Spidey's 150g Reef Build

veni vidi vici

That is AWSOME! Spidey.I like the pully sytem for the lighting.Im going to try out some Heavy Duty drawer slides and aluminum rack.Let us know how it works ,because if mine dosent ill need another system

aquaknight

Contact your individual tank manufacture about support. As far as I'm aware, if you happen to put too thick of foam, it can some pressure onto the bottom glass and run the risk it failing. Glass tanks are only designed to be supported on the plastic trim.
I would definitely add a thin piece of foam rubber under that sump though!
Taggin' with the thread Spidey!

veni vidi vici

One other thing,could you ask your cabinet maker where he gets his European hinges.I need 3/8 overlays and im not going to pay $3 + per hinge at HD.

spiderwoman

Inside the cabinet plumbing is done!
Calcium reactor will go in this end once we get all fittings

LifeReefugium with light attached to the sump system

candycane

I'm so proud, i'm gonna cry..............sometime I just get, I get.......be right back.............

Ok, i'm all right now. GREAT set up Spidey. Completely the way that most of mine were or are kept. Can't wait to see the future pics. NOW YOU NEED MORE CLAMS!!! LOL

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by candycane
http:///forum/post/2633427
I'm so proud, i'm gonna cry..............sometime I just get, I get.......be right back.............

Ok, i'm all right now. GREAT set up Spidey. Completely the way that most of mine were or are kept. Can't wait to see the future pics. NOW YOU NEED MORE CLAMS!!! LOL

You are silly!
I wanna see your setup(s) now that you mention them

candycane

Chances are NO ONE will ever get a full tank shot. Any way that I try to take one, I get part of my clam breeding systems in there. I managed to get a high up shot once of one of the tidepools just becaue I was installing an electric lift wire (to move stuff around) and thought it would be funny to see if it would hold me, LOL.

scotts

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2633293
Canopy is here!!! and it is monster size just like we planned!

Is hubby the tall guy smiling at the camera, or the shorter guy with his face plastered against the canopy carrying all the weight?

BTW it looks AWESOME!! I am probably going to be building a new stand and canopy for my tank so now I have a design the look at.

scopus tang

Very, very nice - love the pully system, would love to see some more detailed shots. Otherwise, just tagging along for the build

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2634012
Is hubby the tall guy smiling at the camera, or the shorter guy with his face plastered against the canopy carrying all the weight?

BTW it looks AWESOME!! I am probably going to be building a new stand and canopy for my tank so now I have a design the look at.

Hubby is the one smiling (tall guy). I'm really excited about the progress. For a month or so nothing was happening and I even offered to put the whole thing for sale to recoup the money spent so far. I think that was the incentive for moving forward hehehe.

spiderwoman

Monday will be the day when water goes in.
Received yesterday: 100lbs of Key's sand from SWF.com
Most of the rock is ready to go in the tank. I need to cure 60lbs of Tonga shelve rocks that I still have in a box (got from Marco Rocks). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.
Lighting:
PFO dual 400W ballast will fire up Radium 20k bulbs and I'll be testing a single LED bulb in the middle. Ordered the LED bulb today and it will arrive on Tuesday. If the test goes well, I'll switch the MH's to the LED's. Only time will tell.
Also today I got the flow nozzles for the overflows. We are using 2 28inch Durso standpipes, one in each built-in overflows and hubby built the secondary pipes.

spiderwoman

We'll move the Neptune AquaController 3 from the 75 to the 150 and I've placed an order for a AquaController Jr unit for the 75. I figured the bigger tank will need more monitoring and possibly more features from the controller than the 75 tank.

scopus tang

Nice, Awesome, Spectacular
. Bet you are really glad that you went with this builder rather than the other one. Can't wait to see the aquascaping
!

stdreb27

So it is the tenth and still no updates. Surely there is nothing that can be so important that you haven't worked on your new tank any more.