SOVIETTACO's 24g Nano-Cube Diary

soviettaco

Well here's a pic of the candy cane, you will all just have to wait a little longer to see more stuff go in the tank.

FTS

Updated stocklist: (12-29-09)
red = new purchase
blue = new hitchhiker discovery
green = removed
INVERTS:
3 nassarius snails
5 astrea snails
3-5 stometella snail (hitchhikers)
12 medium blue leg hermits
1 scarlet hermit
3 Sexy Shrimp
2 Pom Pom Crabs
1 Porcelain Anemone Crab
1 Purple and Yellow Feather Duster (anyone know the proper name?)
1 Electric Blue Hermit
1 (or more) Asterina Starfish (Hitchhiker)
Red Fromia Starfish
Royal Urchin
B@ST@RD GORILLA CRAB AHHHHHH!!!!
FISH:
2 ocellaris clowns
Green Clown Goby
1 Bangaii Cardinal
CORAL:
1 green torch coral with almost 8 heads now!!!
Red brain coral
piece of rock with a ton of purple/blue mushrooms
Brown button polyps
Fire and Ice Zoanthids
Green Star Polyps
Blasto Merleti
Moonstone
Green Lantern Zoanthids
Orange Delight zoanthids? (need ID)
Olive and yellow zoanthids? (need ID)
Blue Cany Cane
LR/LS:
about 12 lbs LR
20 lbs LS
FUTURE POSSIBILITIES:
BTA, GBTA, or RBTA
Obviously I want more crabs

Acans (a bunch of different types, any suggestions?)
maybe Single stalk Hammer or Frogspawn
Goniopora (possibly red and green)
Plate coral of some type
Green hairy shrooms
Bunch of ricordea
Carnations
Red hornets zoos
Acid drop (NG PE)
Australian Protopalythoas
Christmas cloves
Gold Dust Lunar zoos
True candy apple zoos
Warhead zoos
Blue hornets zoos
Nightmare zoos
Armor of god zoos
Alveopora
Favias
Favites
Monti
Chalice
Chili
mandarin

soviettaco

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3198112
SO I guess stuff really does hang up on it.....Mine never moves anything
I wouldn't say its really stuck to it I think it's holding on to the stuff and eating algae off. He has pretty short needles but really long feet. like 2 inches long. And he only moves rubble and empty shells.

socalnano24

The starfish is pretty. Does it seem to be doing ok in your tank? everyone always recomends against em on small tanks or is that just for sand sifters?

soviettaco

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3198248
The starfish is pretty. Does it seem to be doing ok in your tank? everyone always recomends against em on small tanks or is that just for sand sifters?
Yeah the star is doing really well, and the one I returned to the LFS has actually healed up and is also doing really well. I don't know, I've been pretty lucky so far with everything only real problem right now is the flat worm population, I'm kind of against using chemicals cause I don't want their toxins to mess everything up, I'd rather get a mandrin or a FW eating nudi.

soviettaco

Originally Posted by Contraband629
http:///forum/post/3198303
Hey dude, that starfish is reef safe? I've been wanting a starfish for my nano but everyone says its never gonna happen.
I got mine from my LFS,
heres the basic info
Other Common Names
Red Starfish, Black Spotted Starfish, Red and Black Starfish, Sea Star
Description
The Red Fromia Starfish is one of the hardiest of the Starfish family. They are still quite sensitive to changes in pH, temperature, and salinity changes. Fromia require a very long and slow acclimation period prior to introduction into the display aquarium.
Fromia starfish consume microorganisms and an almost invisible film alga. Because of this, they should be introduced into well established aquaria that has been running no less than 1 year . Fromia starfish stay relatively small and are better suited for smaller aquariums.
Diet
If introduced to a large well established aquarium, very little can be done to supplement the Fromia diet as its main sustenance consists of microorganisms and film algae that is invisible to the

[hr]
eye. Fromia Starfish are not considered to be good candidates for algae control problems and will likely perish in an aquarium with excessive algae problems. The algae they consume usually grows in only established and seasoned aquariums.
and yes it is reef safe