Saltwaterauctions.com

slick

This is just stupid and will eventually cause member to leave. Everyone talks about how SWF.com hosts this site for free and blah blah blah. It’s been around a long time and has done fine, so why all of the sudden do they need to start charging to sell items on here? Say what you will, but its moves like this that make long time members like myself leave.

flricordia

Seems that all that has and will come out of this is pple angry at SWF, at each other, plus leaving the site (the site will defenetly slow quite a bit as will SWF sales as will be seen in the future to come-Fostersmith takes most online retail sales stocking lots and lots of fish, corals and dry goods at prices impossible to beat) and new members having really no reason join when there are many other sites that are more open to its members.

beansandmia

By the looks of things they are not going very well with this new site, I think they should go back to the way it was and just have each member pay a yearly fee.

greenreefer

okay I've had my fill of people telling us how much this costs SWF and how it was costing them a bunch to offer the forums. I do this (hosting software apps on the wed) for a living and I guarantee that it costs less to host the forums (the assumption being that they are already hosting their selling site) each month than it would be to have an employee post 1 response once a week.
I have no problem with them wanting to make money, but the only costs here were the mods' time spent on the forum. If the mods aren't up to it then I'm sure there were others willing to step up. I know I would have.
This change put a bitter taste in my mouth. I use to spend several hours everyday here and I've probably spent an hour total over the last week. It isn't that the classifieds were all that I was here for, but it is a peice of what I do everyday (looking for good deals, I'm a junky). If I have to go somewhere else for my fix I might as well spend my time in their general forums too.
Who's starting the thread where we post our handles for different boards :)

b sharkey

it is ---- with sales tax
5% for swf.com 3% for paypal (paypal seller incurrys) meaning the price may go up for. a total of 8% in fees
Sales tax for Fla is 6.5% so i am going to be paying 1.5% more in "taxes" which does not seem to be a lot but that is 8 cents on a dollar which means a $1.60 more on a $20 item and then you have shipping cost
if you bid on ---- you dont pay sales tax only a select few do and it is posted. I have had my tank set up for a year and was able to find a local on hear that i was able to get a lot of frags that would have cost me 100s of dollars retial or on a auction site
I am going to miss the classifeds for saling and trading

redman1221

All I have to say is good luck with that saltwaterauction thing. To me it don't look like it is doing any good, it has more bad reviews then good, so I wish you all the luck with it. Imo it was the wrong thing to do but it is your site, so good luck with it.

b sharkey

it is ---- with sales tax
5% for swf.com 3% for paypal (paypal seller incurrys) meaning the price may go up for. a total of 8% in fees
Sales tax for Fla is 6.5% so i am going to be paying 1.5% more in "taxes" which does not seem to be a lot but that is 8 cents on a dollar which means a $1.60 more on a $20 item and then you have shipping cost
if you bid on ---- you dont pay sales tax only a select few do and it is posted. I have had my tank set up for a year and was able to find a local on hear that i was able to get a lot of frags that would have cost me 100s of dollars retial or on a auction site
I am going to miss the classifeds for saling and trading

premilove

I think Mr X said it earlier but SWF should def keep the old classifieds and have a listing fee or what ever

Business is business, that's all there is people. Sellers have profited off of SWF.com for a long time now and it was great whilst it lasted, but everything comes to an end.
A lot of places are doing the auctions now-a-days and if SWF doesn't hop on that wagon now, it'll leave without them. Yes there are other sites that allow free listings and everyone is completely allowed to search them out, but most are sites that have an abundance of sponcors that help pay the bills. I honestly haven't seen many, if any, sponcors here meaning that any other retailer has been making a profit off of SWF.
I'm sure they didn't want to do it, but some things need to be changed even if it upsets the "on-the-fly" seller/buyer.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by JonP
http:///forum/post/2817899
Some of ya'll are forgetting that the site is a store with a great forum, not just a forum based site. I'm sure they see an increase in sells in the live selling, and a decrease in sells for their store as to why they are starting the auction site.
Is this store solely dependant on us? or do they sell out side of the web site?

corky

I believe rwp1202 was delivering a message other than the obvious.
I am not happy with the changes and like many have stated, do not come to this board as frequently as I used to.
I can only imagine that in time I will almost all together stop coming to this site.
It's a shame because I just aquired some really nice zoas and other stuff I was hoping to share, trade, sell to locals.
Not interested in doing auctions or limiting the type of transaction according to specific rules.
I hope things change quickly before it is too late.

corky

Am I missing something or is there really only one coral for sale on the auction(plum acro)? You've got to be kidding me!

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by HotKrumba
http:///forum/post/2821444
I am done. I have bought things from SWF on and off and I have bought a few things on the classified, but it seems like everytime I get on this site it always has negativity. So I am done I will never log on this site ever again, I am removing it from my favorites and I will never again refer anyone to this site to purchace anything ever. ***********************************************************************************************************************. Good buy and good riddens SWF.

M

markeo99

I used to stop in here 4-5 times a day and speend my nights here now I am down to once a week or so we have no reason to be here anymore
we want some feedback swf.com this is our home to remember this forum is nothing without its members

nwdyr

It seems like they are not saying much huh? I also enjoyed the selling and trading ad's . And I also don't come by as often without them here
Maybe its not affecting them in a bad way....but it sure is affecting us

johnnyd

listen to you guys, the last 6-7 comments make it sound like the MAIN reason why you come to this site is for the classifieds! thats probably the reason the stoppped it. half the people used the classifieds for there own profit, therefor using swf.coms business to sell there own stuff through for free. go to another forum then, cause most other fourums are just that and are not also a livefish retailer. there are about 5 main people (you know who they are) on here who have sold hundreds of frag packs to people and been making tons of money thanks to swf.com. stop the crying
about having to pay a fee. go sell on e ba a yy then. i use this forum mostly for info and to help others. get over it.