So who is your college football team?!?

I started my college career at Clemson, so they will always hold my first love as far as a football team goes. The ACC is pretty loaded this year with Miami and FSU back to being themselves. Virginia Tech is a really good team as well, and North Carolina and Georgia Tech are no slouches themselves.

I think Clemson will surprise some people, and maybe even win their division again if the offense can gel... Here's hoping!

My other college is Ohio State, and I almost feel like a Yankees fan rooting for them. But since I got a degree from there, I am technically allowed :)

#2 in the country! Which means you win out, and you're playing for the BCS Championship in January! Let's go Bucks!

scottnlisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team#post_3304844
I started my college career at Clemson, so they will always hold my first love as far as a football team goes. The ACC is pretty loaded this year with Miami and FSU back to being themselves. Virginia Tech is a really good team as well, and North Carolina and Georgia Tech are no slouches themselves.

I think Clemson will surprise some people, and maybe even win their division again if the offense can gel... Here's hoping!

My other college is Ohio State, and I almost feel like a Yankees fan rooting for them. But since I got a degree from there, I am technically allowed :)

#2 in the country! Which means you win out, and you're playing for the BCS Championship in January! Let's go Bucks!
I don't watch any sports. Today players only caring about 2 things : Money and breaking records. They don't play for the fans anymore. To darn expsensive even to see them anymore.
I know college don't get paid. But they still care about endorsements which is money.

My thinking is that QB should get $500K, line backers $250K, running backs $300K, etc in the pros. Then if your good let the sponsors give you millions.
And baseball is a total joke. No random testing of drugs, no salary caps for teams. It is no longer the American sport.

It is ALL about money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnlisa http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team#post_3304852
I don't watch any sports. Today players only caring about 2 things : Money and breaking records. They don't play for the fans anymore. To darn expsensive even to see them anymore.
I know college don't get paid. But they still care about endorsements which is money.

My thinking is that QB should get $500K, line backers $250K, running backs $300K, etc in the pros. Then if your good let the sponsors give you millions.
And baseball is a total joke. No random testing of drugs, no salary caps for teams. It is no longer the American sport.

It is ALL about money.
Oh everything is about money! That's life in a capitalist society. When the almighty dollar becomes your God, everything else follows...

fishtaco

Oregon State Beaver fan. Not happy about the stadium getting bigger and the problems that go along with a larger crowd, but still not a bad place to watch a game.

Fishtaco

kjr_trig

My allegance is obvious...or it should be. University of Washington for those that don't know what the purple "W" is for. Always love college football, but very excited about Washington, Jack Locker gave up being the #1 overall pick in the NFL (at least all the "experts" said he would have gone before Bradford) to come back to U Dub. Don't think UW has the talent to be great, but hopefully very good. Locker will be fun to watch.

As for the rest of the country, Big 10 is vastly improved and should be the 2nd best conference (SEC obvious 1st), Pac 10 is average at the top, but VERY strong in the middle, and should be 3rd best. Pac 10 has 4 NFL ready QB's this, not very common.

I think Bama runs the table again, and beats a far overmatched Oklahoma in the title game. OU will make it past Texas and Nebraska and beat up on the rest of the crappy conference to make the title game. Bama has the Heisman Trophy winner returning (albeit injured), but his backup may actually be better than he is (Trent Richardson).

Team I'm sick of hearing about is Boise St., they have 2 legit opponents all year, and none are true road games. They have a seven week stretch where they will not face one NFL caliber player on defense, there is not a team in the SEC that doesn't have future NFL players on D. VA Tech is overrated, but I hope the beat Boise so Boise will shut up.

reefraff

Even on Probation still an SC fan

If you don't like the prices pro athletes are paid don't buy merchandise, don't subscribe to pay event or go to games. Eventually the owners and players will get the message. Back in the 90's I wouldn't even buy my kid Nike gear. I figured if they were paying MJ all those millions in endorsements I wasn't paying 80 bucks for the same shoe you could buy for 30 at sears without the swoosh.

bionicarm

I'm an Aggie grad. Unfortunately, A&M plays second fiddle to UT - Austin when it comes to football. Considering they practically buy all their players, it's no wonder the remainder of the Texas teams in the Big 12 are crap. I was hoping that A&M would've jumped ship and went to the SEC, but the big money was dangled in their face from the TV networks, and now they'll still be UT's lap dog every season. When Mac Brown speaks, every other Big 12 team listens.

aquaknight

UCF-grad, so I pull for my school, but sadly the 3rd largest university in the nation still has their sports teams in C-USA, and it's football team is a slightly better then average in its division.

Being born and raised in Miami, I will forever be a huge CANES fan. Even through the thugness, no team puts more stars in the NFL and their games are always exciting.

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team#post_3304953
Even on Probation still an SC fan

If you don't like the prices pro athletes are paid don't buy merchandise, don't subscribe to pay event or go to games. Eventually the owners and players will get the message. Back in the 90's I wouldn't even buy my kid Nike gear. I figured if they were paying MJ all those millions in endorsements I wasn't paying 80 bucks for the same shoe you could buy for 30 at sears without the swoosh.
Tough to say how good Hawaii is, but the Troj looked awesome on offense, but really average on D...If they can't stop Hawaii, I don't see them stopping the Ducks and some of the other high powered Pac 10 offenses...We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team#post_3304991
no team puts more stars in the NFL and their games are always exciting.

Really surprised Miami was still #1 in NFL players being they haven't been "elite" since what, 2002? Coaches must be doing something wrong to have 54 NFL players and haven't been relavent lately.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team#post_3305026
Tough to say how good Hawaii is, but the Troj looked awesome on offense, but really average on D...If they can't stop Hawaii, I don't see them stopping the Ducks and some of the other high powered Pac 10 offenses...We shall see.

Really surprised Miami was still #1 in NFL players being they haven't been "elite" since what, 2002? Coaches must be doing something wrong to have 54 NFL players and haven't been relavent lately.

Hawaii is one of those teams where it's hard to judge yourself against. I was actually less impressed with the SC offense. Half those scores were assisted by multiple missed tackles.

wangotango

As a former Nittany Lion I still have to show support for Penn State.

Since I've transferred I have to be realistic and say that their season is going to royally suck... (8-4 or 7-5 is my guess).

mantisman51

Boise State!!! I graduated there when they were still a division 1 aa school. Now they're taking on the big boys. BTW this all started because of a great, under-appreciated coach named Pokey Allen. He died of cancer after just a few seasons, but he laid the foundation for BSU to be a national powerhouse. Any "real" NCAA football fan needs to read up on Pokey. He took a middle of the pack division 1 aa school to the national scene in just 2 years.

reefraff

I pull for Boise but "national powerhouse"? Good thing I haven't had my coffee yet LOL! Boise still has to prove it and this could be the season but they only play 2 serious BCS teams. Even if they win out I don't think they'd get put in the big game against even a 1 loss team from a big conference. Hope they pull it off but the BCS is such a biased system I don't see it happening.

mantisman51

They have been ranked in the top 10 for several of the last 6 seasons, so unless "powerhouse" can only be used to describe the national champion, then yeah, "POWERHOUSE". Also, BSU has been trying to play big schools for several years, but after beating UCLA, Oklahoma and Oregon, none of them want to play BSU. And no (as someone here said last year and it is totally false) they don't demand the big schools come to Boise. Boise has proved they can play against anyone, but the chicken!@#* big schools refuse to put them on their schedule. Boise States asked every team in the Big 10 and PAC 10 this last year and they were denied. Anyone with one ounce of objectivity that would blame BSU for being locked out is simply not being honest. "You haven't proved you're good enough. Almost every time you've been let in you've proven to be a great team, but we'll keep you out and say you're not good enough. See that PROVES you're not good enough." Uh huh, lock the door and blame the guy outside for being cold. I hate to say it Reef, because I do respect you, but that is such a BS response that I've heard too many times on SportsCenter and all the network college "analysts". After the last Fiesta Bowl, Dione Sanders said it best when he said that any big school that refuses to play BSU are afraid and ought to be ashamed. Until the big schools accept to play BSU, they should be assumed to be not as good as BSU, not the other way around, because BSU has stepped up and the big schools are hiding like ... I can't write it on this forum but submit your favorite chicken!@#* pajorative here.

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team#post_3305448
They have been ranked in the top 10 for several of the last 6 seasons, so unless "powerhouse" can only be used to describe the national champion, then yeah, "POWERHOUSE". Also, BSU has been trying to play big schools for several years, but after beating UCLA, Oklahoma and Oregon, none of them want to play BSU. And no (as someone here said last year and it is totally false) they don't demand the big schools come to Boise. Boise has proved they can play against anyone, but the chicken!@#* big schools refuse to put them on their schedule. Boise States asked every team in the Big 10 and PAC 10 this last year and they were denied. Anyone with one ounce of objectivity that would blame BSU for being locked out is simply not being honest. "You haven't proved you're good enough. Almost every time you've been let in you've proven to be a great team, but we'll keep you out and say you're not good enough. See that PROVES you're not good enough." Uh huh, lock the door and blame the guy outside for being cold. I hate to say it Reef, because I do respect you, but that is such a BS response that I've heard too many times on SportsCenter and all the network college "analysts". After the last Fiesta Bowl, Dione Sanders said it best when he said that any big school that refuses to play BSU are afraid and ought to be ashamed. Until the big schools accept to play BSU, they should be assumed to be not as good as BSU, not the other way around, because BSU has stepped up and the big schools are hiding like ... I can't write it on this forum but submit your favorite chicken!@#* pajorative here.
Boise is not a Powerhouse....THey had the great win over OU in the Fiesta Bowl, but everybody beats OU in BCS games other than that they have had some really bad Bowl losses (like E. Carolina comes to mind).....Couple years ago Boise came off their undefeated season and came to Washington in a game I was at...Locker was a Freshman and Washington stomped Boise...UW went on to finish 9th in the PAC 10 that year, Boise only lost to Hawaii in the crappy WAC and still finished 2nd. National Power, give me a break....Also, they have never had a top recruiting class and have very few NFL players. They just beat up on crappy competition.