schiavo

broncofish

Originally posted by knots
bronco, Tell me where you get your info so I can check it out. I would hate to think that you're one of those people that just talk bad about something but don't really have anything productive to add. Try helping the rest of us out with some "good" info. I know I'm interested.

Like I said as far as TV I mostly watch PBS's news. I read stories from the AP, and Reuters on occasion, and read the Kansas City Star. Just for the sake of Gee-whiz, let's pretend that nobody here new what the WND News was. Would you trust any paper that constantly listed itself as a source (it is the only source in that entire article) one of the first things you learn in Comp 1 is you can't list yourself as source. Hence me saying that article is garbage. I was not picking on you for posting it, I assumed that you did not know the history of that source.
This is a serious issue, one that I hate to see politicized, and that is exactly what that news source is, a slanted political rag.

lionkiller

please explain the money that you keep bringing up. I explained earlier in the posts that what is left from the malpractice is not worth even talking about. That is being donated. And at the early age that she was, I can tell you they probably didn't have a million dollar life insurance policy in place.

The money that keeps being brought up is the million dollars he was offerred to walk away and let her parents take Terri home. Some business man offerred it to him.
If I remember right I thought I read or heard that he took out a Huge insurance policy on Terri a couple months before this happenned. I think I heard 250,000 - 500,000 dollars was the policy.
Those amounts aren't to far away from the million he was offerred and will sustain a fairly comfortable life style for a long time.
For me, it just adds an alterior motive twist to the whole story.

farmboy

NVMYCJ
Just an observation on all of the time spent and thought put into the discussions about Terri. Not just here either.
Obviously, Wrassecal's friend made an impact on Wrassecal.
By many standards, people in these types of conditions do not contribute to society. It seems like they do after all. (Which ever side of the discussion you are on.)

broncofish

Originally posted by Lionkiller
If I remember right I thought I read or heard that he took out a Huge insurance policy on Terri a couple months before this happenned. I think I heard 250,000 - 500,000 dollars was the policy.

I remeber hearignsomething about him firmly denying that on larry king live, or dennis miller, or one of those shows. Not sure which, maybe I will go look on google. Either way I don't usually trust the horses mouth, but with all the scrutiny this man has been under I'm sure he would have been blasted as a lier if he had an insurance policy and calimed he did not.
Somehow I am getting sucked into this conversation, even though i was trying not to. So I went and did a seach on news-med, a website I used to research my medical condition when i was getting medical boarded by the military. Anyway The had an intersting artlice, not just about vegatative states, but about this exact case. Worth a read if your interested.
http://www.news-medical.net/?id=8594

lovethesea

The money that keeps being brought up is the million dollars he was offerred to walk away and let her parents take Terri home. Some business man offerred it to him.

He walked away from ALL of the offers from people who thought they could buy Terri's life.

lovethesea

Seems kind of odd that this never came out by her parents when they were trying to prove he tried to kill her. Only to find out that the broken ribs were from when her life was trying to be saved.
Plus, who at that age without kids has a policy like that. Just middle class folks starting out in life?

broncofish

Originally posted by lovethesea
Plus, who at that age without kids has a policy like that. Just middle class folks starting out in life?

She was like 26 right? I remeber a couple years back and trying to increase my life insurance before I went to afghanistan andbeing told that most insurance places have a "reasonable limit" as in I only make 38g a year so I can't have myself insured to the tune of 2mill. Not sure if that was correct or not.
I do know it would be impossible for him to get insurance on her after she was on life support

wrassecal

knots - if someone asked me to prove that everything I did was done because that was Jamie's wish there is NO WAY I could prove it. On many of the issues I could only say because she told me and hope the Doctor and the Priest backed me up on the parts they knew about. I have no way to know for sure if they would. That is my point.
I don't know who is right on the Schiavo case. I'll never know. I'm just pointing out that with court involvement there will be even fewer people willing to assist others in devastating circumstances because they are afraid of the potential legal ramifications.