Shrimps question.

lxxnp1234

I have a 24g tank with one cleaner shrimp. I want to buy one or two othe kind of shrimp like blood shrimp, Peppermint Shrimp, banded coral shrimp. Can I keep two different kind of shrimps in the same tank?

I have some coral, snails, hermit crabs and a clown fish in the tank.

Thanks for your suggestions.

nosinut

you could get away with a couple peppermint shrimp. Although, chances are you'll never see them! They like to hide in rockwork. I have banded shrimp in my reef tank as well, but you have to be careful with them, keep them well fed! IMO blood shrimp are beautiful, but a little too pricey for something that chances are you will not see all that often. Also I would reccomend you make sure your tank is stocked with copepods, those are shrimp too! :p

meowzer

The coral banded will kill the cleaner.....You can put a couple of peps in there, they should be ok....and as stated they are night feeders.....

There is always the chance in a smaller tank that there will be competition though

deejeff442

i have a coral banded shrimp almost the size of my fist.i have had him for years he is in with 4 cleaners and a peppermint.no problems.
but i wouldnt get one for a 24 gallon he grew pretty fast.

deejeff442

dunno maybe but now they are in a 250 gallon so we will see.but he doesnt seem to even show an interest in them