Some SPS shots

brooklyn johnny

Really great Mark... you've built quite a collection! Now just give those babies lots of lovin and some time and you'll be set...
Are you going to the next WAMAS meeting with Eric Borneman? If so I'll see you there...
Johnny

attml

Thanks Johnny! That is the great thing about having guys like geofloors, ROBZ, va_reefman and chideloh near by - you can accumulate some really good stuff! I more than likely will be going to the WAMAS meeting and hope to see you there. Eric spoke at the CMAS spring open house and he was very good! Take care!
Mark

golfish

Originally posted by attml
jeffro8332,
Mark,
You're not a Zeovit distributor now are you!

You know that stuff is the next best thing to Phosban
17 month old light might do it. I've never seen a PM that color before.

nm reef

Second time I've looked in on this thread...no idea why I didn't repond the first time. Too busy dealin' with the riff raff I guess. Your collection has grown considerably...great lookin' stuff despite what our california friend has to say...:D
As they grow out keep in mind decent SPS frags are very hard to come by here in the land of enchantment!!!
With the diversity you have I could develop a sweet SPS dominated system....instead of depending on my favorite LFS in Lubbock...which recently starting getting a fairly decent assortment of ORA raised frags.matter of fact between you....famous johnny...and california golfish i could set up a frag raisin' farm out here...if ya'all were inclined to donate to the cause....:thinking:
Someday I'll need to forward a few bucks and my shipping address.
...and don't let golfish rain on your parade...you know he means well...but since becoming a stay at home dad he's become just a bit more cranky than normal.
No offense intended golfish....
:D

attml

I've never seen a PM that color before.
Mark,
It definitely lost it's color. Our mutual friend Geofloors was at my house recently and he said that when he got his PM it lost it's color the same way and looked the same color as mine. His looks like this now.

attml

NM,
Thank you very much for the kind words as always! As some of this stuf grows out you are already on the list to receive some!
...and don't let golfish rain on your parade...you know he means well...but since becoming a stay at home dad he's become just a bit more cranky than normal.
No worries! Mark and I are cool! I understand he has been a little cranky since he set up the new tank and can't even keep digitata alive.:hilarious
....Just kidding Mark!:D
Mark

golfish

Originally posted by NM reef
No offense intended golfish....

No offense taken, just telling how I see it
The green cap is another good example. It looks just like mine does now...Here's what it looked like when I got it back

golfish

I understand he has been a little cranky since he set up the new tank and can't even keep digitata alive.:hilarious

Shame on you...you should know by know a digitata isn't going to get in my tank..

attml

Shame on you...you should know by know a digitata isn't going to get in my tank..
Mark,
Oh No! You're not turning into one of those west coast SPS snobs on me are you? Nice Cap! What is Leng Si your next door neighbor or something? :D

golfish

that's right, and since I can't keep anything alive other then digies I don't have anything in the tank, well, except for a small white sponge that's hanging on for dear life. I'm hoping it will be as big as a house some day

Oh! and I do have a snail, ok, its not alive but the shell is still there, and a tiny tiny starfish, and some small anemone looking things, not sure what they are:notsure:

nm reef

Ya'all keep fussin' as long as ya keep posting pics...forgot how interesting and fun this hobby can be....

golfish

What is Leng Si your next door neighbor or something? :D

Trust me, yours will (if you every get your act together jk) look just like the picture I posted. That one came from under 250 watt Ushios. Carlos ( MEP's PM) has one down the street, same mother colony as mineyours right under a 1000 watt bulbs (ran on a 600 watt ballast..don't ask)...His is real green
These don't compare to Leng Si's cap.....
BTW, I think Tyree did find one.

attml

I don't have anything in the tank, well, except for a small white sponge that's hanging on for dear life
That's not a real sponge! The last time you were cleaning your glass your Mantis Shrimp tripped on an aptasia (or was it a majano?) and accidently tour a piece of the cello sponge you were using to clean off the glass!:D
I've got some extra digitata if your Mantis gets lonely! I realize it isn't very colorful but you could just do like the rest of the west coast guys and put it in a bowl of food coloring for a couple of hours!
Just totally kidding my friend! I'll stop now!! Take care Mark!
:)

attml

Oops! A little slow on the draw! I was too busy trying to think of a clever comeback and I didn't see your last post in time to realize we were getting civil again! :D The Leng Si cap was amazing! That thing had a 1 inch purple rim and it was really thick for a cap.
I was a little unclear about the MEP/Carlos info. Did you mean that MEP got his PM from Carlos? I thought he said he got it directly from Steve but I could be wrong on that? Thanks!
Mark

golfish

You know, I've seen Steve's tanks about 5 times. He NEVER had the lights on once. I don't even think he had the PM when MEP got his. I could be wrong, doesn't matter, Carlos and Steve used to be partners so its all the same.
Aww, you heard about the Mantis shrimp. I didn't want to mention that because I know how some people frown on them. I just buy him a tang or other expensive fish, you know, like a little buddy to play with. Once he gets tired of it he kills and eats it.
I don't use a cello sponge to clean my tank silly. I use a toilet brush. They have a new one out, it has a little canister (like shaving cream) all you do is pull the trigger and it shoots out the disinfectant. You get a real clean sweet smelling tank, you have to shoot the stuff up along the top edge of the tank and let the thick foam slowly fall down the sides...just makes things easier to clean.