Pygmy Angelfish in a 12 gallon

Would a Pygmy Angelfish be safe in a 12 gallon Reef tank? Along with an Percula clown fish, and Golden Headed Sleeper Goby?

puffer32

I had one in a 15 and had to upgrade. He was circling around and around moving like a ferris wheel on drugs.
it made me dizzy watching him. I upgraded him to 55 and he doesn't do it anymore, seems much happier.

puffer32

Originally Posted by FishyG
Go for it, it is your money.
Money has nothing to do with it, the health of the fish is what should be considered here, and a pygmy is a very active little swimmer.

m0nk

I agree a pygmy angel wouldn't be very healthy in that small of a tank. All dwarf angels really need something that's 30 gallons or larger, imo. You're pretty well maxed out as it is, you might only be able to do one really small fish in there yet if you want a third but I generally wouldn't do more than 2 fish in a 12 gallon.

fishyg

Opposed to where the pygmy angel came from ( the ocean ) it wouldnt be happy or as healthy in ANY aquarium. Thats why I say go for it it is your money. It would probably be better in a 12 gallon aquarium than a 10 gallon with 20 fish at the pet store.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Razor Vampire
Would a Pygmy Angelfish be safe in a 12 gallon Reef tank? Along with an Percula clown fish, and Golden Headed Sleeper Goby?
12 gallons is far too small for a pygmy angel. I think you are maxed with the two fish that you have. Nano tanks only hold one or two fish. They are more for invert life.

puffer32

Originally Posted by FishyG
Go for it
I disagree with you. It would be better off at the lfs until someone with a larger tank buys it.