Recovery.

S

siptang

Hey guys,
work has officially claimed me for the holidays and I have finally gotten over my flu that has plagued me from thanksgiving holiday.
7 days a week 12-15 hour work days. Yea, I'm dreading it like it's a freaking plague.
First of all, thanks for everyone, who has been checking up on me either via threads, pm, facebook, email.
I really appreciate the all the support and love that you guys continue to give.
My fish tank.
My huma trigger died couple of weeks ago and I think it was old age. It was close to 6 years old and it was getting old and it's reflexes were getting more slower and was missing food for some odd reason so I had time to prepare for her departure...
My wrasse flipped everything around and laid dirt on everything, destroying couple of corals in the process and i have these weird algae growing on my tank, it's looking nasty. I have just done a 20g water change 2 days ago and finally cleaned my back panel of the tank and added bi color angel and coral beauty from my qt. I hope I can maintain it during the holidays...
I have been remodeling my home on my spare time, buying new furnitures and such to give new feel to my town house.
So far, I have done very well and found great deals from local big furniture place going out of business.
Spent too much money but I do what I can. We all work hard to enjoy fruits of our labor and finer things in life right?
Also slowly removing things of my son in the house and it's been killing me. I know that it's better for both me and my wife but guilt of removing my son's trace has been over whelming lately.
Please be gentle when I post up the pics tomorrow morning. It's not really pretty at the moment....

luvmyreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/388524/recovery/100#post_3441808
Hey guys,
work has officially claimed me for the holidays and I have finally gotten over my flu that has plagued me from thanksgiving holiday.
7 days a week 12-15 hour work days. Yea, I'm dreading it like it's a freaking plague.
First of all, thanks for everyone, who has been checking up on me either via threads, pm, facebook, email.
I really appreciate the all the support and love that you guys continue to give.
My fish tank.
My huma trigger died couple of weeks ago and I think it was old age. It was close to 6 years old and it was getting old and it's reflexes were getting more slower and was missing food for some odd reason so I had time to prepare for her departure...
My wrasse flipped everything around and laid dirt on everything, destroying couple of corals in the process and i have these weird algae growing on my tank, it's looking nasty. I have just done a 20g water change 2 days ago and finally cleaned my back panel of the tank and added bi color angel and coral beauty from my qt. I hope I can maintain it during the holidays...
I have been remodeling my home on my spare time, buying new furnitures and such to give new feel to my town house.
So far, I have done very well and found great deals from local big furniture place going out of business.
Spent too much money but I do what I can. We all work hard to enjoy fruits of our labor and finer things in life right?
Also slowly removing things of my son in the house and it's been killing me. I know that it's better for both me and my wife but guilt of removing my son's trace has been over whelming lately.
Please be gentle when I post up the pics tomorrow morning. It's not really pretty at the moment..
Hang in there Sip. Sorry about your loss of the trigger. How are the angels doing in the DT? It's great that they did well through the QT. But once again, We Need Pics LOL.

kiefers

I'm sure Sip is just being modest here, his system always looks good in the pics he does POST Lol.....
Glad to see ya around. The kids and wife and I are barelt getting over this flu crap. Were jusst doing good to get out of the bad. I feel 75% bettr than the wife though, shes got it pretty hard. I'm really feelin for her. I told her to pound down the gateraide, my quick cure, but she hates the stuff.
Glad to see ya back on the prowl my friend.

tirtza

Yikes....the flue is not fun. I'm slowly 'training' my husband how to take care of my tank so that if I get sick I can feel good knowing it's being taken care of. Sip I hope you feel better soon, and you too Kieth!

gemmy

Feel better soon. I can't wait to see the pics. I'm sure your tank looks good. You don't give yourself enough credit.

S

siptang

Luv - for some reason the angels are not eating yet in the DT. Hopefully they will start to.
I'm trying to get my wife to take some pics with the good camera so that they will look better then they actually are but she's unwilling lol.
Keith - Nope, not being modest at all but I do appreciate the kind words. :)
Krista - lol, thanks.

luvmyreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/388524/recovery/100#post_3442301
Luv - for some reason the angels are not eating yet in the DT. Hopefully they will start to.
I'm trying to get my wife to take some pics with the good camera so that they will look better then they actually are but she's unwilling lol.
Keith - Nope, not being modest at all but I do appreciate the kind words. :)
Krista - lol, thanks.
Are they being harrassed? Anyway, just offer them algae sheets, mysis, etc. a variety.... Hey, can you use " the good camera" lol....

S

siptang

Sorry guys, I know that I'm being a sucky jerk for not updating my thread often but please believe me when I tell you I had so much going on...
Retail store and xmas is a mix from hell and I have been working non stop for 70 hours a week, birthday and my close friend committed suicide.. My heart is very heavy because as a believer of God, my faith tells me something very disturbing and that my inability to do something about it that came to this result is very upsetting and very unnerving..
Enough about me.
Small green algae spot coming out on a BIG rock on the left (from your side). Rocks are VERY dirty and things are hanging from it.
Luv - They are somewhat being harassed but which new fish isn't? specially in a rough tank like mine?
Coral beauty is a rarely seen fish in my tank. Bi color angel now comes and accepts food. Purple tang was picking on it for a while but now she's used to my tank.

I think there may be a mantis shrimp in my tank.. my sand is shifting to one side and my rock work is being shifted without my touch.
For my birthday my wife has gotten me an LED light set and I'm finally getting rid of my canopy that both me and my wife was so attached to.
48" LED reef set up.
LEDs Count: 54
3340 Lumens
Super energy efficient 1 watt HQ LEDs
46x 10,000K LEDs
8x Actinic 460nm LEDs
Use 54 watts
It should arrive shortly after the new year and by that time, I should be able to pull myself together and clean, maintain and fix up my tank..
Wife has gotten a nice new lens set for her camera so I will tell her to hook it up for me. This light should be good for my corals right?
Once again sorry for the late updates, being a stinky jerk and all. I have never forgotten about you guys and this site.
Still kept in touch in fact with several members with facebook on my phone and through txts.

luvmyreef

You got LEDs? Cool. Not to be mean, but where is the new rock??? LOL. I hope things get better for you. Your fish are so pretty...Give them time. I had a yellow tang pick and end up killing a coral beauty years ago. I don't know why cause later on he acted like he was best friends with a pygmy angel...go figure....

S

siptang

snake - when it rains, it really pours.. Me and Jeff (DeeJeff from here) had a really rough year this year.. .
JP - I don't think so but thanks for the kind words.
luv- still in my friend's tank actually. I haven't had the time or the energy to pull the haul that it needs.
Coral beauty doesn't seem to get picked on as much but she won't come out at ALL. just swim around the back rock that she claimed as her own. :/
New updated ugly pics of my tank coming very soon.
My wife is going to use new telescopic lens that I have gotten her for xmas.
Be warned.
VERY DIRTY.

luvmyreef

Very dirty huh? Easy fix Sip. Suction off the rock and sand, restack the rock, add the new, and there ya go. It will probably eliminate any territorial issues you might be having too. Hang in there! Things take time...my friend.....I know......:)

S

siptang

suctioning the rocks... I suck at doing that.. i tried countless times actually. I might have to brush it off after taking it out. Hopefully I can get around to it in early January.

luvmyreef

Just use some hose, get it started, and go over the rocks. I do it all the time. Take your time, and use a smaller hose so that you can go slow and not suck up as much water. It's like anything else, once you start it gets better, the real torture is thinking about it lol.

S

siptang

LMBO. yea it is a torture thinking about it...
I'm replacing my broken jbj crappo uv sterilizer and with
Canister filter system
(three filter system)
Flow Rate: 700 gph (Recommended for 75 to 120gal aquarium)
Unit Dimension: 11.50" Diameter x 20.00" Height
Extra large filtration capacity
Integrated UV 9W Sterilizer
Suitable for freshwater and marine