly 15gallons with matching stand. I had been begging this LFS owner to sell me this thing for the last 10 months and its been mostly kept as a dwarf puffer planted FW tank for his display. I was surprised at how relatively cheap he let it go too.. friend discount I guess.. We called the Tunze guy just to see if they made an oem light and stuff for it, he laughed and thats when we learned they made 4 of them.
enjoy.
rimless, braceless, black silicone, sexy. these cellphone pics are not however. lol.
Last 10 months...must have been last years MACNA because they didnt have them setup this year...

correct.. it wasn't the recent one.

rotarymagic

It's gettin pretty clear... sorry for the crappy pic once again and my hand shook lol..
look at that clear film free surface haha.

rotarymagic

I did some scaping... I'm waiting for the water to clear then I'll take a pic and do some fine tuning..
I was gonna do the breaching thing but I hate all the salt creep associated with that lol.
I got the rock within a half inch of the surface so it looks cool.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/2860212
I seen those tanks for sell earlier today..matter of a fact.
The Tunze tanks?? I doubt it. You may have seen some custom tanks that look like them, but these were actually made by Tunze.

nigerbang

http:///forum/post/2860214
The Tunze tanks?? I doubt it. You may have seen some custom tanks that look like them, but these were actually made by Tunze.
Another brand...nothing special..its made by Tunze..and..

rotarymagic

all right cool man.. I appreciate the negativity..

I'll continue to enjoy my tank whether or not I have your support.

nigerbang

http:///forum/post/2860226
all right cool man.. I appreciate the negativity..

I'll continue to enjoy my tank whether or not I have your support.
like I said..its a cool looking tank but its not the only one of its style...the pics I have seen, its going to look great..I was just saying that to me its not that big of a deal that it was made by tunze...
Your pics do look good though coming along nicely