Saltn00b's Multi-Phase Upgrade Diary!

saltn00b

yea its called Ick Attack. it did work 2 years ago, when the tank was only a 75. the tank never ran fishless and i every fish was QT since and it never showed up until now. a few factors combined, made for its grand return. 1, the Anthias causing stress for all fish, old and new, and especially targeting certain species over others. 2, misjudging Wrasses and their immune systems. It is still a light case and no other fish have signs. fingers are crossed.
in the mean time, i NEED to get rid of that anthias, still the bane of my existence , which will now be the only un-diseased fish and is taking up my urgently needed QT tank!!

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by saltn00b
6500 and a 3k may make your tank very red, i was told to go with one or the other.
let me know how it works out!
Between the actinic and the 3000k bulb it did cast kind of a redish hue over the rocks. I think I'm going to pull out the 3000k and 1 of the blue+'s and replace both with aquablues. I used bulbs from one side of the fixture and plugged them in the other side and liked the look.
what positions do you have your bulbs in from 1-7.
It is amazing how bright these lights are!! My wife asked if I could make it not so bright so it doesnt hurt her eyes, I laughed!!

saltn00b

hehehe
from memory,
switch one is 1, 4, 7 , i have ac+, super ac, ac +
switch 2 is 2, 6, is the 12k, 12k
switch 3 is 3, 5 and is 10k, 6500k
take a look at the last page it shows the bulbs with each switch on.

kevin34

Can you please tell me how you are planning to attach the constellation fixture to the top of your canopy?

isistius

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Can you please tell me how you are planning to attach the constellation fixture to the top of your canopy?
midgets are going to hold it up
:hilarious

saltn00b

Kevin, the Constellation has 4 screw holes on the top that are meant to be used with hanging cables, i am planning on simply placing an appropriate sized screw and washer from the inside and into blocks of wood descending from the top.

saltn00b

i got some new additions and pictures coming soon.
so far the ick is near undetectable and i have lost nothing except for my xenia which are getting stung by the beast BTA that i am trying to get rid of.
pics coming soon.
canopy work this weekend ?

saltn00b

yea i have taken a few pics, but the reason i havent posted yet is becuase the new shrooms i got are green under the actinics (when i get to see them during the week) and then blue - purple under the daylights. i DO have pics, and will be taking more. so stay tuned!

saltn00b

ok finally got some new pics for this last week.
some things are not out 100% due to slight medication irritation.
on a positive note, i have not lost anything and the tank APPEARS ich free at this point.
here are some new addition to the fuge, 2.50 from the grocery.

some new things from trading on the right side

new cabbage leather rock

new orange zoos

my old purple zoos finally starting to look good with the lights, green skirt filled in

green stripe shroom and its clone

salvaged polyps on a new rock

saltn00b

red green paly / zoa combo rock

new purple shroom / red shroom / zoo combo rock
anyone ID the zoos? they are similar to my eagle eyes...

new mint GSPs starting to come out

open brain recovering from light starvation

saltn00b

orange plate - camera cannot capture its true color!
next time my hand is in the tank i am moving it to a rocky perch.

:)

and my latest addition $3 worth of halimeda from the FMAS auction

reefkprz

I want your pink zoas.
nice picturtes. I can just imagine the look IRL. I have those same palys you called the red green, and dont they jump with green frills when the actinics come on.

kevin34

Any update on the canopy? A full tank shot under the daytime lights and one under the actinics would also be awsome.

saltn00b

thanks guys!
we are working on the canopy today , taking pics, cutting the wood etc etc, so stay tuned for more on that.
i will get some more photos of the lighting kevin.
kayak - cherry stone / little neck clams are great for tanks because they eat up nitrates! just ' burp' them first to make sure they are alive.