Recovery.

snakeblitz33

pfft. It's all good man. You'll never know if you don't try! Heck, I know I'de vote for those pics. I think a couple of em' could even replace the pics on SWF.com
I wish I had a camera half as good as yours. I'm jealous. Someday, someday...

S

siptang

Lol, now your getting my head big.
Alright, I will enter for November.

kiefers

Siptang........ You have an awesome tank with awesome critters! sorry about your current delima though. I know you'll fix those little beauty's and get them going again!!

travelerjp98

I have to say, siptang, those are some beautiful fish you have. Very nice tank... and tell your wife that she did a great job on the photography.

S

siptang

keith - thanks, they are taking all my time at home and wife isn't really happy about it lol. (she understands though how much these fish mean to me)
jp - thanks buddy, i relayed the message to my wife and she said thank you as well!

S

siptang

Well, if you look at your own, you will always find a flaw that you want to fix. (grass always does seem more greener on the other side is it not? )
I want a better reef tank. I hope that my wrasse wasn't a such a prick to knock everything down and over and under and bury everything. I wish I can get xenia to thrive instead of keep dying. I wish I can maintain some cool corals... (never had a good luck on those..)
Well... I'm going to buy some more leather and a short colts tomorrow. I seem to do ok with those lol.
How should I qt them? Jeff was telling me about dipping them but I haven't done that yet and still a novice in that so far...

gemmy

I have some xenia that is pretty tough. If you want some, I can send it. I could not keep the stuff alive in my tank, until I got this xenia from a friend that was taking down his tank. It started as one piece and it just keeps growing.

S

siptang

krista - I wouldn't mind frags but it would cost you too much money to send it. I live all the way down in So.FL.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/388524/recovery/40#post_3430590
Well, if you look at your own, you will always find a flaw that you want to fix. (grass always does seem more greener on the other side is it not? )
I want a better reef tank. I hope that my wrasse wasn't a such a prick to knock everything down and over and under and bury everything. I wish I can get xenia to thrive instead of keep dying. I wish I can maintain some cool corals... (never had a good luck on those..)
Well... I'm going to buy some more leather and a short colts tomorrow. I seem to do ok with those lol.
How should I qt them? Jeff was telling me about dipping them but I haven't done that yet and still a novice in that so far...
Qt'g a coral is the same as qt'ing your fish friends. We have the "CCU" (Coral Containment Unit) Lol. Pending on the type of coral, we merely temp acclimate and set it in the tank for 4-6 weeks. Now if the coral is something stony, we merely do the dip and rinse off several times in hoping the old water is flushed out. Our Anemone we have in the q.t because it's full of water, a clam would go into the QT.
This morning I added in my 2nd clown from the fish QT and he (MOJO) is totally tripping over the corals in my tank.
Back to this tank thing. What does Siptang want his tank to look like? I could give you ideas but those are my ideas and maybe you might like them Lol...
This may sound rather on the weird side but personally, I believe a tank represents you. The aqua-scape, types of corals, and fish. With that said my tank for example has different types of corals, some soft some stonies. It doesn't have to be in any specific order although order makes the design and personally, I see myself getting bored with my scaping from time to time and change it around every six months or so.
If you would like some ideas here they are...
1) more live rock, maybe in the middle of the tank. Add some height, caves and crevices somewhere the fish could swim in and around. With this you could add a few cliffs (flat pieces) to put some coral on. In my tank I have a montipora glues to the over flow box, will PM a new pic and new coral too). Maybe some more L.R or dry rock in the back corners.
what I did was make a drawing of my tank and scribble in a few ideas and tried to make that picture happen.
2) get some Xenia's, be careful tho because they spread like wild fire. One of my first corals was the green star polyps. They are bright, flow nicely and spread where you want them to.
3) neon candy canes and acons make beautiful additions.
Those are just some of my thoughts Richard, good luck and let me know if you need any more ideas, although I'm sure your going to get alot of other great thoughts too.
P.S. look in the Dictionary on what Wrasse means Lol..... you'll get a kick out of it. bwahahahaha

tirtza

Siptang - I agree, the grass is always greener.....I just started my first SW tank only 3 months ago. It's only 30 gallons, and at the LFS today I found myself staring at all of the gorgeous fish I'll never be able to put in such a small tank. I'm already fantasizing about my next tank (which I want I'd like to be at least 150 gallons)...this I'll obviously have to wait a few years for before I'll have enough experience and cash to invest in it... :)

S

siptang

Keith - thanks for the all the advices, I actually went out yesterday and purchased big chunk of green star polyps so that I can try one more time..
Also bought, three new leather pieces that's somewhat different from others. I will also try some more xenias later if I can find some good deal on those. (Big piece so that I can't possibly kill it. Well let me rephrase that, that my wrasse won't destroy) Candy cane, found some yesterday but they were asking for some crazy prices for frags so I will wait on those.
On the topic of liverock, I will be removing the center piece that creates a little cave-ish environment and will be replacing with several long big rocks so make a caves and cliff like effect that you spoke of. (my friend who's curing 300 pounds of live rock told me that i can take as much as I want)
That mushroom looks nice! I was actually contemplating on getting a huge toadstool yesterday after looking at your picture.
My angels didn't make it. Water parameter was perfect, treatment was going good... they were eating well... sigh...
I'm just going to try to concentrate on corals. Maybe I will have better luck with them.

kiefers

sorry to hear about your Angels. They don't fare well in hypo, I know. What mushroom? You mean this? This is a Turbinaria plate? This is a hard coral that really throws out a lot of color. I googled it last
night and studied up some more and wow, they really look cool once they take off.

S

siptang

Wow, that's a really a beauty and I likes it!
Funny thing is that they weren't in a hypo. I was going to do it eventually but not drastically. My salt stays around 1.026 and I had gotten it down to 1.024 and dosed with quick cure.
:/ wife is very upset.

jerth6932

I have never heard anything good come of the quick cures when it comes to diseases for fish. Corals are usually a lot easier! That's why i focus a lot of my tank time on the corals, they make nice "decor"

tirtza

I'm a total newbie (so perhaps I shouldn't be giving advice), but red macro algae really added some color to my tank. It's cheap and seems like it's pretty easy to keep :) Having lots of caves looks really interesting (just be prepared to hardly ever see your shrimp) My peppermints and cleaner have decided the cave belongs to them. I'm really sorry to hear about your angels :(

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerth6932 http:///t/388524/recovery/40#post_3431425
I have never heard anything good come of the quick cures when it comes to diseases for fish. Corals are usually a lot easier! That's why i focus a lot of my tank time on the corals, they make nice "decor"
and they eat lots less! hahaha well maybe some of them.