So who is your college football team?!?

reefraff

Florida is WAY overrated, Except for a couple dumb turnovers and a bunch of mistakes by Miami (of Ohio) they cold be losing right now.

reefraff

Better get their act together. They have to play a team next week that won more than one game last year.

mrdc

I don't have a favorite but I have 4 teams that I root for because of family and friends. I go for Auburn, UGA, GA Tech and UAB!!!

bionicarm

Division 1 college ball is a joke. It's rigged to allow specific teams to play for their 'National Championship'. The BCS system makes it literally impossible for potential upcoming teams and smaller schools to even have a shot at winning that trophy. I honestly don't know why they waste their time with the regular season. What's hilarious about 'The System' is you lose one game, and you're done. So these top teams schedule these weak schedules the first two weeks of the season so they can at least insure they aren't out of the running before they start playing conference rivals. Look at Week 1 - Texas plays Rice? Georgia Tech plays South Carolina St (they have a football team?) Georgia plays Layette (Division 2)? Iowa plays E. Illinois? Get the trend? Even when a decent team does have an undefeared season (Utah, etc.), they still aren't invited to 'The Dance'. It's all political, with the 'coaches' and the money determine who's in and who's out. Until they come up with an actual playoff system like the NFL, I'll never consider ANY team a National Champion.

reefraff

BCS is a joke. Last year was the first time in like 4 years there wasn't any doubt about the two best teams facing off.

crypt keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnlisa http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team#post_3304856
Like i said put a cap on player positions. Let endorsements pay the millions. That would lower costs to see a game and maybe drop the hotdog from $7.50 to $3.00.
This is college football tard not the Pro's. Take this ramble elsewhere.

Im a huge college football fan. I love the game and the sport more than anything else in this world. That beings aid. If i had to 100% life or death decide. Miami University. Born in Florida and loved them. Back in 2001 they were untouchable except 1 game, That year is the best college football team ever btw.

I follow many schools and root for many teams. I cant Stand Ohio State. I mean I hate them. They are overrated every year. Beat up on a weak big 10 then get crushed by a pac 10 or sec school. Its becoming a joke now.

Overall I closely follow about 10 teams and watch all the big games.

crypt keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305606
Division 1 college ball is a joke. It's rigged to allow specific teams to play for their 'National Championship'. The BCS system makes it literally impossible for potential upcoming teams and smaller schools to even have a shot at winning that trophy. I honestly don't know why they waste their time with the regular season. What's hilarious about 'The System' is you lose one game, and you're done. So these top teams schedule these weak schedules the first two weeks of the season so they can at least insure they aren't out of the running before they start playing conference rivals. Look at Week 1 - Texas plays Rice? Georgia Tech plays South Carolina St (they have a football team?) Georgia plays Layette (Division 2)? Iowa plays E. Illinois? Get the trend? Even when a decent team does have an undefeared season (Utah, etc.), they still aren't invited to 'The Dance'. It's all political, with the 'coaches' and the money determine who's in and who's out. Until they come up with an actual playoff system like the NFL, I'll never consider ANY team a National Champion.
Boise State has the best shot this year. It has taken a few years to take these WAC MWC and other teams serious. Look at Hawaii a few years back. They blow through everybody play georgia and get destroyed in the sugar bowl. Now Utah and Boise St have done some great things. Boise runs the table starting Monday night here in Maryland against VT they will see a national championship game. They are ranked #4 right now in the polls. It would be impossible they dont go to the dance. IMO every team will lose at least 1 game this year. Boise cant afford too.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt keeper http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305706
Boise State has the best shot this year. It has taken a few years to take these WAC MWC and other teams serious. Look at Hawaii a few years back. They blow through everybody play georgia and get destroyed in the sugar bowl. Now Utah and Boise St have done some great things. Boise runs the table starting Monday night here in Maryland against VT they will see a national championship game. They are ranked #4 right now in the polls. It would be impossible they dont go to the dance. IMO every team will lose at least 1 game this year. Boise cant afford too.

$100 says it'll be Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Florida St., Ohio St., and Nebraska get BCS Bowl bids. TCU and Miami have a better shot at getting a bowl bid over Bosie St., even if they do go undefeated. Money talks. Boise St. will go the way of Utah. They should just stick to potatoe farming, and watch Ohio St. rule the roost.

reefraff

I aiint so sure about Bama this year. Oklahoma had better show a whole lot more than they did yesterday if they are going to be there too, they have to play florida state, Oklahoma State and Texas. 2 loss season in their future I think.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt keeper http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305705
This is college football tard not the Pro's. Take this ramble elsewhere.

Im a huge college football fan. I love the game and the sport more than anything else in this world. That beings aid. If i had to 100% life or death decide. Miami University. Born in Florida and loved them. Back in 2001 they were untouchable except 1 game, That year is the best college football team ever btw.

I follow many schools and root for many teams. I cant Stand Ohio State. I mean I hate them. They are overrated every year. Beat up on a weak big 10 then get crushed by a pac 10 or sec school. Its becoming a joke now.

Overall I closely follow about 10 teams and watch all the big games.

It's only football. Don't get the thread locked making stupid comments.

crypt keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305738
$100 says it'll be Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Florida St., Ohio St., and Nebraska get BCS Bowl bids. TCU and Miami have a better shot at getting a bowl bid over Bosie St., even if they do go undefeated. Money talks. Boise St. will go the way of Utah. They should just stick to potatoe farming, and watch Ohio St. rule the roost.
Uhhhh what? Boise has been to a couple BCS bowls including last season which is why they are ranked 4th in the entire country. Like I said before. Boise Controls its own destiny. They win every game they will be ranked at least number 2 by years end. They have a huge test with a highly ranked opponent Monday night. On national TV. They can play them close win and that will be a huge boost. Its an away game for Boise. The voters will remember this game. Now if they lose this conversation is null and void. Which does suck but Boise doesnt play in a major conference. Top to bottom their division is very weak. That matters right now. Which again sucks.

Now Miami beating the number 2 ranked team in all the land will speak volumes if they run through the ACC 12-0. This is the way it is. Is it perfect, hell no. Is it fair, not always but life isnt either.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt keeper http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305752

Uhhhh what? Boise has been to a couple BCS bowls including last season which is why they are ranked 4th in the entire country. Like I said before. Boise Controls its own destiny. They win every game they will be ranked at least number 2 by years end. They have a huge test with a highly ranked opponent Monday night. On national TV. They can play them close win and that will be a huge boost. Its an away game for Boise. The voters will remember this game. Now if they lose this conversation is null and void. Which does suck but Boise doesnt play in a major conference. Top to bottom their division is very weak. That matters right now. Which again sucks.

Now Miami beating the number 2 ranked team in all the land will speak volumes if they run through the ACC 12-0. This is the way it is. Is it perfect, hell no. Is it fair, not always but life isnt either.

OH YOU DIDN'T!!!!

Yo, Mr. football, Boise's ranked 3rd, not 4th.

Their problem is Bama, Florida, Ohio State, Texas and maybe Oklahoma will all have to lose for them to stand a chance in the BCS because of their schedule. At this point they will only face 1 team with national ranking this year. BCS formula will kill them on SOS.

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt keeper http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305752

Proving your lack of knowledge everywhere you go....So you think if Boise is undefeated along with Ohio St, Bama, Oklahoma, that it will be Boise playing in the title game????? Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the phrase "control their own destiny".....Boise absolutely doesn't control their destiny.

bionicarm

Quote:

Riiight. They played the Consolation Bowl last year against TCU, another team outside looking in. Ranked number 2 by year's end? What are you smoking? They'll be lucky to maintain even the 3rd spot after week 2. If the stars align just the perfect way, the only BCS game Boise St. will play is another rematch with TCU. Unfortunately, they'll be playing the 'Second Fiddle Bowl' again against two other teams with more clout in the various Polls and the illustrious 'Strength in Schedule' calcualtions some computer spits out.

crypt keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305787
Riiight. They played the Consolation Bowl last year against TCU, another team outside looking in. Ranked number 2 by year's end? What are you smoking? They'll be lucky to maintain even the 3rd spot after week 2. If the stars align just the perfect way, the only BCS game Boise St. will play is another rematch with TCU. Unfortunately, they'll be playing the 'Second Fiddle Bowl' again against two other teams with more clout in the various Polls and the illustrious 'Strength in Schedule' calcualtions some computer spits out.
Consolation bowl? What are you talking about? They played in a BCS bowl. It may not had been the national championship but it was a BCS bowl. National Tv after New years eve. For them little Ol Boise state it doesnt get any sweeter. Now they have their eyes set on bigger things

crypt keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305760
Proving your lack of knowledge everywhere you go....So you think if Boise is undefeated along with Ohio St, Bama, Oklahoma, that it will be Boise playing in the title game????? Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the phrase "control their own destiny".....Boise absolutely doesn't control their destiny.

You dont need to be number 1 to play in the national championship. You need to be number 2. They lose 1 game its over with. They go undefeated they are 100% in that conversation. Boise does control their own destiny.

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt keeper http:///forum/thread/379966/so-who-is-your-college-football-team/20#post_3305790
You dont need to be number 1 to play in the national championship. You need to be number 2. They lose 1 game its over with. They go undefeated they are 100% in that conversation. Boise does control their own destiny.

No No No No No No....If Alabama and Ohio St. and Boise all go undefeated, Bama and Ohio St play in the title game....If Florida and Oklahoma and Boise all go undefeated Oklahoma and Florida play in the title game, if any of the "Big Boys" go undefeated, they will destroy Boise on SOS and surpass them and the rankings too.

Boise DOES NOT CONTROL THEIR DESTINY!!!!!!
It's really like talking to a brick wall with you.