some pics of new 375.

fishamajig

i see you have a carpet anemonie, do you spot feed it? I try to spot feed mine one or two live goldfish every week or so.

D

dboy999

i spot feed it here an there silversides...but the clarki clowns spot feed it for me ....

new-b1

Lennon,
I am sorry I did not reply been in and out on bisness lately. Yes I am looking to order it in about two weeks if all works out. Please keep in touch. I have been into alot of the Saltwater fish stores in central Fl and all have told me that a 65 gal is a good starting point. However they also told me that if I have the room go bigger but I do not have the room, unless you know of somewone that can make a take to fit into a 44 long buy 23 deep spot next to my fire place.
Steve

D

dboy999

eventually ill post some pics of fish also but there always on the move...

monalisa

Originally Posted by Lennon
Hey, I am getting ready to do a 65 tank too....I am feeling blue lately about it because it seems like everyone is trying to talk me out of it. They say how much of a pain in the but saltwater tanks are and how the 65 is too small and everything will die. I want it sooooo badly though and want to prove them all wrong! I just want to hear from someone that has this size and has had lots of success with it. How are you going to choose the different items for it? I want to make sure I get the best of the best for the tank..
Bella
Oh please Bella,
I decided last spring to start a saltwater. I was first looking for a mere 55, but the space I have in my house only allowed for a 37gal, so that's what I got. So far, everything has been right on target and going very nicely...that's not to say without a bit of effort. The smaller the tank, the more maintenance you need to do, but that gets to be routine. Actually I've found that that maintenance is really very relaxing, and you find that your critters seem so appreciative...well, I really love taking care of my tank!!
Go with the size that you can handle and afford, money and space wise, and most of all, have fun with it!!
Dboy, Really, REALLY awesome tank...wish I could have one like that, but alas, I may have to go for multiple tanks instead...great job!!!
Lisa :happyfish

carshark

so how does the naso and powder blue get along? i know its a big tank, but those are big guys...

D

dboy999

at first the blue tang wouldent stop harrassing the naso,i thought i was gonna have a problem...but after a week or so there cool..hang with each other so on..worked out great..ive bin eyeing up this achilles at my lfs 2 times the size of them thinking maybe of getting him not sure yet...

carshark

Originally Posted by dboy999
at first the blue tang wouldent stop harrassing the naso,i thought i was gonna have a problem...but after a week or so there cool..hang with each other so on..worked out great..ive bin eyeing up this achilles at my lfs 2 times the size of them thinking maybe of getting him not sure yet...

yeah the achilles is one of my favs.. im thinkin though with three fish out of the same genus you may have an issue, more so of the naso towards the achilles...........but then again it is a big tank and plenty of space for all of them....hope it works out, i really like those tangs, my fav 3 are achilles, white cheek(my avatar), and naso.. but ill never be able to have all three if you get two of the three ill be jealous, wait what am i saying, look at your set up, i already am!!!

oceana

Originally Posted by Lennon
Hey, I am getting ready to do a 65 tank too....I am feeling blue lately about it because it seems like everyone is trying to talk me out of it. They say how much of a pain in the but saltwater tanks are and how the 65 is too small and everything will die. I want it sooooo badly though and want to prove them all wrong! I just want to hear from someone that has this size and has had lots of success with it. How are you going to choose the different items for it? I want to make sure I get the best of the best for the tank..
Bella

here ya go
our 65. IMO it was a great tank to start with. not to small not to big. lots of room.
i just moved this all to a bigger tank. this was set up for abotu 3 years.

shnabbles

dboy999, can you please email me i have some questions about your tank..
or you can IM me on AIM at: Shnabblescom