Shane's 40g Mixed Reef Tank Diary (HD pics & videos)

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanoshanox http:///t/392133/shanes-40g-mixed-reef-tank-diary-hd-pics-videos/40#post_3485281
Nope, all the HOB room on the back of my tank is dedicated to the CPR aquafuge and the aquaclear 70. I could maybe squeeze some thing in the back if it was 4" or less.
Well...I ditched my AQ70 after I got my CPR aquafuge II PS skimmer/fuge combo. I only use it now (hung on the front of the tank) when I "blow" off the rocks and get a lot of crap in the water column.
I say remove the AQ70 and replace with a skimmer.

zanoshanox

Y&eah I'm still weighing my options. Thx for the input.
Snapped a nice FTS today, I feel like i should zoom in a little closer so you can see everything but there's too much to fit in the frame. My main focus lately has been building the rocks up higher in the back. What do you think?

zanoshanox

Thanks! Yes, the cleaners hang out on the pump on the right side of the tank during the day, I believe this is so that they can grab flake food floating on the surface. These guys go just as hard as the fish when it comes to feeding time...
At night I usually catch them cruising the rocks looking for food.

zanoshanox

Cleaned the tank today and the corals were all opened up nicely so I decided to grab some shots of the corals =]
Pink Pocillopora

Sunset Monti

Montipora Digitata

Blastomussa

Red Blastos

Montipora caprocornis - New growth

Hammer Coral

Fungia Plate

zanoshanox

New video update of my tank! (Check out some of my other videos, you can really see certain things have grown and the tank has filled out already in such a short time, cool to watch. Subscribe to my channel if you'd like to be updated whenever I put out a new video. Thanks guys!

zanoshanox

Just added a bicolor blenny last night and he is TEARING UP my montiporas! Even saw him nipping the pocillopora a bit. Don't know how i would even go about getting him out, he hides within the rocks so well. Any ideas?

zanoshanox

He is nipping the polyps of my encrusting montiporas and ever since i put him in they have been mostly retracted but I have observed hi repeatedly going after whichever polyps do start to extend.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanoshanox http:///t/392133/shanes-40g-mixed-reef-tank-diary-hd-pics-videos/60#post_3485964
New video update of my tank! (Check out some of my other videos, you can really see certain things have grown and the tank has filled out already in such a short time, cool to watch. Subscribe to my channel if you'd like to be updated whenever I put out a new video. Thanks guys!
Very nice! Your camera work is first rate. You have a collection of healthy looking creatures!
You have a tank worthy of high pride of accomplishment!
My personal preferences:
-a bit more "time of scene" especially in the beginning of the vid. some of those scenes went by way too fast for me. Get the viewer all warm and cozy, then flip the script.
-length of scene does not flow as well as it could; I see you timed some transitions to the music but the length of scene seems a bit disjointed.
-keep similar scenes of similar length; use quick cuts into spectacular scenes only for dramatic effect.
-consider a more smooth background music, similar to that of Andreas Vollenweider - check it out, I think something of that ilk would be more fitting.
-transitions between similar scenes such as from coral close up to coral close up could be a slow dissolve
to add a more smooth
flow; reserve hard transitions for changes from dissimilar scenes like from close up to FTS.
Just my opinion...
Please keep up the vids, I've enjoyed every one!

zanoshanox

^^That are some excellent suggestions! Thank you very much.
I have produced many different kinds of videos but these have been my favorite so far. Thanks again for the input =]

zanoshanox

Not at all. Here are some shots of the damage the blenny has done to my SPS since I put him in the tank -.-

slice

Well, I cleaned up the links and they worked for a hot minute...zano are you fidgeting with your photobucket gallery?