So it Begins...all 10 feet of it...

steve102571

Make sure you place 1/2" high density foam mat under the tank, it will help remove and highs and lows from the suface of your stand and give you the full support you need. Believe me, you will wnat to do this before you set it. Its a real pain if you have to remove the tank and then set the pad. I got this idea from the sales engineer @ Tenecor when I set my 120"lx48"wx30"d acrylic

small triggers

I did the rigid insulation for the shear fact my husband and i built the stand, i knew it wasnt going to be perfectly level on the top even with the OSB ontop of the supports. the insulation is a def. help. not including it helps dampen the sound from the tank/sump.

ccampbell57

Steve - thanks for the heads up on the foam. That is something that I was thinking about, but could never find anyone to substantiate the claim that it works. So I will be going to Home depot or Lowes to get some and put it on the stand.
The new tank should be delivered on Friday this week....can't wait.
As for the updated pics that everyone has been waiting for, you'll have to wait a little longer...I have some suprises in my QT that I want to get healthy and then get them all together for a family photo...

oceanlover

I sure hope it is packed better this time. Maybe Santa can deliver it so its safe and sound!
There are still some Clarions here in Northern California. Maybe you could negotiate a nice discount on another one?!?!?!?!

G

gtdarock

Hey Camp ! Can't wait for the pics, good luck on Friday and Happy Holidays !

ccampbell57

Update:
Well it has been a rough couple of weeks. First off, my first clarion (the one pictured above) did not last 3 days in QT. The ich was just too advanced. We tried everything to get this little guy back to heath and he fought like a champ, but it was too little too late.

He was absolutely gorgeous and maybe a one in a million clarion like that is better left to dream about...to say I was absolutely heart broken would be an understatement. I was truely depressed, and didn't know what to do...my dream fish was about to take the final trip to the feezer with some other of my favorites...until...this little nugget showed up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmiIM...e=channel_page
The story behind getting this 4" juvie almost put me in the hospital. It was shipped from Oakland straight to Denver. I arrived at the Southwest cargo area to get the package at 2pm and the guy at the counter said "the box isnt here"...panic set in.
I paced in the office and used a nice variety of four letter words as they searched and searched the system for my precious package.
Well it turns out that my box was accidentally placed with the cargo going to St. Louis and while we were looking for the box, the plane was in the air. Now panic turned to complete anger. Remember it is 35 degrees in Denver and equally as cold in St. Louis. All I could think about was my fish freezing in the bag.
Luckly for me (and southwest) the flight turned back around in St. Louis and was going to be in Denver at 8:30pm. So all I could do was wait. I tracked home and received the call around 8 that the fish was on its way back.
I got to the cargo area and they took me to the back and let me open the box. There it was...in an 18" bag in about 5 gallons of water...my beautiful orange fish. The entire cargo crew was looking in and wondering what all the hoopla from the day was about...all of them looking like I was crazy for having a fish that expensive. I acclimated him for about an hour and got him into a nice 55g QT. He immediately ate pellets and flake!!!!
This guy is absolutely my favorite fish of all time. He has more personality than my bandit, and I never thought that was possible. He swims all over the place and is super curious. His lips are a beautiful purple and he is darkening every day...
I can't wait for him to meet his new freinds...

R

regina13

Wow! Sounds like you had quite the week! I'm glad your happy with the new clarion!

kjr_trig

Watching the video brought a smile to my face...He looks really healthy.
Did you get the tank? Wasn't that supposed to be yesterday?

oceanlover

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2882622
Update:
Well it has been a rough couple of weeks. First off, my first clarion (the one pictured above) did not last 3 days in QT. The ich was just too advanced. We tried everything to get this little guy back to heath and he fought like a champ, but it was too little too late.

Your first mis-bar Clarion died from ick? That's terribly sad. There are still some Clarions here in California and none of them have ick. One fish did get one pop-eye but he was isolated, treated, and seems to be normal again.
Please say that your first was replaced at no-charge? That is too much money for a fish that only survives 3 days.
The second Clarion looks cool. You should of had Santa deliver him, it would have been faster than the airplane that lost him.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by OceanLover
http:///forum/post/2883452
Your first mis-bar Clarion died from ick? That's terribly sad. There are still some Clarions here in California and none of them have ick. One fish did get one pop-eye but he was isolated, treated, and seems to be normal again.
Please say that your first was replaced at no-charge? That is too much money for a fish that only survives 3 days.
The second Clarion looks cool. You should of had Santa deliver him, it would have been faster than the airplane that lost him.

Yeah it was a total bummer losing the first one. It was like having the pot of gold in your hands only to have it dissapear right in front of your eyes.
As for santa delivering another clarion? I wish...he has brought some other presents that shall be unwrapped after christmas...
Originally Posted by peter1215

http:///forum/post/2883459
good luck with the new Clarion. Cant wait to see all your angels in the new tank.
Thanks Peter. Glad to see you on the boards again. I see from your avatar you took my advise or at least are getting a present from santa as well?
You will not be unhappy with the personifer.