return pump placement/

sharkbait9

Hey Puf Puf. Did you build your "power center" your self? I like it. It looks nice and organized and easy to use when doing water changes and other service to that tank/sump.
Got any other pics of that system.
Right now I use the shock buster outlets on my tanks but would like to copy your set up.
Is your outlet system fitted with a plug on the end or hard wired right to your breaker box?

acrylic51

Originally Posted by FishStix4u
also the camera is new... just getting the hang of the settings and im not real impressed some times and others i am thrilled with... its a fuji finepix S5100... its late so my lights are winding down and i couldnt quite get it right tonight with the pics ill work on better ones.. got some hazy borders and blured spots and some are too dark and some where to light... i only took about 30 with the new camera so ill get it right when i have more time to read the novel for a manual and practice but thanks for all your help!
Jay
Hey FishStix4u, that's the same camera I use....I never read the instructions for the thing has to many settings and gadgets for my simple mind.....Someday I should read the book to get full use of the camera......

fishstix4u

ya well your pics come out better than mine so what the heck are you doing right! i got some great ones but not that often and when i do i never remember what i did to get them great! shawn.. my skimmer is not working like it used to and im sick of cleaning it ever 4 days... if you know of a good used skimmer let me know i'm in the off season and scraping by and x mas and my annavery and my birthday are all in the next 3 months (my money buys my present from the wife) currently a seaclone by aquarium systems.. Eb-y for 25 bucks shipped i think.. it was real cheap.. im having a bad nitrate problem now after the cloudy spell... open to all help and suggestions as always, actually anything you think i need to change or do is welcomed! still trying to learn and absorb all knowledge... thanks again.
and i have pics some where on here of it.. (power center) i didnt personally do it the guy i got it from did it.. but its fairly basic and can gladly draw up a schimatic for you and help ya out. by ocupation i am certified in all aspects of construction. so if you need some help let me know.. and heres another pic for ya!

acrylic51

As far as the camera goes....I just leave mine set on auto and haven't had any issues with pics....I've tried changing the setting for like action shots and stuff, and it's usually yellow....Like I said I haven't read the book, and probably there are other settings I should be adjusting as well when I adjust the main settings to use it properly.
For skimmers I'm going to go with the "ole faithful" and recommend an ASM

sharkbait9

ya well your pics come out better than mine so what the heck are you doing right! i got some great ones but not that often and when i do i never remember what i did to get them great! shawn.. my skimmer is not working like it used to and im sick of cleaning it ever 4 days... if you know of a good used skimmer let me know i'm in the off season and scraping by and x mas and my annavery and my birthday are all in the next 3 months (my money buys my present from the wife) currently a seaclone by aquarium systems.. Eb-y for 25 bucks shipped i think.. it was real cheap.. im having a bad nitrate problem now after the cloudy spell... open to all help and suggestions as always, actually anything you think i need to change or do is welcomed! still trying to learn and absorb all knowledge... thanks again.
and i have pics some where on here of it.. (power center) i didnt personally do it the guy i got it from did it.. but its fairly basic and can gladly draw up a schimatic for you and help ya out. by ocupation i am certified in all aspects of construction. so if you need some help let me know.. and heres another pic for ya!

What’s the main line used to the box? Is each box connected /jumped or plug in? Armor cable or what?
The schematic I have drawn out is pretty much like yours with a few different options. The gang box I am making now is single outlets with plug in timers for the lights, a two outlet gang box with separate on/off switch for sump pump and skimmer. and a 5 outlet gang box for constant running power.
I just have to figure out if I want to jump all the gang box’s together with one outlet plug or make each box a separate entity

fishstix4u

one cord with one plug is where my juice comes from i have nothing that sucks that much current up.. all is fine off one cord for me... all are protected by gfci. conduit conections between boxes for wires.. anything else i can help youwith ?

sharkbait9

one cord with one plug is where my juice comes from i have nothing that sucks that much current up.. all is fine off one cord for me... all are protected by gfci. conduit conections between boxes for wires.. anything else i can help youwith ?
So if I understand you correctly. You have one plug that goes into the a wall outlet feeding those boxes? Not that “I” my self find that to be a problem considering I run 13 outlets all occupied. Some on timers and some are constantly running juice thru them. I just want to know what gage wire and type wires are running to each box.
I just like the neatness of the set up and the ease of use that it seems to give the hobbyist.

fishstix4u

12/3 and the draw from a power head is low, the draw from my t-5's are low, the draw from my heater is low but it never kicks on, the draw from my return pump is moderate but well with in the parameters of what it can handle... so its all good...