SHARK!

btldreef

You were already told that if you wanted to breed clowns, you shouldn't keep them with tank mates and should do so in a smaller tank.
People aren't responding because you keep asking the same questions!

S

saxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/389371/shark/20#post_3441979
You were already told that if you wanted to breed clowns, you shouldn't keep them with tank mates and should do so in a smaller tank.
People aren't responding because you keep asking the same questions!
First of all, PLEASE take this in the spirit in which it's intended...Tommie-Lynn is right, dood. Folks here are particularly helpful to novice keepers and there are lots of them willing to help. However, you go all over the place...you want this, that, and the other thing, and by the way, you want to breed clownfish. Additionally, you want all the info "spoon-fed" to you. It makes the peeps who have offered-up their time and expertise throw up their hands and walk away.
What you really
need to do is SLOW DOWN, take a breath, and really decide what you want to do. Once you get your first project down, you can delve into other aspects of the hobby. You're young (or seem to be), and you have LOTS of time to evolve in the hobby. When peeps give you an answer or opinion, the next thing you should do is try researching the same topic/fish/whatever on your own and learning a bit more to build upon what you have read in the forums. Get some books...they're REALLY good references. Read articles online. Verify your facts and ask informed questions.
Your interests will likely change several times over your time in the hobby, and fortunately, the possibilities are endless.
Don't be the person everyone groans to see a post by and moves on.
Again, this was NOT meant to be a flame, slam, insult, etc...just an observation from someone who is active on discussion several forums, is/has been a moderator, and owns one himself. We ALL want you to be successful!

Yes I am only a 8th grader. I don't see why I can't breed clowns with other peaceful fish like tangs though. please be patient with me I am young and stupid.

S

saxman

You missed the point, my man. And no, young doesn't = stupid.
Think about it...
Clowns guarding a nest are SUPER, and I mean SUPER aggressive. This means that they'll attack anything that comes near (including you)...so much for a "peaceful tank".
Other fish and many inverts would like nothing better than to eat the clown eggs and fry.
You won't be able to feed the fry in a large DT, so they'll die anyhow. There's a "feeding density" that can't be accomplished well in a large setup.
Just rearing the fry will be close to a full-time job, esp. in the beginning.
If you REALLY want to be successful at breeding them, listen to the peeps who do it day in and day out (I'm not one of them).
Altho I haven't raised clowns, nor would I (i just don't care for them in the least), I bred and raised SH for a few years so I have some "general" knowledge as well as things I've seen done by friends..it's not easy to do.

S

smallreef

if you want to breed clowns,, those will need to be the only things in the tank...umm you could get a rabbit fish with the clowns,, though reaching in to get out the eggs you could get a nasty poisonous stab (and believe me it HURTS)
SO if you want to breed clowns in a 75 you may want to put in dividers and keep 2 different pairs to make it "easier" though breeding clowns is not easy...
Can i RE-ITERATE you may want to get some experience with saltwater before you start trying to jump in both feet first..
learn how to keep your levels right, what to do if they go out of whack, and get acquainted with SWF husbandry...

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeepingPRO http:///t/389371/shark/20#post_3442215
Is there ANY fish or invert I can have in there? Also if i keep the rabbitfish well fed it will still eat the fry?
Have you read up at all on breeding clownfish? Bought a book about it? Anything?
You have been told in multiple threads, by multiple people. I have PM'd you about this as well. You can't just continually ask the same questions over and over because you don't like the answers you're being given.
I think you're a troll. Please stop.

I was like you when I started the hobby
I wanted this and that and some more of those
What I think you should do is hurry up and wait
My recommendation for your first tank is a 10-20 gallon tank with 1-3 damsels/chromis and some emerald crabs
keep every thing alive in the tank for 6 months and then move to a larger tank
(Plus now you have a QT)
some more experianced aquarist may not like this but IMO this is the best way to start

I have my 75 set uo though. I am not putting more money into a 20 gallon now. I want a easy, colorful tank with clowns. I like maroon and ocellaris most, besides the awesome snowflake clown. What anemone is best for maroon and ocellaris? Carpet? Bubble tip?