Secret Santa Blind Swap!!!!

teen

well, my package to podo was delayed. showed up a day late, ice in the bags. her package was supposed to be here today. the mail already came, so im assuming it was delayed as well.

zoie2

My corals were siezed by HAZMAT
I used the Post Office (no UPS in the area). I asked him about shipping because I know some people say their post office won't do it. He said no problem, just put "Contains H2O" so that IF it spills they won't freak out. I put arrows in the right direction, he stamped fragile all over it
He said it leaked and they still freaked out. IDIOTS!! So he is going to get a # I can call.
Do you think there is any hope for them? I sent a 3x3 mat of star polyps on a rock, and a 3x4 colony of yellow polyps that are on a shell. I mailed them Tue. from MA and he said they would be in NY by Wed. at noon.
I made the insulated box like on the thread about shipping coral. It was like 5x8, not big. I put a cup of water in each bag. I set the bags in the box and used an air tube (plastic bag of air) to support them so they wouldnt bounce about. I put 2 heat paks (one on each end) and them put peanuts on top to keep every thing still then put the insulation cover on top.
SORRY CRAZYK

coraljunky

Originally Posted by eliteaqua
Got mine today thanks coraljunkie. Will get pics posted tomorrow. Beautiful zoas.
Enjoy
Happy Holidays

littlebuck

zoie2,
Just wanted to let you know my friend krazyk hasnt been online and just happen to look at this post ans saw that you were sending him something. If you want to get in touch with him please email me at littlebuck70@yahoo.com, he said since u are in ma maybe there is a way to make things easier, He just moved and dosent have a comp right now.

janastasio

Saltyshogun and I swapped corals. He shipped his on Monday, got them on Tues. They look great, will post pics this weekend. I thought we were supposed to be shipping unusual stuff, so I didnt have a whole lot of that in my tank, so I shipped and orange and purple with green mouth ricordia mushroom and then threw in a green and huge red mushroom. I shipped it on Wed at 3:15pm. I sent it in the insulated box he sent me with 4 small heat packs (his contained 3 heat packs a little larger than mine). I sent overnight priority UPS, there by noon. He got a bag of mud. I am sooooo bummed. Bummed for him because he sent out stuff and it went great and go nothing in return. Bummed for me because I spent 31.00 to ship this and it arrived dead anyway. He thought too much heat. I'm going to replace for him, but all in all, not a good first time shipping experience for me. I'm going to try and file a claim with UPS and try and recoup some of the cost back. I'm still really confused, I thought I really shipped it the same way he shipped to me. Should I not have put in as much heat with mushrooms?
I'm really sorry Saltyshogun

groupergenius

Originally Posted by janastasio
Saltyshogun and I swapped corals. He shipped his on Monday, got them on Tues. They look great, will post pics this weekend. I thought we were supposed to be shipping unusual stuff, so I didnt have a whole lot of that in my tank, so I shipped and orange and purple with green mouth ricordia mushroom and then threw in a green and huge red mushroom. I shipped it on Wed at 3:15pm. I sent it in the insulated box he sent me with 4 small heat packs (his contained 3 heat packs a little larger than mine). I sent overnight priority UPS, there by noon. He got a bag of mud. I am sooooo bummed. Bummed for him because he sent out stuff and it went great and go nothing in return. Bummed for me because I spent 31.00 to ship this and it arrived dead anyway. He thought too much heat. I'm going to replace for him, but all in all, not a good first time shipping experience for me. I'm going to try and file a claim with UPS and try and recoup some of the cost back. I'm still really confused, I thought I really shipped it the same way he shipped to me. Should I not have put in as much heat with mushrooms?
I'm really sorry Saltyshogun

Shipping scares me. I like dealing locally even if I have to drive a few hours to and from.

littlebuck

make sure u put more air in the bag then water. And if u can get a 24 hour heat pack it will work better. I ship quite a bit and havent really had any problems with the packaging just the shipping company.

podo

Teen recieved my package hope all is still well. 6 diferent SPS corals I sure hope they do not have the same 6
. This was so fun. My corals were delayed to to the storm. Teen's packed like a pro. Thanks so much for trying Teen. Merry Christmas to all.

peef

I havn't heard from cpbirds but his package from me should have arrived today! Hope someone was there to pick them up! And I hope he sent his to his person.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by peef
I havn't heard from cpbirds but his package from me should have arrived today! Hope someone was there to pick them up! And I hope he sent his to his person.
I was his person, oh well.

jonthefishguy

well mine was originally TXREEFER but his tank crashed and then it was DMCRETE and I, then he said he couldnt afford shipping so it doesnt matter. It wasnt that important to me anyways....

cj7eagle

i sent a pm to happy5446 a few weeks ago and she hasnt been on to respond. I wanted to know what days she would be home so i could send and be sure she got it. I also sent a list of days i was available for the month. I got no response so i just decided to skip it.

peef

MAN!!!!! I wish people wouldn't have told me they were going to do this and then just not do it without telling anyone. If anyone gets burned I am REALLY sorry!!!!!!!! I tried my best. Keep a positive outlook maybe they will get back on after x-mas time and be like WOA OOPS I FORGOT. If not I will ask them to send back what they received. Its only fair.
Here is the pinktip frogspawn I got from Don Lino, its AWESOME. The zoos are still closed but alive. THANKS Don Lino!!!!