PS3 owners? How were you able to get yours?

whitey

Originally Posted by Yimmy
no on ---- I saw one go for like 30k or something. My friend sold his for 3000.

The auctions going for 30k, even 3k are bogus. They are driven up by scammers. If you think someone really paid $30,000 for a playstation I feel sorry for you.
Click on the auctions and see how many of the winning bidders are no longer registered. The highest I've seen one sell for and actually have feedback given, meaning the transaction was actually carried out was $1600.
Still insane, but no one got $3000 for theirs. Anyone can say what they want, "I sold mine for $10,000," it doesn't mean anything, and frankly I think someone saying they got $3500 for one is full of BS.
Your friend didn't sell his for $3000.

peckhead

Originally Posted by Whitey
Your friend didn't sell his for $3000.

how the hell would you know...i know people tha thave sold them for 3500 too. so im lying too?

sebae09

this is getting funny, but anyways ill keep my ps2 for a while untill the prices go down. you guys are awsome.

demartini

Originally Posted by Yimmy
no on ---- I saw one go for like 30k or something. My friend sold his for 3000.
lol I’m going to go see if I can trade mine in for a new car!
there are tons of listings all over the place... what makes you think a legitimate bidder would pay that much?

squidd

When you can come on here and say "I" sold mine for $3500...AND show us the link..
We'll believe you...
Otherwise "everybody" knows someone who knows some one...

sebae09

i know a guy who knows a guy thats killed a guy and is now in jail, thats kinda what this thread sounds like.

yimmy

no joke...on the news it said they were going for that much. The day that it came out if you looked on ---- it was amazing how much it cost. Now the price dropped because sony just sent out another shipment. I've been following it since it came out, and in my Business/Marketing class in school we did a project on the PS3 how its being treated as a stock share wrather than a video game system.

whitey

I stand by what I said, and I believe I'm right, that's all.
I doubt anyone got $3500 for one of these things, so I simply call BS.

whitey

Originally Posted by peckerhead
how the hell would you know...i know people tha thave sold them for 3500 too. so im lying too?

Either you are, or the people you know are.

nigerbang

I sold 2 PS2's on Ee_Bay at christmas when they came out for around $1700 a peice...As far as the PS3...You have to have atleast 100 feedback and 98 being positive..I saw one that had 10 PS3 and like 5 WII..I thought was crazy..

whitey

Originally Posted by NigerBang
I sold 2 PS2's on Ee_Bay at christmas when they came out for around $1700
a peice...As far as the PS3...You have to have atleast 100 feedback and 98 being positive..I saw one that had 10 PS3 and like 5 WII..I thought was crazy..

Nope. Once again, system retailed for $299
It was released late October. At Christmas you didn't get $1700 a piece.
Sorry, BS

X

xoxox

I can believe someone paid $3500 for a system, people with large bank accounts will pay anything if they want something. Not to mention the amount of people who have more money than brains, they exist in mass.

ice4ice

I heard a customer bought 5 PS3 units and sold them for $1500 each outside Best Buy ealry last week. Hmmmm .... $250 ea. times 5 equals $1369 (with 9.5% sales tax included) and sell for $1500 each equals $7500 !!!!! WOW !!!

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Whitey
Nope. Once again, system retailed for $299
It was released late October. At Christmas you didn't get $1700 a piece.
Sorry, BS

Yeah your right....why wouldnt you be..you seem to know everything..
or more like nothing..I know what the system retailed for..I waited in line for 12 hours to get it...At Christmas there are moron parents that are willing to pay anything so they can look like the coolest parents..so dont talk about something you know nothing about..
From MSNBC
“Me personally, I’ve seen what they’re going for ... so I’m thinking probably of selling, because it’s such a large profit margin,” he said.
The two PS3 models cost $500 and $600 in the stores, but were selling for between $1,000 and $3,000 on ---- on Friday, with most of them toward the higher end of the range.
But many auctions that were posted earlier in the week were withdrawn before they ended, probably because the prospective sellers were not able to obtain one of the 400,000 units available at the launch.
The tight supplies led to rowdiness at several stores, and some shoppers were attacked by muggers. In Putnam, Conn., two gunmen tried to rob people lined up for the console, and shot one who refused to surrender his money. Michael Penkala, 21, of Webster, Mass., was wounded in the chest and shoulder. He was in stable condition Friday with injuries not believed to be life threatening, according to Connecticut State Police.
In Fresno, Calif., police arrested two people and threatened to use Tasers to break up a crowd that rushed a store and trampled people in the parking lot. And outside a Target store in Henrico, Va., police fired a powder ball at the ground to get the attention of an unruly crowd of about 350 people.
Sergio Deynes, 26, who camped out at a Best Buy in New York since Monday, said the people with him at the front of the line were “beautiful.”
“It was the people in the back who were desperate who messed things up for a lot of us,” Deynes said.
His cousin, who camped with Deynes, immediately sold his PS3 for $2,500. Deynes is keeping his, however.
“Hearing all these numbers definitely made me very conflicted,” Deynes said, but “thinking of all that I went through, I’m not getting rid of this thing ... Last night the rain messed up our tents and we got soaked and we had to sleep in the freezing cold.”

symon

Gey , most of those charging Riduclas prices for the PS3 on screwbay are charging for shipping too!

Actually if you look at the items, there are alot never having a bid! Yay, maybe people are waking the heck up! :joy:

whitey

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Yeah your right....why wouldnt you be..you seem to know everything..
or more like nothing..I know what the system retailed for..I waited in line for 12 hours to get it...At Christmas there are moron parents that are willing to pay anything so they can look like the coolest parents..so dont talk about something you know nothing about..

All I said was you didn't sell two PS2's for $1700 each. There's no reason to lie, we don't think you're any cooler when you make stuff up.
I'm simply stating a fact. I'm sorry it upsets you that I caught you stretching the truth. They were selling for no where near $1700.