So we can't buy and sell....&

gemmy

Competitor's can have ads. We can't post links to competitor's but their ad can be staring at me while I type this. Hmmmm

snakeblitz33

Yup. Sad, isn't it?
Maybe SWF could have a thing where it costs to post ads? If you want to do business on the site, you have to pay the host? lol There are several places that do that to generate extra income.
Pay per ad, pay for a premium membership to buy and sell... exclude vendors, but encourage hobbyists???? Buy at your own risk?
I don't know. I just think it's a little unfair, but whatever.
I'm not going to make a whole big fuss about it either. It's the owner's decision, but I just think that it essentially drove away a lot of people from the site and the forums.
Anyways, my 0.02.

btldreef

They're trying to get rid of the ads, it's an on going battle. I think every time they upgrade something on the site, the ads get worse/come back.
It's getting ridiculous lately

meowzer

I never see any of these ads, BUT....I read a lot of complaints about them.....I have sent something in to admin....IDK what will come of it....but that is all I can do

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
We would really appreciate all the details you can offer. It is something that is very important that we get rid of. Screen Shots, Company names, date, how often. We would be very appreciative!!!

btldreef

I don't know how to do screen shots from my phone, but I've been seeing Dr. Foster and Smith ads daily for quite a while. I believe I posted a thread about it a few months ago. I've also seen Fresh Marine and Marine Depot, but the doctors is daily

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyreefseeker http:///t/388835/so-we-cant-buy-and-sell#post_3431846
We would really appreciate all the details you can offer. It is something that is very important that we get rid of. Screen Shots, Company names, date, how often. We would be very appreciative!!!

I see them all the time too. Every other time I log in, there is usually an ad for another fish place. I'd be happy to provide a screenshot once I see one and have time.

gemmy

Today right now on my screen is sunbeamaquarium.com. I frequently get live aquaria, seagrest farms, marine depot, and a few more.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/388835/so-we-cant-buy-and-sell#post_3431770
BENDER.....download a free program called simple adblock
works great :)
Sorry to say, this program is not so great anymore. The new version has a price tag to it or you can use the free version with only a few instances of blocking. So, unless you have the older version, then, you basically out of luck wo paying.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/388835/so-we-cant-buy-and-sell#post_3431955
Sorry to say, this program is not so great anymore. The new version has a price tag to it or you can use the free version with only a few instances of blocking. So, unless you have the older version, then, you basically out of luck wo paying.
Is there a way to block ads on an Iphone?

1guydude

The ads always seem to go with the topic or subject of the thread i noticed... id do a thread about cameras or taking pics and ads up in the right hand corner would be for cameras!
Doesent make sense to me about having a competitors add on ur site but its non of my business.
Im sure theyre are non stop working against the pop ups !

michaeltx

LOL I do not use google or dating sites
I get alot of those too but also get new car sales and many many other ads. I posted in the shark tank a couple days ago on the ads as well.
At least the Video ads are gone now they were the worst I have not seen one of those in a few days now.
Mike