Spidey's 150g Reef Build

scotts

Yeah those green ones are really big. I hope both of you ended up with two. If not give it a little time and they will split. Pretty cool looking aren't they?

t316

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2684042
One of the green hairy mushrooms detached from the rock probably 10 minutes after I had them in the tank and it took residence behind a table rock I have in there. Right before I turned off the light, it was probably a good 5 inches accross!
Mine too....and I just replaced my MH bulbs today (upgraded to 20K's) and all of those things are opening up hugh. Spidey, think Scott was feeding them succors some illegal drugs or something

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2684103
Mine too....and I just replaced my MH bulbs today (upgraded to 20K's) and all of those things are opening up hugh. Spidey, think Scott was feeding them succors some illegal drugs or something

Which 20k's did you go with? I'm going to run Radium 20k's with the MH's... can't wait. If I'm lucky the MH's are going to go up tomorrow night. I'm going to pick up some more coral colonies today from other reefers, we are getting together at one of the sponsor LFS's in Charlotte and we'll see what I come home with. I do know I'll get a 40+ head candy cane colony from one!
Scott wasn't feeding drugs, he was feeding fair maidens or hot brunettes to them

t316

http:///forum/post/2684231
Which 20k's did you go with? I'm going to run Radium 20k's with the MH's... can't wait. If I'm lucky the MH's are going to go up tomorrow night. I'm going to pick up some more coral colonies today from other reefers, we are getting together at one of the sponsor LFS's in Charlotte and we'll see what I come home with. I do know I'll get a 40+ head candy cane colony from one!
Scott wasn't feeding drugs, he was feeding fair maidens or hot brunettes to them

XM brand, 250w 20,000K MH's. I can't tell that they are all that much brighter, but I was told that it could take a week or so for them to "burn in". I'm hoping that they will put off a deeper blue.

scotts

http:///forum/post/2684231

Which means they will do excellent in your tank.

Hey both of your, I only had PC's on my tank so if you have MH I would put them at the bottom of your tanks. At least to start out with.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2684371
XM brand, 250w 20,000K MH's. I can't tell that they are all that much brighter, but I was told that it could take a week or so for them to "burn in". I'm hoping that they will put off a deeper blue.
At 20,000 kelvin they'd better be blue!

spiderwoman

Finally an update on the tank.
We are going to run this tank with 2x400 MH's Radium 20k bulbs mogul base and spider reflectors. The new LED bulb will be in the middle allowing me to keep lower light corals in that area.
Hubby getting ready to wire the MH's. We had the tank taped so that he could drill the necessary holes to the canopy

spiderwoman

FTS that kind of looks funky. We have 3 different colors of lights going on there.
Left side: incorrect Radium 20k bulb (color PLANTA), will get the correct bulb in on Tuesday.
Center: the LED light
Right side: correct Radium 20k bulb. I guess in 2 weeks the correct color will show up, but so far I'm absolutely LOVING the color.
Note: No actinic support at this time. We did order 2 2foot T5 retros and 1 4 foot retro that should come in next week. That way I can have my morning and evening actinics (blue and pink bulb's ordered).
Lights are all the way to the top of the canopy right now so there is a very distinct shadow from the braces.
These pics are almost identical, but took 2

spiderwoman

One of my jobs today is to scrape the back and left side walls. I failed to do that when we put the water in and I'm sure the salt and sand spots are going to be fun to scrape!

spiderwoman

Thanks guys! Now to the pic overload...
Absolutely gorgeous Midas Blenny. After a few months of hunting her down, I finally got a beautiful specimen, size large

And her favorite spot to lay in, cup LR

spiderwoman

More livestock
Mr and Mrs Scotts (Scotts 5 yr old mated pair). He was kind enough to trust Dwight (T316) and I to give his livestock new homes.
In the 2nd picture you can briefly see our new White Cheek Tang (also known as Gold Rim). Wish us good luck in keeping him.

scotts

WOW that Midas is beautiful! Almost as nice as the clowns
You know the funny part is that they stayed in the corner on the other side of my tank.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2693921
WOW that Midas is beautiful! Almost as nice as the clowns
You know the funny part is that they stayed in the corner on the other side of my tank.

That Midas is gorgeous, I have to brag on that one. hehehe
Your pair has ventured through the whole tank now and schooled with the Midas a few times. They still seem to prefer the right corner of the tank and take refuge behind the rockwork.

spiderwoman

Here is our new Goby. Not sure if it's called Red Spot Watchman or not. Size large

Here is the White Cheek Tang also known as Gold Rim. Research on him was misleading. Some sites said his care level is easy/moderate and some says he is demanding and more skittish than his cousin Powder Brown. I found him at a LFS that had him for 3 weeks and he is very healthy and fat. His stress stripes disappeared quite quickly. Every time I stick my hand in the tank he shows the stripes.
Very difficult to get a picture of him as he is a very fast swimmer.

spiderwoman

Now to the first corals. All pics in this post are taken under the LED light, no actinics, so the colors are nowhere as near as nice as they are live.
Mushrooms from Scotts:
Hairy green

Beautiful reds

Also a small tenticle frogspawn in the same pic

Plate and Favia from RebelPrettyBoy.

spiderwoman

Micromussa colony. MH's are up, but the coral is under LED

Candy Cane colony acclimating, under LED

Elegance, got it yesterday at the same time as Darth Mauls etc. Under the true blue Radium 20k MH.