Shogun323's tank

shogun323

Thanks Demartini!!! I got the rock with all the green Rics (14 total) for $40 at an LFS nearby. I have 3 Orange Rics that I got for $50 total. Finally I have 2 Blue Rics that were $10 each. The orange and blues came from the main LFS I use by my house. I can't get enough of them!!!

aveda6

Very nice. Your tank is what I'd love to get to eventually. I have a long way to go, but it's nice to see what you are able to do.

aveda6

Very nice pics. I love your tank. Seeing the cleaner shrimp makes me miss mine even more. It jumped out of the tank a few weeks ago and was found by my dogs. It was the first live purchase in my tank.
You also did extremely well in photographing your tank. I'm having issues with getting the light and shutter speed correct.
jim

rookiefish

hey the tank looks great! i have but 1 question for ya what kind of fish is the blue one in your tank? thanks keep up the good work!

shogun323

Originally Posted by rookiefish
hey the tank looks great! i have but 1 question for ya what kind of fish is the blue one in your tank? thanks keep up the good work!

Thanks. The blue fish is a good ole $3.99 Blue/Green Chromis.

schwa6970

your tank is beautiful just setting up new reef.bought a 30 inch orbit and the looks of your tank under this light made me glad i got it any other equipment suggestions would be helpful.

shogun323

Thanks everyone.
Wangotango- I hear ya on the price. $65 for 2.5 inches in diameter is really steep. Mine is about 4 inches and I paid $40.
bcott- The appearance of clean sand must be trick photography. It's actually a mess.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by shogun323
Cool. Mine is a Seaclear System II Acrylic tank. Orbit PC's . System II has all plumbing builtin including 350gph pump. I added 170 gph powerhead for additional flow. I also have the proprietary skimmer.
I'm new here so sorry for not knowing this, but how many gallons is the Seaclear System II? Why did you choose Acrylic over glass? (Doing research before I buy my tank, thanks!)

demartini

sooo I was chatting with you buddy sig... I can't remember his full screen name and he said that he pays $24 per ric...maybe you should take him to the place ehere you buy yours! lol maybe he can get a better deal.

natep206

very nice tank. and your doing a great job at thinking about where your placing things. everything seems to fit perfectly and theres spaces for more corals in there. i cant wait to see this thing full.
have fun,
nate

natep206

very nice tank. and your doing a great job at thinking about where your placing things. everything seems to fit perfectly and theres spaces for more corals in there. i cant wait to see this thing full.
have fun,
nate

shogun323

Originally Posted by azfishgal
I'm new here so sorry for not knowing this, but how many gallons is the Seaclear System II? Why did you choose Acrylic over glass? (Doing research before I buy my tank, thanks!)
Welcome Aboard!! My systemII is a 50 gallon. I love the look of the Acrylic without the seams and rounded corners. Acrylic scratches easy so you have to be careful. I personally wouldn't buy a System II by Seaclear again. The filtration system is all built into the back of the tank. It works great but it takes up about 4 inches of the width of the tank.
Originally Posted by DeMartini
sooo I was chatting with you buddy sig... I can't remember his full screen name and he said that he pays $24 per ric...maybe you should take him to the place ehere you buy yours! lol maybe he can get a better deal.
I guess I could talk to him since he is my roomate!! LOL!! We have one store that carries the Orange rics/$25 each and Green/$12. Then there is another store about 20 minutes from me where I got my huge rock of Green Rics for $40. We went there earlier last week and they have another one for $40. I counted 11 total on it. I saw and thought about ya cause I remember your previous post when you said it would cost about $300. They also have a tank loaded with different Yumas for $40 each. I have a hard time justifying that much for a mushroom though.
Originally Posted by NateP206

have fun,
nate
Thanks Nate. I enjoy stalkin my Local Fish Stores throughout the week so see what I want. Then I come home and stare at my tank to figure out what to get and where to place it. I have made the mistake already of buying something without planning out where I want it and it doesnt work out too well. Thanks Again!!!!

shogun323

Originally Posted by DeMartini
well you could get it, so you could send it to me for christmas lol just a thought! lol
Done. It's in the mail!! You'll have it tomorrow.