school

mr. guitar

Homeschooled? I'd also hate that because I'd be at home more than I'd want to be. haha. One of my friends used to be homeschooled and he hated it because he was never out of his house. He was then at our high school for 9th grade, now he moved to Kenya for a year.

clown boy

As for people out in the real world, I work at a technology company, and I am very familiar with the corporate world. I wouldn't have a job at my age if I wasn't homeschooled. Just because I am homeschooled does not mean that I am not out often. Besides, have you noticed how often I post?

mr. guitar

I'm not sayin that homeschooling is bad it's not that common where I live. Question for ya...Do you learn foreign language? If so which language? Just wonderin. We've been in school for 9 days and I've already had 18 tests / quizzes!!! That sucks!!!

clown boy

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
I'm not sayin that homeschooling is bad it's not that common where I live. Question for ya...Do you learn foreign language? If so which language? Just wonderin. We've been in school for 9 days and I've already had 18 tests / quizzes!!! That sucks!!!
What is a foreign language? :notsure:
Just kidding. I'm not old enough yet, but the neat thing about being homeschooled is that you get to choose from this list:
* Arabic
* Chinese (Mandarin)
* Danish
* Dutch
* English (UK)
* English (US)
* Farsi (Persian)
* French
* German
* Greek
* Hebrew
* Hindi
* Indonesian
* Italian
* Japanese
* Korean
* Latin
* Pashto
* Polish
* Portuguese (BR)
* Russian
* Spanish (Latin America)
* Spanish (Spain)
* Swahili
* Swedish
* Tagalog
* Thai
* Turkish
* Vietnamese
* Welsh
Whew! I certainly don't intend to learn all of them!

Just ask if you have anymore questions!

mr. guitar

hahahaha. Dang that's a huge list!!!! We only get to choose from 3 at school. French, Spanish, and German. I say go with French. It's really easy and it's awesome!

clown boy

Well, I live in the San Antonio were about 30% of the people speak Spanish. Plus, I have a lot of relatives that only speak Spanish (I'm Guatamalan). :thinking:

mr. guitar

Well that makes everything easier for you. hahaha. Random info...our school is plannnin' a trip to South America for summer. Mainly all the Spanish classes but anyone can go. I'm tryin' to get my French teacher to plan a trip to France but I don't think that's gonna happen this year.

coachklm

i just started my environmental science w/lab - 5cr hrs
and technical report writing 3 cr hrs
9 cr hrs lft until my assc. in science deg.

reefeel

I start on the 28th, it is my last year also
My schedual is:
AP English
AP Chemistry
AP Statistics
Biology II- I may switch to another course though
Then the next half of the year I have:
AP English/ Gym
AP Chemistry
Honors Humanities
Spanish IV

michelle l

Enjoy these years to the fullest, kids. Want to see my schedule? Here it is....
Get up at 4:45 (AM!)
Feed dog
Turn on tank lights
Shower
Fight traffic on the way to work
Work all day next to two grouchy women and all of the drama that goes along with it ***)
Struggle to keep my eyes open all day
Worry that I'll get caught on the internet when I'm supposed to be working
Eat lunch at 11:00...and that is the exitement for the day
Finish the day only with the help of a cup of coffee at noon

Leave at 4:15 and fight traffic to get back home
Feed the dog
Feed me
Turn off the tank lights
Nap
Take a bath
Go to bed
Get up at 4:45 (AM!) and do it all over again.
That is the working world for ya! Enjoy the variety and fun that the school years give you.
Ahhh, to be young again.....

coachklm

my day: "as you say to be young again"
4am-sometimes 6am - give baby bottle and put back in crib
7am wake up make wife breakfast before work
730-800 eat breakfast and drink coffee
800 wake up other 4 children
8-9 make breakfast for 4
9-10 clean breakfast
10-1200 schooling... practice books and math
12-1 make and eat lunch for 5 kids
1-3 clean up lunch and play with baby while kids play outside
3-4 al childrens chores get done if baby gets to bed
4-6 get dinner made for 6
6-7 my time /school work/ (wife does dishes)
7-9 baths and showers and bed for children
im 26 it can be done enjoy the break you get whie in school..

babyb

my first day of college was yeasterday,and suprizingly it was awsome,all my teachers are super nice and they are really funny

jacknjill

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Why not? I still have a ton of friends. :notsure:

Hey,
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, i was at my dads house for the rest of summer while he was on vacation and he doesnt have internet.
But anyways,
I dont think that i could ever be home schooled because i love being around so many people all day and everything. Like, today was my first day at school and i met a TON of new people, and even the people that i didnt talk to i still enjoyed being around simply because its so different and not monotonous everyday. Plus i got to catch up with all my old friends. I just love going to pulic school because it is exciting. But thats just me

clown boy

Homeschooling is not monotonous, trust me!
We are always meeting new people.
A few more things:
1. Public schoolers always like to hang out with people their own age because that's all they've grown up with. Homeschoolers grow up with their families; the result is that they are usually more friendly towards kids younger than themselves than public schoolers are. At least 60% of my friends are 8 and younger. First reading this, you may think that it is a bad thing, but really, they are fun! And that's that I'm a boy! I still have at least 50 older friends.
2. Public schoolers have been known to be far more likely to rebel against authority (Police, Parents) than homeschoolers because public schoolers always are getting advice from their peers instead of their parents.
3. Statistics show that homeschoolers pass the SAT's 3 times better then public schoolers.
Keep in mind that this does not always apply to all students and that I mean no offense.

sharkboy13

wow u all start early, we dont start until the 31st, still early for all u ppl w/ the fancy no school starting b4 labor day. but hey, seventh cant be to bad. i no ur all shocked, im probably one of the youngest ppl on the boards

sinaloa213

i dont know about u guys but im ready for the last day of school and oh yeah i just finished the first week of shcool and im a tenth grader
:cheer: