Salt Mixes.....What are you using????

snakeblitz33

I'm switching from Seachem Reef Salt ($54/160g mix) to Saltwater Correct ($70/160g mix) in a few months. I am starting to buy all of my bulk reef supplies from there, so I mise well go ahead and order my salt from there as well. Might start getting discounts. lol!
I'll start posting my results as soon as I can get a batch in to test. :D
I think it pretty much goes without saying that the more you pay, the better the quality of salt. LOL!

florida joe

well just checked out a LFS in Ft Myers they have the 225 g mix in stock for $89. will pic it up on sat and give it a try

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/388072/salt-mixes-what-are-you-using/160#post_3424239
I'm switching from Seachem Reef Salt ($54/160g mix) to Saltwater Correct ($70/160g mix) in a few months. I am starting to buy all of my bulk reef supplies from there, so I mise well go ahead and order my salt from there as well. Might start getting discounts. lol!
I'll start posting my results as soon as I can get a batch in to test. :D
I think it pretty much goes without saying that the more you pay, the better the quality of salt. LOL!
where are you ordering from?

florida joe

Picked up my salinity today I will do my first water change with it tomorrow. My usual water change consisted of 10g a week. I may go to 20g every two weeks with the new salt. I will have to give it some more thought.

florida joe

Mixed my first 12g batch, calculations for salt to water ratio was spot on. Lois after few hours the water cleared up.

btldreef

Supposedly the extra potassium in the mix makes the water a little cloudy when mixing. But, it is also attributed to better colors on corals.
Just as a side note, if you have any cuts on your hand, WEAR GLOVES, potassium burns.

meowzer

WHY OH WHY...DO I have issues with EVERYTHING I use

I was thinking about doing a 2nd w/c tomorrow....ONLY because I am having the algae issues.....BUT I just ordered some Chemi-clean....SO now I am not sure if I should wait or not