SocalNano24s Tank Diary

grant778

Ya. Its fine to get a new one. Just make sure the new fish is a decent amount smaller than the female so that it understands it is not dominant. If u get a fish the same size or larger than the female they will fight a lot.

zoidberg01

Dude your tank is flawless . Im starting my own reef can you give me some tips on how to keep them healthy and what and how you feed them

socalnano24

Ok, I'll take a look when I get a chance. So I added a pair of red spotted scooter blennies to the tank recently. Male and female (as discernible by the males yellow dorsal fin). They have taken to the tank really well, and are already accepting frozen brine and mysis. Excellent news considering how finicky of an eater these guys can be. Super excited to be able to keep them happy since their a more difficult fish to feed.

socalnano24

Got a new tank! This forum died so i moved over to reef central, but thought I'd give you guys an update since this forum had 5 years of history on it.

honu808

So very cool. Love the rock work. I did similar and then took a flat piece of coral rock and made a bridge. Great place for frags.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
This is a long topic that I can't really read thru it all, so can you tell what lighting you are using?

socalnano24

Thanks guys, learned a lot on here from my noob days. My gf is into the hobby now too so it makes it much easier to spend time and money on the tank.

So I have two kessil a150w ocean blue pendant LEDs, the hanger is an assembly i put together w aircraft cable, and some wood struts for trapeze system. Works great, and looks extremely clean and modern.