Sarah Needs to brush up on her American History

mantisman51

It sure sounds pretty stupid. I think she was trying to make a point about not giving in then and now on gun control but it certainly was a gaffe. Hey, she wants to go around the country on a bus and scream "Look at me", she's gotta be prepared for the scrutiny. I like her politics and would like to see her...er find her attractive(John F Kennedy) but she makes me cringe everytime I hear her speak. Like Dan Quayle and W, she just has trouble getting those pesky words to come out right.
p.s. JFK was thrown in there to show even guy politicians are often judged as physically attractive.

reefraff

But lets never forget if Revere hadn't made that ride Obama wouldn't have been able to visit the 57 states during his campaign and Mr Biden couldn;t have watched President Roosevelt go on TV to colm people about the stock market crash in 1929.

J

jstdv8

I think everybody has these moments from time to time. Unfortunately when you are in her shoes it gets over dramatized.
She was great for the state of Alaska while she was in office, got our budget in order and took some hard stances on things most poloticians woudln't have dared touch.
I beleive she truly is a peoples type president, unfortunatley whenever you get one of those they seem to not look as smart as someone like Obama or Edwards, but at least they care more about doing the right thing than their ratings.
Just my opinion.
I'm not a dem or ar Rep.

bionicarm

I think being an "intelligent orator" should be one of the requirements when applying for a position in our government system. Continually making "foot in mouth" statements everytime you speak, could have mitigating circumstances when talking foreign policy, or about other critical issues facing this nation. It may have been a verbal gaffe, but I imagine people in other countries just shake their heads thinking the Americans would actually put a woman like this in a higher office.

tangs rule

I'm pretty sure though she'd make fewer mistakes if she used a teleprompter ALL THE TIME just like our galctically stupid POTUS.....It's really sad that the 0bumer uses the prompter at every event, including speaking to third graders, but then again, she didn't go to Harvard either. Only 18 more months to go till this regime is removed from power!

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/386025/sarah-needs-to-brush-up-on-her-american-history#post_3388256
I think being an "intelligent orator" should be one of the requirements when applying for a position in our government system. Continually making "foot in mouth" statements everytime you speak, could have mitigating circumstances when talking foreign policy, or about other critical issues facing this nation. It may have been a verbal gaffe, but I imagine people in other countries just shake their heads thinking the Americans would actually put a woman like this in a higher office.
Actually they are wondering why we Americans get so hung up on stuff like this. In Europe they elect drag queens and brothel madames, in Africa they elect mass murderers and cannibals. Asia is too freaky to even give examples. No country puts their politicians under a stronger magnifying glass than us. And let's be honest, the mainstream media has yet to show a single gaffe by The Messiah. They reserve that treatment for conservatives, and on the rare occasion they show a dem screw-up, it is laughed off as a fun moment for all. Whereas, when Palin/Bush/Quayle do something like this, the free world is at stake..

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/386025/sarah-needs-to-brush-up-on-her-american-history#post_3388256
Then what must they think about someone like Biden being a heartbeat away from the presidency? Reagan was a pretty good public speaker but the left still tried to brand him as dumb too.
But I do agree the President should be well spoken. Again the left attacked Bush mostly for his yankeeized southern dialect but he still was capable. Palin doesn't come across like a politician. If she were a man it would probably be a plus but being a woman she is branded a bimbo.

darthtang aw

I'd pay to see Edward's GF. Palin is fine for a mother of 5 but.......

I will see your girlfriend and raise you the french presidents wife.

meowzer

YOU guys are nuts LOL
ANYWAY.....as I was on my raft floating....the radio played Sarah Palin's Paul Revere comment
all I could say is OMG...and BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA......

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386025/sarah-needs-to-brush-up-on-her-american-history#post_3388358
YOU guys are nuts LOL
ANYWAY.....as I was on my raft floating....the radio played Sarah Palin's Paul Revere comment
You can see on the video clip where she catches on that her mouth was running about a sentece ahead of her brain and she tries to save it and just makes it worse.

darthtang aw

YOU guys are nuts LOL

So now it is nuts to admire the most beatiful creation on this planet, the female form?
Yeah, that is much crazier than discussing bacon scented underwear.
Darth (time for a p0rn break) Tang

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/386025/sarah-needs-to-brush-up-on-her-american-history#post_3388418
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/thread/386025/sarah-needs-to-brush-up-on-her-american-history#post_3388358
YOU guys are nuts LOL
So now it is nuts to admire the most beatiful creation on this planet, the female form?
LOL...NO admire away....

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/386025/sarah-needs-to-brush-up-on-her-american-history#post_3388418
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/thread/386025/sarah-needs-to-brush-up-on-her-american-history#post_3388358
YOU guys are nuts LOL
How about admiring women wearing bacon scented underwear?

stdreb27

The brits tried all sorts of stuff to disarm Americans. Right in that time frame.
But come on, you wanna talk gaffs, I don't think it is a contest...
2 of my favorites.