Spidey's Red Sea Max

zanoshanox

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2777405
wrong get a biocube 29
Definitely not. The Red Sea Max is far superior to the biocube...
They're good for the price...But biocubes are at the bottom of the spectrum IMO as far as quality and functionality goes. The Red Sea max's are pricey, but the equipment is superior in every way...

zanoshanox

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/2777412
Yes T5's... Red Sea Max is head and shoulders better than any biocube... and for a lot of reasons - better filtration and built-in power strip are some of my primary reasons.
Spiderwoman - how much do you love that all those switches are built-in on the side? It's so clean!
^^Exactly, plus they've got t-5's...skimmer....etc
Nicest all in one setup on the market.

spiderwoman

Tadaaaa pictures are here. Pardon the green feather algae in some of the zoa frags. They all came with a hefty amount of that and I've been pruning it and nothing seems to help. I guess I just need to pick each feather out with a tweezer

spiderwoman

thanks!
I just ordered Yashia Goby & Candy Red Pistol Shrimp Pair for ... I think this tank. I'm debating if I should get a Jawfish for the larger (150g) tank or for this one.

rebelprettyboy

Nice nice we got pics! Aquascape looks kinda similar! All tohse mushrooms came on the LR? They look awesome!
U def wanna get as much of that algea of them zoas.
I had some on a SPS frag a while back and it was onl a little and it was horrbible. It was so hard to get off cz it was tough. When Id tear it off the rocks it like on there good. And grew pretty fast once it got on the rocks as well. I hated it!

subielover

I think that feathery crap is some type of calupera, I have it too
I just keep pulling it out, I am hoping a bicolor blenny will help but not counting on it.

spiderwoman

Yeah, I hate that algae. It's not the standard green hair, it's like feather. Does it have a different name?

spiderwoman

I can't wait to move all my zoa and paly frags to that tanks and leave the other reefs for either larger zoa colonies or just LPS/SPS.

spiderwoman

:) Thanks!
I had most of that rock in other tanks and wanted to bring the mushrooms over. They look so much better in a smaller tank :)

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2778946
oh. but why viper? lol no american are bad. german are the best! lol. i just lov e your tank
German are good. I'm from Europe so I grew up with a MB in the house. Viper kicks butt thought :)

rebelprettyboy

IDk what the name of the algea. I just know I hate it And my lawnmower blenny never touched mine unless it was short. While it was long it would swim right over, but after pulling a lot of it off then hed pick at it.

spiderwoman

I can't believe what the difference in zoa colors are when I moved them from the 75g reef to the nano. I moved 16 frags this morning and they look completely different in the nano. I had them on magnet frag racks on the side of the tank and they clearly were not getting the optimum light etc there. Will move more throughout the day and will get pics once they are happy and opened up. My Orange Envy's are already wide open and I'm now seeing the neon green mouth... didn't see it in the other tank. I've got 2 single head frags :)