Recovery.

S

siptang

Mini update.
I traded my green fuzzy mushroom rock for a rbta from a member of my reef club.
Had it for little more then two weeks and just last night my baby clowns decided to host it. My wife was so excited and in her own words, "it's crazy cool". I agree lol.
Sorry for the fuzzy phone picture.
I'm waiting for couple of more corals to update.
Things to come.
-strawberry short cake acropora frag.
- tri color stag
-sunset montipora

meowzer

WOW...congrats.....I still find it sad that I have 2...NOT ONE......but 2...very large RBTA's in the same corner that my clowns live....and they like the freakin filter tubes

S

siptang

Honestly, I wanted a bulb type of anenome because that's what wife wanted but this one is cool too.
I noticed that it's only one fish that's hosting it.. I want both of them to do it darn it...
Lois - what my friend did was to catch his clowns stick them together on a 5gal bucket with small pump to aerate the surface and let them sit there for an hour while he was doing water change and it worked out and he has done this numerous times and sold them as pairs.
He splits his rbtas once a month and sells them on line and he gets clown fish from clown fish farm down in Miami and pairs them together.

WOW...congrats.....I still find it sad that I have 2...NOT ONE......but 2...very large RBTA's in the same corner that my clowns live....and they like the freakin filter tubes:bw:
+1 I HAVE 4 CLOWNS AND 3 NEMS! ONE OF MY B&W WHITE PAIR HAS BEEN HOSTED IN EACH NEM BEFORE FOR A COUPLE MINUTES, BUT HE HASNT BEEN IN SINCE.....MAKES ME SOOOOO MAD. I hate how mine don't host.

Awesome!! I want that real estate in my place whew.
Ha! I want some of your sps! They are too dang expensive for me! I also envy your clowns getting hosted....

sweat90lx

Im jealous.

One of my clowns likes my magfloat a little too much. I keep it on the same side of the tank but in a different spot every night. My tank is way too young for a nem too.
Always great to see inspiration and Ill get there one day

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat90lx http:///t/388524/recovery/340#post_3483721
Im jealous.

One of my clowns likes my magfloat a little too much. I keep it on the same side of the tank but in a different spot every night. My tank is way too young for a nem too.
Always great to see inspiration and Ill get there one day
LOL...I had clowns and anemones for years...I had one host, the rest liked the intake and ouput tubes of my filters better.

S

siptang

Another mini update
I got these corals from Rogger from Rogger's reef food. Good thing about living in SoFL is that you see all the people that makes these products for us reefers (Julian Sprung, Rogger, *********** vp, Tony Vargas and many others) and I certainly learned alot from them. I got my center piece from him yesterday for $20 Nuclear green Samoensis acropora 6" across and ORA garf bansai colony for $20 and little ricordia for wifey for $10 and yellow torque(?) frag for free yesterday.
Picture from his tank before moved to my tank.

S

siptang

For $20, it's was a steal.
I'm going back tomorrow to pick up few more coral frags and inverts.

S

siptang

Pah, it's no where as near as good as you and your wife's Keith but thank you. I'm really going all in these days and it makes me feel good to see it coming all together.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siptang http:///t/388524/recovery/340#post_3484072
Pah, it's no where as near as good as you and your wife's Keith but thank you. I'm really going all in these days and it makes me feel good to see it coming all together.
Lol..... you haven't seen my set up for some time now have you? Lol.....
Your tank is twice as nice. But thank you........
your welcome keith!