Saltwaterauctions.com

johnnyd

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2823314
It seems like they are not saying much huh? I also enjoyed the selling and trading ad's . And I also don't come by as often without them here
Maybe its not affecting them in a bad way....but it sure is affecting us

that comment right there is the problem. "Maybe its not affecting them in a bad way....but it sure is affecting us" so this forum is just about you guys, and how easy it is for you to sell for free/ect..? everybody wants something for free.

M

markeo99

I have never sold anything on here I have no lfs I have stocked my entire tank from swf.com every coral they have is in my tank and all my fish I have done my part to help them out my total is close to 3000$ dollars to swf.com so no its not all about selling stuff for free. its being able to buy stuff if I cant do that here I'm gone

nwdyr

ummmmm
YOU are JOKKING...right??

People sell here for "profit"????...obviously YOU have NEVER sold ANYTHING or you would understand there is no profit for us to sell 20.00 frags to each other! Take the shipping , box , bag's , packing material ,tape , water , gas to the PO ect...ect...ect.... the people here sell to thin out their tanks , you would know the need to do that if your tank was healthy enough to GROW anything. And by the way,,,yes it is about "us" because without "us" it would just be "you" here talking to yourself. You remind me of another guy here that used to cause trouble because he also could not make a point without bashing people....o yea he is not here any longer because they kicked him off....hmm

And yes there are places to go where you can sell little things for free , our complaint is , it could be done that way here too!

greenreefer

Originally Posted by johnnyd
http:///forum/post/2823551
listen to you guys, the last 6-7 comments make it sound like the MAIN reason why you come to this site is for the classifieds! thats probably the reason the stoppped it. half the people used the classifieds for there own profit, therefor using swf.coms business to sell there own stuff through for free. go to another forum then, cause most other fourums are just that and are not also a livefish retailer. there are about 5 main people (you know who they are) on here who have sold hundreds of frag packs to people and been making tons of money thanks to swf.com. stop the crying
about having to pay a fee. go sell on e ba a yy then. i use this forum mostly for info and to help others. get over it.
You missed the point. It's not that the classifieds were the only reason, but it's a peice of the pie. Say your bank took away online bill pay, but still offered online statements, balance inquires, tranfers between accounts, etc, etc and told you it's not a big deal since online bill pay isn't a real revenue generator for them and they have a partner site where you could go do that. Would you still bank there when you could switch to the bank across the street from them that offers everything on one website? I'm sure some would because they like talking to Sally when they deposit their checks, but many more more would say it's time to find a new bank.
I think that is what most everyone is saying. We like our bank and don't want to have to switch, but we can't justify making our life more complicated when there are simple solutions across the street.
And again back to my earlier comment, this doesn't have any real costs associated with it for SWF. If someone at SWF would like to disagree I'd be happy to have that conversation.

eggs

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2823652
ummmmm
YOU are JOKKING...right??

And by the way,,,yes it is about "us" because without "us" it would just be "you" here talking to yourself.
And yes there are places to go where you can sell little things for free , our complaint is , it could be done that way here too!
+1
Without the hobbyist, the customers, how would vendors exist?

Whats up SWF?!?!? I see that the poll thread was taken down, so if you have time to clean a post that shows just how p'd off people really are (the last time I checked it was 20 votes in the "bad" category compared to 2 votes in the "good"), then how is it that you don't have any time to respond to our comments??? You guys are incredible. To the people who have been posting on here....I say we hold some sort of protest, whether that be all banning together and joining another forum as a group, or just stop posting on this site period, I think its time to stick it to the man if the man doesn't have the respect to respond.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by johnnyd
http:///forum/post/2823553

that comment right there is the problem. "Maybe its not affecting them in a bad way....but it sure is affecting us" so this forum is just about you guys, and how easy it is for you to sell for free/ect..? everybody wants something for free.
UMMM yeah. See if you have been doing this for a while and correctly you tend to gather and grow a lot.
So while the keepers who have been teaching rookies and newbies to swf the way to do it it our own way of helping out newbies and rookies to gather new coral with out spending huge amounts of money on coral until they know for sure what they are doing. So if your here for info and to learn thank someone whos been doing this for a long time.

eggs

Originally Posted by AquariumRookie
http:///forum/post/2823904
Whats up SWF?!?!? I see that the poll thread was taken down, so if you have time to clean a post that shows just how p'd off people really are (the last time I checked it was 20 votes in the "bad" category compared to 2 votes in the "good"), then how is it that you don't have any time to respond to our comments??? You guys are incredible. To the people who have been posting on here....I say we hold some sort of protest, whether that be all banning together and joining another forum as a group, or just stop posting on this site period, I think its time to stick it to the man if the man doesn't have the respect to respond.
Glad I read before this post is removed.
I'm already spending less time on the site; and I did generally check out the specials and fish inventory.