Rarest fish /invert you own?

kjr_trig

Not super rare, but not common either
King Angel....Holacanthus passer

Arabian Angel....Pomacanthus asfur

Sargassum Trigger....Xanthichthys ringens

Red Sea Clown Tang....Acanthurus sohal

triggerfre

So so rare as they are not really seen in person by most hobbiest and not so cheap also.My newly acquired crosshatch trigger pair.

And not really brought in to the hobby much so technically rare.My 12" queen trigger!

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by happityLogan
http:///forum/post/3002638
my picasso ocellaris clown. I've never been able to find another one, only true percs, and I've never met another person who has one...
They are pretty easy to get here in so cal....I see them regularly

joe____17

I heard of Christmas tree worms but dont exactly know what they are or why they are called Christmas tree worms.

mantisman51

Wow, amazing fish. I go for the old reliables. Alot easier (though still painful) when they take the big backstroke to heaven. I know he/she isn't rare, but I am in love with my 16" snowflake. He's really growing fast.

C

coral guy

mine is my macaliceps tang got for 40 bucks . lfs worker said it was a orange spotted tang

btldreef

Wow this thread got brought back from the dead.
Okay, I'll play:
Nothing I own is super rare, but still not a lot own these guys:
Yasha Goby/Pistol Shrimp pair:

Orange Spotted Filefish - converted to frozen food

Yellow Belly Hippo Tang:

Blue Spot Jawfish:

Gold Torch:

Blue Lobophyllia:

Blue and Orange Tunicate Colony:

1guydude

is that a gold or purp gold cbs BTL???
Quote:
Wow this thread got brought back from the dead.
LOL ya it was, its like a 2yr old thread but im diggin the pics...awsome idea for a thread to b honest!

1guydude

ooo so it is lol my bad....i was thinkin about this the other day?!?!? R these creatures very safe with other inverts and stuff...? I might be upgrading my 10gal to a 20 long and i would get rid of my CBS and get a pistol combo but i wanna keep some pepps in there too? Possable? R these creatures okay w/o the goby as well? The only pistol i have found was a tiger and it was TINY! e.g. like they dont need the goby to make a burrow and such...maybe i could add the shrimp goby later?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/354715/rarest-fish-invert-you-own/40#post_3387044
ooo so it is lol my bad....i was thinkin about this the other day?!?!? R these creatures very safe with other inverts and stuff...? I might be upgrading my 10gal to a 20 long and i would get rid of my CBS and get a pistol combo but i wanna keep some pepps in there too? Possable? R these creatures okay w/o the goby as well? The only pistol i have found was a tiger and it was TINY! e.g. like they dont need the goby to make a burrow and such...maybe i could add the shrimp goby later?
If you want to keep a Pistol shrimp with other inverts, I highly recommend the one I have, which is a Randalli. it's the Red and White stripped one. It's much more peaceful than some of the others and stays slightly smaller. They're even more peaceful if they're paired up. I've kept this particular combo in a 14G with peppermint shrimp and a Pom Pom Crab and a very small Skunk Cleaner with no problems. Also kept it with a Fire Shrimp in the 14G with no issues. I actually ended up with a second Randalli Pistol in the 14G that came as a hitchhiker. He never paired with anything and I rarely saw him, but he too, never harmed a thing. I now keep the Goby/Pistol pair in a 20G with other small fish and a Fire Shrimp and Pom Pom Crab and some hermits and he's fine. If you want them to stay peaceful, add the fish. And add them at the same time. Try to find a pair that is already together, otherwise you'll need to QT them to get them to pair up. If they're no paired at purchase, get a goby that doesn't have a large enough mouth to attempt to eat the shrimp. Yellow Watchmen Gobies are known for eating pistol shrimp when they're not paired. I prefer to pair the shrimp with smaller gobies like my Yasha.

1guydude

ya the goby i was gonna get would be urs or the other one with the fin on the back lol that prob dosent help....but its another shrimp goby...its white and orange if im not mistaken.....
As far as Qt i was thinkin i could set up the 10gal as my Qt pretty easily...maybe one or two pieces of rock and some PVC...think just a HOB filter would suffice. I would put the others currently from the 10 on my new 20long...also u think $40 is a fair deal. Got it from a guy on CL, said he might be able to deliver this next weekend

LOL sry for the questions....is it easy to transfer stuff from one tank to another...im worried about getting another cycle when i do it...
btw that pic of ur filefish never gets old...u should get another since u were so succesful with keeping him e.g. mainly getting him to eat!