Ricordia frag time is near!

spiderwoman

Do you still have some? I'm getting better lighting next week and would like a nice colorful collection of your ricordias.

flricordia

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2506291
Do you still have some? I'm getting better lighting next week and would like a nice colorful collection of your ricordias.
Yes. Hopefully shouldn't be too much longer before this crappy cold is gone either. Be glad when we change time. Winter time is depressing.

flricordia

Still have small for $10 (frags), med (grown-out frags) for $15 and large (full rics, some multi-mouths) for $25.
Have orange of different tones, rainbow different colors, pink, gold, purple/blue, green.
Shipping is the same no matter the zip.
It is $15 for 2-3 day USPS, $28 for USPS Express and UPS overnight is $38. This includes thermos, heatpack and insulation. A thermos will hold approx. 10small, 8 med or 5 large (crowded but will ship OK). Extra thermos and shipping weight is $10 more.

quakstar

Hey I was just wondering would you be willing to post some pictures of your Ricordia Propagation tank just would love to see what your set up looks like

flricordia

Originally Posted by Quakstar
http:///forum/post/2509794
Hey I was just wondering would you be willing to post some pictures of your Ricordia Propagation tank just would love to see what your set up looks like

Still in the early-stages
Drilling tanks

Stand building

Up and running

What a mess!

The brain

Livestock

quakstar

Wow!!! wonderful setup!!! I am working on getting a 24x24x12 rimless tank with a 250 14k mh setup for a ricordia farm I have something now like 40 ricordias in a section of my main tank that I am calling a farm but not quite what i want. So i am going to run the new tank on the other side of my DT and run them both off of the same Refugium and sump just to make it a little easier But again wonderful setup
and great rics i Got from you to add to my farm

flricordia

Originally Posted by Quakstar
http:///forum/post/2509857
also do you cut or allow natural division
Both. If I have only a few of a certain odd-ball color I will cut them and to make small frags I cut them and let them grow out. Really though I find that letting them divide on their own yields a larger ric in a much faster time frame.

flricordia

And let me stress the importance of iodine for ricordea. Personally I have always used Kent's iodine, sold here on SWF BTW, at 4-8 drops per day per 50gls. I have used it since I started reef keeping back in the early 90s and have stopped using it for short periods just to see the effects and it does make a difference. Try using it for a couple months time, then stop and see the difference in your corals. Ricordea do not open as large and begin to look pale compared to using it daily.
And it is a great healer after fragging corals. If I am fragging I will wait untill I am finished before adding iodine.

55galgill

Hey FLricordia do you have any left? im interested in buying a few. if there are some left what colors/combos do you have? i could PP you the money asap

acroshark

hi FLRIC im interested in purchasing some of your frags(if any are available)! could you please post what you have to sell and the prices! thanks

flricordia

Here are some pics to show what colors I have. I can not take requests for individual polyps in these pics. Most of them are going into a ricordea only display once I get it in, but there are many not shown here. This is just for an idea as to colors.
Small are $10, med are $15 and large/jumbo are $25. Sorry that I am limiting the number you can get at one time but I don't want to sell all I have. I would like everyone who would like some to get a chance at them and since it is still very cold in alot of places it will still be awile before those living in these areas get a chance at them.
The limit is 1 thermos per order which will hold up to 10 small, 7-8 med or 5 large.
Shipping is the same no matter the zip. It is $15 for 2-3 day (only if you are not in freezing temps), $28 USPS Express (if it commits to you from me-32572), UPS overnight $38. This includes heatpack, thermos, insulation and boxing.
I can take paypal, MO or trades for zoas/palys.

acroshark

how far away are you from miami FLRIC? i am goin to be in miami next weekend (i thnk its the 22nd or 23rd March) so maybe i can come pick a few pieces up if its not too far? otherwise i shall wait till the temps warm up abit so you can ship!

flricordia

Originally Posted by AcroShark
http:///forum/post/2515724
how far away are you from miami FLRIC? i am goin to be in miami next weekend (i thnk its the 22nd or 23rd March) so maybe i can come pick a few pieces up if its not too far? otherwise i shall wait till the temps warm up abit so you can ship!
A long ways. I can get to the Smokey Mnts faster than I can get to Miami. I am in the panhandle. Best to wait till the weather warms and ship.