self sufficient males.

orion7

I am proclaiming a new male stereotype. Women have their Independent women sterotype. Well I feel there should a counterpart to that stereotype.
Self sufficient males.
- males that cook, clean, and take care of themselves.
- heterosexual males that don't feel the need to date or if they do want to date they just find the dating pool lacking single available women.
- generally mid to late twenties or older.
- usually pretty busy, working on their car, house or helping others. Working two jobs or more, etc.
- generally a easy going bunch that works to better themselves and have pretty good morals.
- they usually like to hang out with the guys and are generally misunderstood by their peers.
Example: I don't understand see why he doesn't date. He's good looking and takes care of himself.
Answer: Find me a women that is single, unattached woman and I will go out on a date with her. Otherwise leave me alone I have too much to take care of.

bang guy

Sorry... I can take care of myself, do a lot of cooking, cleaning, etc, but I just adore women far too much to imagine life without them.
If that makes me less than self sufficient then so be it. IMO a life without women just isn't worth living.

bang guy

Originally posted by jwtrojan44
You obviously haven't met my wife, have you. :nervous:

Can't live with 'em....Can't live with 'em... :p

orion7

Here's a better example:
MacGyver.
I love women but I seem to be doomed at the moment to a single lifestyle.
Reasons mostly moral:
- boyfriend health hazard
- married like the first but worse
- underage dangerous water there
- childs well ok but not so fun
- shallow pool, bad local.
Ok I am picky. So I should go out more. Like the bar, Let's look at calendar. How about 2005? I don't think I am busy on the 21st of April. Oh well I think I'll just grab a six pack and head home. Cheaper that way anyways.
Ok I am way to busy. Two jobs and everyone seeking me out on my time off. Plus most of the women that have hit on me in the last year should not have been hitting on me. Boyfriends, husbands, etc. I have just too high a moral standard. If they would cheat on them they would do the same to me.
I think it is a question of local as well. Most people my age in this area are married, kids, etc. I think I should move to a better local myself. But I have to tell you it ain't all bad. I get to spend my money on all the toys I want. I get to do what I want all of the time. I got carear oriented and I am missed the train. Guess I am waiting for the next one.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by orion7
Self sufficient males.
- males take care of themselves.

Is there such a creature? :thinking:

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by jwtrojan44
my wife

poor, poor Mrs. Tro. :nope:

orion7

Several in fact. Through I admit that are various levels to how well we take care of ourselves. I really don't need to be tended. I appreciate it but I can clean, cook, and do laundry. I get up and go to work, make some money, and spend it too. I feel I lack need something but it would be hard to qualify. Companionship. I have friends. ---. Well yeah let's skip that one. There is something I do miss and it hard to say. Probably call it love but I come from a big family and there plenty of that. I think it was the intimate connection. It was not just one thing but all of them together.
What I hate is that I get labelled because I wouldn't respond to committed women. They hit on me and I ignore them. It would be too easy and I would just hate myself in the end anyways. I know what they are thinking, forget it. It would never work out just cause problems. So they label me as gay. God I hate that. What they don't know is that I would love to. You try your hardest toi be a good person. Reminds me of a joke.
Job: God why do you hate me so. I have done everything you have asked of me. I have never questioned you. I have suffereed all that you have set my way. I simply what to know why?
God: Honestly Job, there is just something about you that really pisses me off.
Stephen King - Storm of the century.

neoreef

Nothing wrong with being single and enjoying it. There is more than one way to live a happy and productive life.:)
I was in no hurry, and consequently did not marry until I was 33. Had kids at 36 and39. No complaints here.

belothsurf

Orion, sounds like someone has been giving you a hard time about being single. I can relate a little to you, I'm 35 and still single. Except I usually get labeled as a "player" or being too picky.
Too many people, in my "humble" opinion, are in a rush to get married, especially women. I work with a few women in their late 20's that want to be married so bad you can see it a mile away. They are in love with "being in love, being married, the house with a white picket fence (...ok.... that is a little outdated),.... the house with an SUV, and so on and so on. Basically, they are in love with an expectation, and not really the person they are marrying, and that goes for both men and women, it just seems women are more needing of marriage.
Anyway, I'm still single, and perfectly happy as things are. I am not knocking marriage at all, and hope one day to be married, but only if it is to the right person. I know too many people, and have heard way too many stories, of miserable people in miserable marriages, and spend a large portion of their lives generally unhappy because of a decision they made when they were 21.
And if you can see below the surface, you'll find that most of the people that give you a hard time about still being single and happy being single, are stuck in an unhappy relationship, and are resentful and jealous of you. Just a thought..........:D

joerdie

i think its fun to mess with people about my marrige. i work in a very close nit office and everybody knows everything about everybody. my wife came in last week and (this was planned) started a huge fight with me. she was yelling and i was yelling. all of the other staff just watched in horror. my boss (who doesnt fall for anything) even fell for it. it was great.....
im not sure how this fits in but this is why i like being married. :D

krowleey

if they didnt have what makes a man go mush in the brain, men would hunt them for sport. bahahahahahhaa :hilarious
i say that to my wife all the time, i sure know her buttons

jlem

Originally posted by Beth
Is there such a creature? :thinking:

He's hiding from the attention wanting, Whining,let's talk about our feelings and love me even after I put on 200lbs women.:D
This was a joke for all of you women who I just described.

innsmouth

orion7, the good ones only strike when you're not looking for them. They come outtta nowhere. Always happened to me. When I was activley pursuing a relationship...nothing. The real ones are out there but they just fit the same description of the guys in your first post.