September TOTM Winner

meowzer

CONGRATULATIONS to Dholla15 for winning the TOTM September contest with this photo

Look for it to appear on the SWF site soon

meowzer

Apparently you have to click on pics to see them better...IDK what is going on
One of the rules is...newcomers are welcome....There is NO post count or join date limit..

btldreef

Which I know is not your rule Lois. You're doing a great job running this. I just think there needs to be a little more control on admins end as far as newcomers posting pictures for contests and disappearing. I'm fairly certain when I say that most of the votes probably came from newcomers as well. It happens on every forum that runs a contest. While I understand that SWF wants to welcome newcomers, it's a slap in the face to existing members.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422080
Which I know is not your rule Lois. You're doing a great job running this. I just think there needs to be a little more control on admins end as far as newcomers posting pictures for contests and disappearing. I'm fairly certain when I say that most of the votes probably came from newcomers as well. It happens on every forum that runs a contest. While I understand that SWF wants to welcome newcomers, it's a slap in the face to existing members.
I can't agree more... meowzer.. is it true or not that I was very suspicious of this post at first?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422080
I hope no one takes it personally....and I hope everyone keeps entering until we get this worked out
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422081
Soooo... did the winner get their prize yet?
That's between them and SWF LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98
http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422083
I can't agree more... meowzer.. is it true or not that I was very suspicious of this post at first?
It really does not matter if you, OR I...was suspicious.....a person came on...posted a pic...and won....there were no rules broken....AT THIS TIME....there are no rules preventing this from happening....
AGAIN....the contest is open to everyone.....
for now

jaxfishgirl

such a gorgeous tank! And Hiiiii Meowzer! I havent been on here in a long long long time! A lot has changed

btldreef

I want everyone to understand that Meowzer ran this contest exactly the way she was told to. No one should be upset with her, she does not control the rules, administration does.
I felt the need to speak up on this thread for everyone on the forum that participated, or wanted to participate in this contest, or future ones. While I understand that Saltwaterfish.com is trying to be welcoming to newcomers by keeping the contest open to all, there needs to be some sort of limitation on number of posts or time on the boards before one can participate or vote. If someone really wants to participate in these contests and be a part of this community, I don't think this is much to ask, to actually participate in the community. Other forums run similar rules. I brought this up months ago and so have others and it continues to be an issue that upsets veteran members. Those of you that are sending PM's and emails should post their comments here or send a PM to admin. I honestly think that keeping the contest completely open is a slap in the face to those members that have stuck by this forum through it's recent rough times, especially when a no name member ends up winning. Which raises the question of who voted for this picture if we are all upset by it's winning? The way things are being run, there's too much room for error/fraud, and Meowzer has absolutely no control over that. I hope no one projects their anger/frustration at her. She does not deserve it.

slice

Thank you Meowzer and BTLDreef for what you do for this site and community!
Congrats to all participants for such fine entries! Congrats to Dholla15 for the win!!

dholla15

Thank you to those who congratulated me!
I'm sorry if I upset anyone.. I simply joined the site, then awhile later saw the contest on the forum and posted a picture. As stated in previous posts I broke no rules... There was no post limit for new members. I'm not sure what I did wrong.. I plan to continue to participate in the community of this site, not just win a contest and "disappear" . I apologize again for angering veteran members. Those of you that think there should be a "post limit" for future contests that is fine, but please don't get mad at me for winning when there was no rule saying I couldn't enter.
Again, Thank you to those who voted and and congratulated me.
I hope there is no hard feelings against me in the future of my use on this site.

snakeblitz33

You know, I also agree that there should be a post limit or a join date limit for people to post up a tank pic. I don't think it is fair for active members of the boards - when just anyone can create an account, post a (possibly fraudulent) pic of a reef tank and win a prize and never return again. Posting members are active members - that's who we want, not potentially fraudulent dishonest thieves.
Just my 0.02.

btldreef

I don't think members are mad at you, just the way it's being ran. Hopefully you do stick around and participate in the forum. But do try to see where some are coming from, you have 2 posts, the one here and the one where you entered the contest.

slice

Additional pics of your tank might settle any misgivings.
You say you joined, then "a while" later you entered the contest. Your join date and your submission date is the same. You played by the rules. It is the rules some have a problem with...so far. Please don't misrepresent yourself.

dholla15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422185
I don't think members are mad at you, just the way it's being ran. Hopefully you do stick around and participate in the forum. But do try to see where some are coming from, you have 2 posts, the one here and the one where you entered the contest.
Yes, I do see where you are coming from and I understand the fact that a new member winning raises suspicion so the fact of having a post limit makes sense, there is nothing I can do about that. I also hope you understand where I am coming from, as I did nothing wrong. So, The only thing I can do from here on is just to follow through with my word when I say that I will continue participating in the forum. I also hope that something is changed for the future so this issue doesn't occur again for a new member.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholla15 http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422205
Yes, I do see where you are coming from and I understand the fact that a new member winning raises suspicion so the fact of having a post limit makes sense, there is nothing I can do about that. I also hope you understand where I am coming from, as I did nothing wrong. So, The only thing I can do from here on is just to follow through with my word when I say that I will continue participating in the forum. I also hope that something is changed for the future so this issue doesn't occur again for a new member.
This has nothing to do with the contest....only interest in your tank
WHY not start a thread in the reef section and tell us all about your tank...IT'S BEAUTIFUL...and we love to see pictures and hear everyone's own personal tank journey's

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422209
This has nothing to do with the contest....only interest in your tank
WHY not start a thread in the reef section and tell us all about your tank...IT'S BEAUTIFUL...and we love to see pictures and hear everyone's own personal tank journey's
I agree! I would love to know more about the tank... it's gorgeous!
PS: Meowzer, don't worry, I am not mad at you at all... never was!