Rnc

hlcroghan

I actually liked all the speeches from this night's events. I watched most of it while I was at the gym and was rather impressed. I don't change my vote normally because of speeches because it really doesn't tell me how they will be in office but it was nice to see some well put together arguments.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2747389
I actually liked all the speeches from this night's events. I watched most of it while I was at the gym and was rather impressed. I don't change my vote normally because of speeches because it really doesn't tell me how they will be in office but it was nice to see some well put together arguments.
That is all I ask. One of the reasons I'm in my corner is because I feel like the conservative movement puts together an excellent argument, (when they actually do) and liberalism doesn't. I'm a junky when it comes to news print and cable. And almost never hear good arguments regarding leftists positions. All I really hear is the same positions regurgitated and repackaged with a different bow on top. Or nutcases like pelosi, reed and al gore. For example if you watch inconvenient truth. There isn't a good argument in that entire movie. It is all sensationalised slivers. It would be like me saying geography majors make millions. Then me pointing out Michael Jordan as proof.
Many times what I see in support of a liberal idea, is anecdotal at best. What they love to do is take one example that fits their argument, and imply that an isolated incident is a common place.

But that is my honest to goodness thoughts.

reefraff

Originally Posted by reefreak29
http:///forum/post/2747359
all obama did was attack republicans . he had a woderful speach thuogh , talked about all these incredible things that he will do without telling us how
I wondered if anyone else noticed the hypocrisy shown by the Dems and their pathetic supporters in the media when they were saying Palins speech was too negative.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2747554
I wondered if anyone else noticed the hypocrisy shown by the Dems and their pathetic supporters in the media when they were saying Palins speech was too negative.

By accident I was on CNN after McCains speech, I was about ready to throw stuff at the TV listening to those biased idiots, one of the idiots said McCain's speech was the worst ever at a convention....I forget which idiot that was, but it just doesn't matter.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2747554

Oh the difference is they are just doing the work that mccain should have done in the vetting process...

hlcroghan

i didn't see that! that is just silly......definitely not the worst ever........sheesh. to me these speeches are a lot of lip service anyway. very rarely do any politicians do what they promise before they get elected anyway. i think they go into it with best intentions, but we all know what Julius thinks about best intentions.........Allow me to retort........

salty blues

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2747223
Overall, dems speeches had a plan....
Well if you can find out what the "plan" is, you might want to tell Obama. So far, the most I have heard from him is the decades old Democrat Party line of how terrible and awful everything is and how the government knows what is best for us all.
I hear Russia is looking for a few good comrades to help rebuild their empire. Maybe Obama should check for a good opening over there.

chilwil84

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2747211
Your checks seem to be missing the key issues people are concerned about.

pretty sure energy independence is one of the highest and the stuff about controlling spending and taxes and the top ones for the republican base which he is trying to secure.

reefraff

You should have seen Obus stumbling over his answer to O'reillys question about the surge. Obama refuses to admit he was wrong when he said the surge wouldn't work. He better have done a lot better in the rest of that interview.

yearofthenick

I'm just tired of having my back scratched by Obama. When asked questions, he generally widdles his way out of it by saying something flowery like "I believe the american people can overcome this energy crisis. All we need to do is work together for the common good blah blah blah."
I want some EFFing answers!
Warren: What are your views on abortion?
Obama: That kind of decision is above my pay rate.
**YearOfTheNick just removed his last comment. Sorry for the crude-ness**

acrylics

Conventions are not about substance, whether they are democrat or republican. They are about the Rah Rah factor; to get their own party to rally around the chosen candidate and no other purpose whatsoever.
Economies don't need "fixing" by governments as a generality. They go in cycles, always have, always will. We, as a nation, had a booming period, time to take a break from it or else inflation will eat us up. A mild recession is good for the economy as a whole, brings growth down so prices will ease which will in turn stimulate growth, but it takes time. There will be some hard times for some, it's just life. Sounds harsh but that is the reality of it. Learn a new skill, move to where there is work, whatever, just don't sit there and complain that someone else isn't doing enough for you, that's your job.
IMO what needs fixing in government is the same as what needs fixing in most homes; accountability and spending. A balanced budget amendment would be a welcomed addition to me but no one wants to talk about it on a public level.
Very few people are in situations that they, themselves, did not get themselves into or cannot get themselves out of, yet refuse to be accountable for that and look to gov't to bail them out. Whether it be corporate welfare or personal welfare, it's usually very much the same situation; someone acted recklessly and wants someone else to take responsibility. To me, it is a sickness in the American culture and needs to be addressed as such.
When folks are in a good place, the status quo is just fine, because they are in a good place. When folks are not in a good place - they cry for change even though the reason they're not in a good place is (usually) their own fault and they have the power to get themselves out of it - just not the initiative, which again - is not the government's responsibility, it's yours.
No government policy is going to improve the quality of your life, that is entirely up to you. OTOH, governmental policy routinely destroys the quality of life for many, on many levels.
/soapbox
If it matters, I'm neither republican nor democrat, they both sicken me. They both run on diametrically opposed platforms for no other reason to be diametrically opposed, this is not a logical response to any situation and the hypocrisy therein is astounding. Most folks are somewhere in the middle with certain tangential beliefs that can/will reach into both extremes.