Spidey's 150g Reef Build

spiderwoman

I have camera now attached to my laptop and getting ready to upload. Then I just need to select which to crop and show :)

matt b

Can I see some pix of the plumbing? And is this a six foot? I am going shopping for my tank today
I really like this setup. I might look into this size. Anything size wise you would have changed?

spiderwoman

I'll upload more pics of the plumbing. There should be some in the earlier part of this thread.
2 things that I'd change in a heartbeat...
- width of the tank to be 24 inches instead of 18 inches
- height/depth of the tank to be 24 instead of 28 inches (too deep for me to work in)

matt b

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2741760
I'll upload more pics of the plumbing. There should be some in the earlier part of this thread.
2 things that I'd change in a heartbeat...
- width of the tank to be 24 inches instead of 18 inches
- height/depth of the tank to be 24 instead of 28 inches (too deep for me to work in)
Thanks! I will make sure I check those things! yeah I was thinking the width cause the wider the easier for aquascaping.

spiderwoman

Starting the update with equipment...
AquaController III

Teco 1/3 hp chiller

2 DC8's that are used with the AquaController III

Refugium and Berlier sump system

Tunze 7095 controller for 2 6100 Tunze ph's

spiderwoman

Lights:
Full inside the canopy

right side: 400W MH w/Radium 20k mogul based bulb

center: 250W LED

left side same as right

Retro T5's (2 48inch and 2 24inch) running true actinics and reef blue bulbs

Moonlight control; Neptune Systems Lunar Simulator connected to the AC3 unit

Moonlight setup has 5 LED's

rebelprettyboy

Love the scoly! It is pretty dang big. Also the acans look awesome. U got a closer pic of the ones in the middle?
And the FTs is awesome!!!

spiderwoman

More pictures
Elegance

Large Candy Cane colony

Striped CC

Huge Hammer colony (size of a football)

2 of the clams; Maxima and Crocea

matt b

jaw droping! I dont even care about the coral/fish. All that equipment is like eye candy to me!!

michael1972

I have been watching this from the time you talked about the led light as its own post!!
I love the Midas Blenny.
The wood work is awesome i wish i knew someone that would make me a cab and canopy for my 235 i settled for a metal frame.
A few questions for you?
1 how do you like the Tunze 7095 controller for 2 6100 Tunze ph's and is that all the flow that you have except the return from the sump ?
2 how do you like the LED light would it be worth it to run 2 of them in the middle?
3 Would you think of moving your T5 down closer to the top of the tank or do you think it would not make a diff.
Your tank is awesome I hope to be there some day.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by MICHAEL1972
http:///forum/post/2742377
A few questions for you?
1 how do you like the Tunze 7095 controller for 2 6100 Tunze ph's and is that all the flow that you have except the return from the sump ?
2 how do you like the LED light would it be worth it to run 2 of them in the middle?
3 Would you think of moving your T5 down closer to the top of the tank or do you think it would not make a diff.
Your tank is awesome I hope to be there some day.
Thanks!!
1) Tunze's give us more than enough flow. Right now they are running only 60% power and that is about 2000gph from each, so that is 4000gph from powerheads and another 1300 or so from the return pump. If I don't have the powerheads pointed at each other, then there would be a huge sandstorm.
2) The LED is ok... I would not spend more money to get another one right now. It's too yellow, maybe when they come out with the 15k and 20k, I may reconsider. Even if there is 2 of them in the middle, the penetration is not any deeper. One is enough, the spread covers the area.
3) Right now all corals are still acclimating to the new environment so the lights are at the currently high level. We can move them up and down at any time very easily. Our cabinet maker built a fully adjustable light shelf that moves with a crank

He did great with his design !!
Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2742396
Are you happy with the 400w? I see you have a chiller but do you have huge heat problems?
I do love the 400W's, especially the Radium 20k bulbs.
Without the chiller and all doors closed to the cabinet and canopy, the temp would climb very quickly to undesirable level. Even with A/C running at 73, and doors open, the temp would get to 82.6 during the day. Now I have the chiller set for 81, corals seem to like that the best. Leathers wouldn't raise up and show polyps well at 79 and 80.
I'm using the AC controller as a backup for temp. If the chiller fails and temp starts raising, the right side MH turns off when the temp hits 82.3, the left side MH turns off when the temp hits 82.6.
Originally Posted by addicted2

http:///forum/post/2742404
WOW!

Glad you like it