Rich people and biggots always vote Republican

aquaknight

Call me closed minded, but I can't remember being around people went they use WIC/food stamps or get them, or even how the system works. But could these be state-to-state differences, or is this a stricty federal thing?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2797034
Call me closed minded, but I can't remember being around people went they use WIC/food stamps or get them, or even how the system works. But could these be state-to-state differences, or is this a stricty federal thing?

its federal. just look for the card. they started issuing electronic cards so they didnt have to use paper any more and can electronicly transfer money saves time and paper.
they also changed over to avoid the "foodstamp stigma" obviously not everyone on foodstamps is a POS but often people were being treated less than courteous for using foodstamps, now it operates like a debit card.

hlcroghan

I agree with you reef. There are many out there who abuse the system. I will tell you that most of them do eventually get caught. They sometimes even go to prison. There are even state workers who try to cheat the system. They really get nailed.........lol. I will tell you from the standpoint of someone who issues the benefits, that many more people are using it instead of abusing it. Just trying to ease your mind a bit. And if you see fraud, like someone selling their stamps for money, please report it. It is a federal crime and they are stealing from you and me and all the other taxpayers.
Another can of worms..............how about the illegal citizens who use their own kids *** numbers to work.............nice huh?? I have caught a couple of those ones...........lol.

oscardeuce

Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid
http:///forum/post/2796711
ReefRaff, you may disagree with everything I say...
But one thing I will agree with you on, is that you have the best avatar of all time. That clownfish's face is priceless...
Welcome back Clem,
You gonna answer any of my questions?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2797292
Another can of worms..............how about the illegal citizens who use their own kids *** numbers to work.............nice huh?? I have caught a couple of those ones...........lol.
That I don't have nearly a problem with. They are working.

hlcroghan

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2797627
That I don't have nearly a problem with. They are working.
Yeah but then that child grows up and his *** has already been used. It is extremely illegal, dishonest, and I am happy when they get caught.....:) It basically ruins the child's chances to have any type of security. Then if they have any problems like child support, jail, or anything legal, it goes on the child's record. It messes up their retirement, etc.................Most illegal citizens are working too but they don't pay taxes. I am happy about people wanting better lives as long as they do it the right way. They government will issue you a tax ID number to pay taxes with. Why do you have to

[hr]
your own child over? You think this is okay?

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2797725
Yeah but then that child grows up and his *** has already been used. It is extremely illegal, dishonest, and I am happy when they get caught.....:) It basically ruins the child's chances to have any type of security. Then if they have any problems like child support, jail, or anything legal, it goes on the child's record. It messes up their retirement, etc.................Most illegal citizens are working too but they don't pay taxes. I am happy about people wanting better lives as long as they do it the right way. They government will issue you a tax ID number to pay taxes with. Why do you have to

[hr]
your own child over? You think this is okay?
But
1. they are working.
2. All that may suck, but if your kid isn't eating, it isn't going to make a difference...
Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't do that. But look at the alternative. Think about where they came from. Here poverty means driving an old honda, and window units. In mexico, poverty means you literally are starving. So if it means that they do something ileagal like using their kids *** to actually work to feed that kid, send $ back to feed other starving people in mexico. Then I don't have a MAJOR problem with someone doing what it takes to work.

hlcroghan

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2797733
But
1. they are working.
2. All that may suck, but if your kid isn't eating, it isn't going to make a difference...
That is the problem right there. You gotta feed the family. Like I said the government issues ID's to pay taxes. There are many who work doing construction or have their own businesses, that do not have a green card, that pay taxes. I just really wish they wouldn't use their own children's or anyone else's for that matter.
It is one of the major problems with our economy that the people are working here and sending money THERE. They are not spending it in the country they make it in. It is a big contributer to our economic problems. I don't think there is any malice intended but it is not helping to feed my family.

triga22

Instead of spending 17 hours reading every post I will post why I am a Republican.
I am not willing to spread my hard earned dollars around. I shouldnt have to pay for people to sit around all day while I went to school, went to college, and got a job. I work hard everyday for money, I shouldnt throw it away to people who didnt make the right choices. Im not throwing my money away to a 18 year old with three kids with the different parents and does drugs. TO BAD!

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2797742
That is the problem right there. You gotta feed the family. Like I said the government issues ID's to pay taxes. There are many who work doing construction or have their own businesses, that do not have a green card, that pay taxes. I just really wish they wouldn't use their own children's or anyone else's for that matter.
It is one of the major problems with our economy that the people are working here and sending money THERE. They are not spending it in the country they make it in. It is a big contributer to our economic problems. I don't think there is any malice intended but it is not helping to feed my family.
I really wish, they wouldn't be in a position where they feel they have too...
Last I checked if I remember right it was about 10 billion dollars. In a 13 trillion dollar economy it isn't a drop in the bucket. We as a government spend billions of dollars doing just that in places like africa. I have a lot of respect for the selflessness of someone making 6-10 dollars an hour sending $ back home to feed their kids, parents ect.