So, New tank......

oneradtek

my elk horn coral

my ricordea

Frag of GSP

Toadstool frag

My zoo's

These ones havent opened yet.....I hope they will!

Orange Cap

Frogspawn that has been hosted by my clowns

oneradtek

So just another update here..... wow is my tank starting to take shape.....with this being my first reef tank and all, im very impressed with how its turning out. heres my coral list now
clusters of zoas.... orange (50 polyps)
Green (20)
Eagle Eyes (5)
Cluster of Pink Pallys
frag of pagoda cup
Devils hand leather
green ricordea polyp
frogspawn
Orange cap
frag of Incredible Hulk
Elk Horn coral
pimple mushrooms
1 red mushroom
Green Star polyps
frag of green cap
toadstool frag
Fish List....and i will not add anymore to it
Mated Pair of false perculas
Royal Gramma
Kole Tang
Inverts
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab
10 astraia snails
5 hermit crabs
heres some newer pictures

hefner413

hey, thought your weren't going reef, eh? sure looking good! I've tried royal grammas with no luck. dunno why.

oneradtek

hmm thats wierd, im asuming that u have enough hiding spots for them right? I love my gramma and it has soo much personality with the other fish!
well yea i decided to go with reef, because it was a challenge.....im grabbing a few more corals next weekend....prolly another big rock with lotsa zoos....and some tonga branches

meathead

Originally Posted by oneradtek
http:///forum/post/2420938
heres a picture of the braces i put on my tank to make sure it doesnt blow open on me. They havent let the tank budge at all sincie i put them in

Nice looking tank and thanks for the up to date posts that I have been following.
Keep an eye on that brace. If it's steel, it will rust. The screws look like steel too and they will fail before the brace. Before any failure, the rust will leach down into your tank poisoning your inhabitants.

hefner413

http:///forum/post/2464715
hmm thats wierd, im asuming that u have enough hiding spots for them right? I love my gramma and it has soo much personality with the other fish!
well yea i decided to go with reef, because it was a challenge.....im grabbing a few more corals next weekend....prolly another big rock with lotsa zoos....and some tonga branches
actually, I have 130 lbs of LR in my 55 - so yup, jus a bit of hiding space. I was quite fortunate to find the grammas each time they died.
... sounds like you caught the reef bug... now your an addict. Know how you feel!

hefner413

Originally Posted by Meathead
http:///forum/post/2465069
Nice looking tank and thanks for the up to date posts that I have been following.
Keep an eye on that brace. If it's steel, it will rust. The screws look like steel too and they will fail before the brace. Before any failure, the rust will leach down into your tank poisoning your inhabitants.
I would agree to make sure there's no steel. They look like aluminum to me though, and the screws look like they have some protective coating. I would make sure that the thread side of the sc.rew that has gone through the aluminum hasn't had that covering grinded off and thus exposing bare steel.

oneradtek

yea im running a skimmer, just a seaclone, but its working for me. I got 0 nitrates and everything else is perfect water quality.....2 penguin 330's and a seaclone is sufficient filtration for a 55 i think. and so far, its proved it....
good point on the rust.....i think that maybe a s.crew is barely threw the plastic .....on that older plastic brace that i re-braced with the stainless. but ill back it out a little bit. The sbraces wont break , ive got like 5 of them in total. But the rust thing is a good point. but ill be switching out tanks when i move again in september. I think it should hold until then. i monitor it all the time.

oneradtek

i just looked up stainless steel. thats what i got ......some cut peices of stainless steel for the brace. it says thats its more rust resistent than regular steel. but not rust-proof......soo im feling confident itll be okay for a few more months.....but if not ill figure something else out! haha

meathead

http:///forum/post/2465290
i just looked up stainless steel. thats what i got ......some cut peices of stainless steel for the brace. it says thats its more rust resistent than regular steel. but not rust-proof......soo im feling confident itll be okay for a few more months.....but if not ill figure something else out! haha
Keep a watchful eye on it. ANY kind of steel exposed to saltwater will rust quickly. Certain types of stainless steel rusts more than others (like razor blades).
Perhaps plexi glass could be used a brace?

oneradtek

but then again ill have to

[hr]
it on to get a good hold, so there goes the steel idea again! haha.....idk, i mean, the steel braces have a glass top under them.....that should help keep them away from the water so they wouldnt contaminate.... plus ive had them on for a few months, and i think it woulda went south with poisoning my tank by now....idk ill keep an eye on it

oneradtek

So its been another 2 weeks since my last additions......another paycheck, another addition.....or should i say additions. I picked up today another HUGE Zoa colony with greens and eagle eyes, green with pink.....over 100 polyps on this one all for 45 bucks! and a group of Candy Cane corals..... I also picked up a piice of Tonga rock and a peppermint shrimp....3 nassaurius snails, 2 turbo snails and some seaweed sheets with a clip all for 79 bucks.
Here are some recent photos