Recovery.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerth6932 http:///t/388524/recovery/40#post_3431425
I have never heard anything good come of the quick cures when it comes to diseases for fish. Corals are usually a lot easier! That's why i focus a lot of my tank time on the corals, they make nice "decor"
and they eat lots less! hahaha well maybe some of them.

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerth6932 http:///t/388524/recovery/40#post_3431425
I have never heard anything good come of the quick cures when it comes to diseases for fish. Corals are usually a lot easier! That's why i focus a lot of my tank time on the corals, they make nice "decor"
Nice Jerth, Nice. lol
Siptang - People chase their dream tanks the entire time they are in the hobby. Eventually, everything will just "click." Trust me. :D

tirtza

You are so right Snake, I think chasing your dream tank is why this is called a 'hobby' it's not just acquiring a few pets that live in water :) I'm learning that it's something that's always evolving. I think Flower described a personal tank as a piece of art that represents you....that comparison totally clicked and now I love to think of it that way :)

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/388524/recovery/40#post_3430784
Qt'g a coral is the same as qt'ing your fish friends. We have the "CCU" (Coral Containment Unit) Lol. Pending on the type of coral, we merely temp acclimate and set it in the tank for 4-6 weeks. Now if the coral is something stony, we merely do the dip and rinse off several times in hoping the old water is flushed out. Our Anemone we have in the q.t because it's full of water, a clam would go into the QT.
This morning I added in my 2nd clown from the fish QT and he (MOJO) is totally tripping over the corals in my tank.
Back to this tank thing. What does Siptang want his tank to look like? I could give you ideas but those are my ideas and maybe you might like them Lol...
This may sound rather on the weird side but personally, I believe a tank represents you. The aqua-scape, types of corals, and fish. With that said my tank for example has different types of corals, some soft some stonies. It doesn't have to be in any specific order although order makes the design and personally, I see myself getting bored with my scaping from time to time and change it around every six months or so.
If you would like some ideas here they are...
1) more live rock, maybe in the middle of the tank. Add some height, caves and crevices somewhere the fish could swim in and around. With this you could add a few cliffs (flat pieces) to put some coral on. In my tank I have a montipora glues to the over flow box, will PM a new pic and new coral too). Maybe some more L.R or dry rock in the back corners.
what I did was make a drawing of my tank and scribble in a few ideas and tried to make that picture happen.
2) get some Xenia's, be careful tho because they spread like wild fire. One of my first corals was the green star polyps. They are bright, flow nicely and spread where you want them to.
3) neon candy canes and acons make beautiful additions.
Those are just some of my thoughts Richard, good luck and let me know if you need any more ideas, although I'm sure your going to get alot of other great thoughts too.
P.S. look in the Dictionary on what Wrasse means Lol..... you'll get a kick out of it. bwahahahaha
This doesn't sound like flower to me...... HMMMMMMMMM
although, I could see her agreeing, or Traveler "strongly" agreeing Lol.....

rainbow grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirtza http:///t/388524/recovery/40#post_3431430
I'm a total newbie (so perhaps I shouldn't be giving advice), but red macro algae really added some color to my tank. It's cheap and seems like it's pretty easy to keep :) Having lots of caves looks really interesting (just be prepared to hardly ever see your shrimp) My peppermints and cleaner have decided the cave belongs to them. I'm really sorry to hear about your angels :(
Just because your a newb doesn't mean you shouldn't give advice you may have experience in an area that no one else here does.

S

siptang

Hey guys, wow I have been gone for a day and so many of you stopped by to offer advises and thoughts!
Thank you so much!
I have then added couple of more pieces of corals and more pictures will be coming up shortly as soon as my wife gets to it. (I'm hoping by tonight, I will have them ready)

S

siptang

Huge update coming.
I have received some frags from a friend and I have also made some purchases and now my tank screams with COLOR!
I love it!!!
Rocks coming in next week. I'm just making sure his ammonia and nitrite and nitrate go down to 0 before I mess with anything.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/388524/recovery/60#post_3433205
Huge update coming.
I have received some frags from a friend and I have also made some purchases and now my tank screams with COLOR!
I love it!!!
Rocks coming in next week. I'm just making sure his ammonia and nitrite and nitrate go down to 0 before I mess with anything.
Geesh Siptang..... nothing like a little tank teasing for the masses following. Bad form.

S

siptang

mass of people which consists of couple of people which includes me lol.
I was very excited after setting up my tank yesterday and am very eager to share with you guys once they fully open up today. (wife is there to take some pictures for me today lol)
added
pulsing xenia (that's actually doing well)
green star polyp rock (huge chunk)
1 devils finger leather
1 leather tree
1 Cauliflower Colt Coral
1 Huge chunk of galaxy coral
1 Torch coral
Pics coming soon. Sorry for the tease Keith.

This is why I love this hobby, our little slice of ocean vibrant with awesome colors.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/388524/recovery/60#post_3433218
mass of people which consists of couple of people which includes me lol.
I was very excited after setting up my tank yesterday and am very eager to share with you guys once they fully open up today. (wife is there to take some pictures for me today lol)
added
pulsing xenia (that's actually doing well)
green star polyp rock (huge chunk)
1 devils finger leather
1 leather tree
1 Cauliflower Colt Coral
1 Huge chunk of galaxy coral
1 Torch coral
Pics coming soon. Sorry for the tease Keith.

This is why I love this hobby, our little slice of ocean vibrant with awesome colors.
LOL!! Those corals are going look amazing in your "slice of ocean" my friend. They are going to add alot of movement and depth too (in my opinion). Can't waite to see the pics!
Oh.... and for the record.... 136 days 12 hours and 10 minutes til Florida!!! BWHAHAHA

S

siptang

For now, let's say that I will see you up there buddy. :)
If anything were to happen, i will let you know in advance.
Which parks are you hitting up again? Just Disney or Universal and island of adventure as well? (World of Harry Potter is awesome btw).

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/388524/recovery/60#post_3433237
For now, let's say that I will see you up there buddy. :)
If anything were to happen, i will let you know in advance.
Which parks are you hitting up again? Just Disney or Universal and island of adventure as well? (World of Harry Potter is awesome btw).
Sounds fun!
Oh my gosh.... Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, of coarse, Animal Kingdom, MGM. Plan on going stupid. The wife two kids, the wifes cousin and her daughter, and me.
Just Disney this time, and the in-laws for a couple of days.
How far do live live from there?

S

siptang

I have 450w mh with 98w power compact with blue led strip.